Vacation Day Protest, July 1st. Anti-Star Sellers unite!

fayestap

Reply to @jpreay: Yes, the buyers are the lifeblood of our success.

So, could you explain why you rated a buyer with a 1 star rating after they rated you 3 stars? Surely this directly contradicts your own carefully-crafted brown-nosed PR crap?

jpreay said: This is a toxic mentality is focused on the want of profit and not the service to your paying clientele.
If so, ,why you must you write "sellers beware" and argue with the buyer about not paying for gig extras? I might be wrong, but your message indicates that you will do anything to keep a customer happy, so why rate your customer with a 1 star rating after they rated you with 3? This doesn't correlate with your post; and for that reason, I have no interest in anything else you write.

This is the feedback you left, in case you forgot: "When you order on fiverr and demand extras that are offered and you do not pay for them, that is a problem with the buyer and not the seller. Lesson here folks pay for the extras I will gladly add them on... Pay only for the $5er and that is what you will get. Sellers Beware."

As you so beautifully put it, please stop poisoning the well by giving buyers a bad rating because they won't pay you more.

Ciao!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jpreay

@mrproofreading it’s not poison that I write, it’s the honest truth, when someone cancels or pushed business away from fiverr due to an internal squabble with fiverr.com that is the essence of PTW.

and to your personal comment about as to weather you want to listen to me or not means exactly squat to me. But thanks for the notice that you no longer listen to me. It’s good to know there are haters out there, means I am doing something right.

This is the reply i get from buyer when i ask that why you have rated my order 3.5 stars while i deliver you excellent work and you admit it.

BUYER REPLY
Hi Bobby, Don't take it personally as i have never given anyone 10/10 as it leaves no room for improvement.We have decided to add PINTEREST to our site so please add the PINTEREST logo to the card design.In fact the social media logos could be larger and
my name/director smaller.Sorry to be a pain :-( I have more work coming your way next month.

This is the reason this ARS sucks big time.

I am suspending my gigs. A buyer just gave me 3.5 stars after I bent over backwards and wrote double the words for her gig. She received her gig within 24 hours, two days ahead of schedule. I said plainly in the delivery to let me know what changes she wanted. She accepted delivery and closed giving me 3.5 stars.

I did not leave a rating for her, I refunded her order. I will not accept money for work someone does not feel meets their criteria.

There are other places to work. This isn’t it until they fix a broken system.

Reply to @jpreay:

jpreay said: all please get over yourselves, you none of you myself included are so important that they cannot and would never be able to be replaced.

The last time I checked I was registered on free will, and not employed by Fiverr, so I have no worries if 1000 other people register here offering the same service, or not. I do not occupy an assigned workplace, therefore the term "replacing me" and me loosing my job is absurd, because this is a free marketplace and anybody can register and do what I do.

And since it is a free marketplace, I can go on or off vacation, whenever I want. All the quality TRS or other sellers can pack up there stuff and leave if the freelance conditions get non desirable as fast as they registered, we are not bound to each other by any contract.

Yes, Fiverr is my business tool, and I am the CEO of my own company. Fiverr is only a tool, a web application that I use as a tool to offer my business!!!! and I pay 20% to use the tool, its not for free. This fee includes my marketing fee, my SEO fee and Customer Service fee and of course the usage of the platform.

As a CEO, aka I am my own boss!!!!! and not Fiverr is my employer, if I see that a tool that I use for my business has a lot of bugs, not good customer service and is unsuitable for me to conduct or continue the business that I want, I can stop using the tool for a little or forever. I can complain about the service received for the 20% I pay for and do what ever I want, regardless if I hurt you or not. At the end, your just another freelancer or business owner and we are not bound by physical work place or a work contract.

I think this post is a little naive and makes you sound like, your confused about the online marketing concept. I have a feeling, and you write it that way, that you put this place equal with a mortar and brick business, an employer where I would have a regulated working contract, working hours, pay into insurance and I have a workplace that is assigned to me only and such.

If you do bad because I decide to take a day of vacation (poison the well) I suggest, you better YOUR self and your gig, since this is a free marketplace and my actions should not influence you, we have no ties. On the other hand, what do you expect, to ignore that for me, this particular web application is not suitebale at the moment and I want to withdraw my personal 20% I pay and not wanting to use such a unjust marketplace? Do you want solidarity from me, from all the other people that have the same opinion, to stick around so your business does not get spoiled?

Look I do respect your opinion and there is nothing wrong having an opinion, but I rally think your not really grasping the concept of this business model of online businesses and your a bit confusing this with an employment model.

Sincerely
Mimie

jpreay said: At the end of the day I think that some on here might not quite understand that The Buyers are the lifeblood of your success, and frankly the feedback is a tool to allow buyers to know the unvarnished truth, and allow sellers that provide great service a chance to really shine, or improve in the areas they need to brush up on.

This is the exact reason why i joined the protest. The new feedback tools simply aren't as effective as the old tools and the decrease in feedback shows that the star rating system is not user friendly.

The easier it is for the buyer to rate the more buyers will use the feature.

Won't comment on the rest of the post as it seems like an attempt to provoke and derail the protest.

Reply to @jpreay: If you post a comment approving a feature that 98% of buyers detest, you can be sure to receive a rebuttal. My comment wasn’t ‘personal’, I simply stated I have no interest in observing your posts, because they are clearly contradictory to the poor customer service shown on your top selling gig, as posted above.

However, I’ve now noticed you’ve updated your feedback for the buyer to 5 stars, so surely, my message resonated with you enough to force you to change your feedback - thus further validating my point.

Reply to @jpreay: I don’t have time for a long reply, but I do want to point out that this was not a strike or any kind of union action. What happened yesterday was a peaceful demonstration of our concern and a demonstration of what might begin to happen in the near future if the current rating system is left in place.

Of course when sellers do start to leave in earnest, they won’t do it with this much fanfare. They’ll just shut down their gigs and move on. For most sellers, Fiverr is supplemental income or something they do as a hobby. When the system becomes too frustrating and degrading, they’ll just walk away. And when sellers leave, we all suffer. Sellers attract buyers.

I think the sellers who have posted on this thread have demonstrated an enormous commitment to their customers. I certainly want every buyer who works with me to LOVE their video or voiceover. For heaven’s sake, I created the darn thing.

This system is simply too subjective, critical, and complicated for both buyers and sellers. Quality sellers are already very easy to spot both from the reviews and the samples which are readily available either by request or on gig pages.

Reply to @fayestap: Very intelligent post. 🙂

However, there ARE those amongst the protesters, who DO see this as a UNION action. I’m glad you pointed out to them, that this is NOT.

> when sellers leave, we all suffer

In the case of GOOD sellers, yes, this is so true.

I had hoped to make this point to the many Buyers I am in contact with, but it appears that most buyers simply cannot see this far “down the road”.

😦

Guest ezinearticles4u

I have never been a part of any “union” neither I plan to do so. I’m a freelancer!

I just demand not to be bullied! I won’t let them abuse me for $4!

My gig is still suspended… If nothing changes here, well, it was good while it lasted!

(I’m just feeling sorry for all those sellers who were over-delivering, and spending hours and hours on Fiverr! I have too toyed with the idea of doing it full time… now I see what a mistake would that have been.)

Guest ezinearticles4u

Ugh, okay…? I hope you’re kidding with that…

Anyway, the ***** rating system is still alive and I am getting new ratings for work done MONTHS ago!

Ludicrous!

Guest ezinearticles4u

Reply to @mimie01:

Well, then abuse is not sanctioned around here, and this is not a healthy work environment!

I actually just got a rating for the work done LAST YEAR!

jpreay said: You know not everyone believes that Unions are the way of the world, free markets exist for a reason...

Actually there's no such think as a free market actually.

Because any market worth being in, for example, has a currency. The value of a currency is totally based upon the reliability of the governance that support it.

Beyond that, we're a united front of entrepreneurs. This is not a "labour v managment" issue. It's about showing support of our fiverr marketplace and making it the best for all people.

I would imagine you agree with that goal?

wingle said: Hi Bobby, Don't take it personally as i have never given anyone 10/10 as it leaves no room for improvement.We have decided to add PINTEREST to our site so please add the PINTEREST logo to the card design.In fact the social media logos could be larger and

my name/director smaller.Sorry to be a pain :-( I have more work coming your way next month.

OMG,

I have MORE work for you where I will again refuse to rate you highly!!!!

This is CRAZY!

Wow, everyone the Strike yesterday was PHENOMENAL.

A number of buyers reached out to me to see what the protest was about and I had to refund one order that slipped through.

People are on our side and they don’t like the change.

Those who do, are really accordionists who either fail to understand the problem or just feel that all resistance is a bad idea.

Remember the words of Oscar Wilde - The world has been made by fools that wise men may live in it.

So, we “fools” will continue to resists so that those who will say it was all obvious after we win …can celebrate 🙂

Guest ezinearticles4u

Reply to @mimie01:

There is no way that a buyer remembers the details about a gig which was delivered OVER 8 MONTHS AGO.

I’m going to attempt to contest this with Fiverr’s CS, but I’m not hopeful at all.

I did not look at yesterday’s activity as anything resembling a strike. It was a peaceful protest, as many others have already mentioned.

Fiverr is not my employer, they own the building I do business in and I pay rent. When they install a skylight above my office for greater “illumination” and it’s a bit leaky, I’m going to speak up.

That’s it.

To say that anyone who stood up for what they believed yesterday should be gotten rid of…just wow.

Archived