Vacation Day Protest, July 1st. Anti-Star Sellers unite!

fayestap

Let’s see if we can get organized enough to create a bit of a ripple.

How many people are on board for a vacation day protest on July 1st? (I’ve chosen this day because Tuesdays are historically big sales days for me, and it gives us a little time to spread the word.)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JULY FIRST - DEFINITELY!

Why?

Shhhhh…

(July 1st is Canada Day. Which means that the country that makes the 3rd largest purchases of gigs on Fiverr in the World!.. will be on a national holiday. All the Canuck Buyers will be gone - thus “boosting” your efforts!)

Shhhhh…

😉

Ahem!.. [clearing throat from whispering]… 😉

Uh, yeah… I’m in.

Even though I’m a Buyer-Only (and being a workaholic, I’ll probably be the only Canadian working online that day)…

…I will add my voice to this protest against Fiverr’s ARSe…

:))

…by refusing to buy ANY gigs, from Monday night (the 30th) through Wednesday morning (the 2nd), just in case.

😃

I’m in!!! I just got a “satisfactory experience” 3.5 stars from a buyer! I don’t know how else I could have made her experience better- I offered a free revision to her specifications (which she didn’t take or indicate that she wanted me to do it) and I gave her TWO free gig bonuses! No communication from her end either.

I want to be very clear about this.

The purpose of this vacation day, is not to form a union or protest the entire Fiverr experience. I’m grateful for my time on Fiverr. I’ve had the opportunity to hone my skills in a way that only mass volume provides; I’ve met some amazing people, some of whom have become real life friends, and I’ve earned a significant amount of money.

There is so much grumbling in the community at the moment, though, that I’m afraid people are going to start trickling away from Fiverr. We’ve all seen online communities rise and fall (sometimes within months). And as soon as sellers start leaving, buyers will leave, and Fiverr will no longer be a viable freelancing site.

The purpose of the vacation day is to create a small ripple, to demonstrate what it might start to look like when unhappy sellers leave.

Archived