Vacation Day Protest, July 1st. Anti-Star Sellers unite!

fayestap

Reply to @fungoodesigns: I respect your opinion, but I reject your argument. A large group of sellers - including a high percentage of TRS’s - being vocal and assertive about abusive practices (especially when negative press in the blogosphere is a factor) will have an impact. Haven’t you ever seen news footage of a stockholders’ meeting when something controversial is happening in a corporation? Productive outrage combined with publicity can be quite effective. You can choose to be complacent if you wish, but sooner or later, you will get burned by this ridiculous “innovation.”

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in!

I just received this lovely piece of feedback.

I’ve worked for hard for a perfect feedback score and this new system just killed that hard work. I’m moving on from Fiverr if this isn’t fixed. That will be my protest.

Here is the reply I just submitted to the “ARS isn’t as bad as you think” blog post.

"All I know is, my earnings have dropped since the ARS was introduced. And I’ve been (still) getting great ratings overall… though I too have my ARS horror stories. (3 stars because what you got was “useful”? Come on)

"In other words, BUYERS ARE BUYING LESS since the star rating system was introduced."

It’s one thing to talk about abusive buyers using the “star ratings” to sexually harass sellers. But when this thing starts hitting us – and Fiverr, too! – in the pocketbooks?

Money talks!

Sheriff Note: Anarcho Here, While I support the cause, we cannot have outside links. Give people keywords to search if you want. Uh, Second note, I keep deleting the link only to have it back?!?!?! AS far as I know news links haven’t been approved, but maybe they have been?

One news outlet has picked up on the protest and featured an article.

Edit: Fixed it for you Anarcho, aha.

Reply to @calocedrus: Wow, what an insulting article. Anyone else feel completely condescended to? Most of us (certainly everyone here) are already working our butts off to provide high quality products and the best customer service. Being extra nice to customers isn’t going to change the inherent flaws in this system.

Reply to @emasonwrites: Exactly! It’s like they’re chiding us. If only you provided a better product then you wouldn’t have to worry about the star ratings. Yeah, we already do. Why do they think all but one TRS (apparently) are so opposed to this system?

They’ll end up accomplishing the opposite of what the article states is their goal. Quality sellers will desert the site and only the mediocre ones will remain.

Reply to @bachas85: It’s still stars, so still not good enough. If delivery time rating has been removed, that’s a good thing, but the problem is with people having to grade each question on a scale from 1 to 5 instead of just saying if they’re positive about it or not - ARS is much more subjective and personal, and is therefore not an arbitrary measurement of quality.

Reply to @bachas85: If we were to rate Fiverr’s communication about the ARS, what would you give them… they modified their delivery, but without really asking our specifics. 2 stars?

Service as described? It’s what we have come to expect. Sadly, the help desk is no longer what it used to be. I remember a TRS would get quick service, like crazy lightning quick service… now it takes me days to get a half-attempted solution to solve my own problem. They never really address the issue, just say they will look into it… and then you never see it fixed. 3 stars?

Recommend? Yea, Fiverr’s been really awesome for me… I love it here. Change is bound to happen, but there’s too many flaws out there to implement something as unnecessary as this ARS… 3 stars?

Stars have 5 sharp edges. When people throw them around carelessly, someone gets hurt. Thumbs are blunt and if someone gives you a thumbs down, just tell them where to stick it… Bring back thumbs!

Reply to @bachas85: Star system isn’t good for a market of 5$

bachas85 said: 1. Communication with seller
How responsive was the seller during the process?

Why they don't ask communication with the buyer? sometimes I had buyers that I ask to myself if they exist due to poor answers

bachas85 said: 2. Service as described
Did the results match the gig's description?

I am sure I am not the only with this problem, but sometimes I have buyer's requesting more of what I am offering...

This system is absurd

Reply to @stop_it_man:

of course I seen news footage lol my point is… this new system is almost the same as EBAY… This system is in place to give real honest buyers the chance to really go in depth with our services. sure there will be some buyers that will ruin it for us because they are just rude… but you just have to take the good with the bad… there are honest and buyers out there that wont hurt your rating on spite…

I would rather focus on giving my customers a great experience on buying from me and also be friendly with them… If its someone you dont want to deal with… then just cancel the order. If your all willing to lose a days pay to go on strike… then you should have no issue with canceling an order with a buyer that you worked hard for and couldn’t make happy… even offer to let them keep the work for free… this way your rating isnt not effected and you live and learn… A store like walmart gets robbed everyday… sure this is the net but you have to learn to take a hit once in a while…

Its business… you cant please everyone and a few are out to scam, some people are even your competition… and they dont mind spending 5 bucks to ruin your rating… Do a search on your buyer before dealing with them… talk to them first…

and if all else fails… If a buyer makes you work hard and trys to get your work for free or will threaten you… head over on their facebook wall, yelp, google, and post their comments and show their customers how they treat people…

Just saying…

Either way - Im not rich… my friend… I support your movement… but I also have common sense… they been tweaking this system for a month now… It looks like it is finally done… so since Im too poor to pass by a buyer tomorrow… Im going to accept the rating system as i accept ebays… and just keep being nice to my buyers

Archived