Vacation Day Protest, July 1st. Anti-Star Sellers unite!

fayestap

In my view, mimie01 is the first official martyr for this cause, God bless her. I humbly suggest that bloggers on this topic should make sure that her story figures prominently in their posts. We need to draw focus on that particular incident because it truly is a picture of a buyer using the stars system to abuse, exploit and extort a seller; this is the shape of things to come under this disaster.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think everyone should send Fiverr customer support the message below!

I believe the “new star rating system” is bad for buyers and sellers, for

reasons you have no doubt already heard and read.

If you would like to incentivize sellers going “above and beyond,” replace

the star ratings with a “send a tip” button.

Fiverr sellers already work extremely hard for their $4. This will

encourage those who go “above and beyond” rather than punishing those in a

niche with overly-picky buyers.

TIPS NOT STARS!

Sincerely,

(your name)

We should ALL send that message to them so we can get our point across even more! Im in on this protest!!!

Reply to @emeraldawnn: Got a 5 star rating, for a job well done, deliverd 5 days ahead and responed to all messages within 5 minutes, nice right??? Buyer wants mor work, I say no. He gets nasty, makes s****l coments, gives me 1 star rating on the second order, and comes back 2 day later and changes 5 star into 1 star.

CS says, sorry, what ever buyer say goes, we will not remove comment if buyer is not ok with it regardless of all facts, and !!!

Buyer is able to leave 3 negative coments on 2 gigs, how is that possible???

Reply to @stop_it_man: All rights are being stipt from sellers. Sellers are organising and boycoting an online platform, never before has this happend …

I am so overwellmed of the sence of comunity, love and compassion and we never even meet!

We dont hoddle up in the lunch room to talk or celebrate chrismas together at a party, we know nothing about eachother and jet, the support and compenionship could not be any better…

Thank you guy!

I’ve put my account in vacation mode, and plan to keep it that way until I see that the obvious problems with Fiverr support, the ARS, the rules/TOS that only seem to apply to sellers and not to buyers, and the general “buyers have all the power”-attitude are resolved and Fiverr has once again become a nice place to do business. Until then, I’ve told my regular buyers to contact me through e-mail to continue business (curious to see if any Fiverr staff will pick up on this or if they just skip the forums completely) and I don’t plan to earn Fiverr another CENT until the issues I mentioned are resolved. This also goes for me buying gigs, I’d rather pay more to someone else than spend another 5 bucks on Fiverr.

So yea, one day will cause a ripple. A week will do some more serious damage. But I say be thorough; If all sellers were to just put their accounts into vacation mode or suspend their gigs so buyers can’t place any more orders, Fiverr would go DOWN and they would either have to FIX what’s wrong or else go out of business. Now, on my own I’m not going to make much of a difference, but I hope there will be more people doing something radical. We can’t let them get away with this!

Maybe as an added extra we could all withdraw the funds in our balance on July 1st. I don’t know about you guys but I generally have quite a bit of money in it (except now that they basically stole my hard-earned money a couple of days ago) so if everyone were to withdraw as much as they could, I’m betting Fiverr would feel that as well. This might just hit them where it hurts, and maybe it would increase the chances of them listening to us for a change - Nothing coming in but lots going out tends to shake up these kinds of profit-hungry businesses quite a bit, maybe enough for them to actually do something.

Thoughts on this? Good idea or not?

Reply to @mimie01: Protest news is tricky. We don’t have a “physical space”, we don’t want the protest to have no effect and Fiverr be able to be quoted saying, "We hadn’t notice a change in sales, etc."

This is not like a strike line where buyer see us with a inflated rat … not sure How it would work media wise.

Reply to @mimie01: As my son says - quoting Homeward Bound - that blows Chow Chow… The abuse you experienced is totally uncalled for and unethical. CS is just digging their own grave.

I hope you don’t mind but I wrote an article for a client - he’s got a news website - and used your story to highlight the problem with the ARS as well as abuse…

This is totally beyond BS… this is harrassment and needs to be stopped right away.

Fiverr, you’re not getting it… You have tons of horror stories about this problem and yet you refuse to get your head out of the sand. Come on! As I used to say about the school - being a janitor before a reporter - if it weren’t for us Residence Life housekeepers, there would be no students living in the dorms or attending the campus. We are the blood to your lifeline… And, to quote a favorite movie of mine “Maximum Overdrive” - WE MADE YOU… not the other way around…

It’s time to show us more than just a little respect. You are not our employer… stop being some buyer-misguided and treat us with the dignity we deserve too!

You do know the Fiver team looks at these posts and laugh… they make money regardless if your making a sale or not… you only spite yourself by taking your gigs down… fiverr.com is a multimillion dollar company… if you take your gig down… there are 100 new people joining fiverr.com daily…

Last I checked… I dont have F-U money… So Im going to work everyday regardless… I do wish you guys luck in trying to stop a system that is already implemented.

I know the new rating system sucks… but face facts… no matter what its here to stay… in a few months we will all get used to it…

fact of life…

Reply to @jtengle: As long as it stays in their account, technically it’s their money and they can do with it whatever they want. They just have to have it ready when you want to withdraw it. Also, if they leave it long enough in their bank account, they may even get interests on the total amount. I imagine it’s basically the same as the money in your PayPal account, but on a smaller scale. There’s gotta be a reason why they want you to keep your money with them, and why they don’t let you withdraw money you put into Fiverr yourself…

That’s just what I think is going on, and I might be wrong of course. But if I was a company that permanently had a lot of money sitting in the bank (it stays in the same place, even if it’s transferred between a lot of various buyers and sellers), I’d be trying to make the most of it. And from what I’ve seen from Fiverr lately, all they really care about is profits so it’s quite possible that I’m not all that far off.

Of course if everyone usually withdraws immediately, this won’t have much added effect, but if we could make the withdrawal amount go significantly higher than usually, this might cause some extra attention from Fiverr to our cause.

Reply to @fungoodesigns:

Fiverr is an amazing platform, I absolutely love that I have been able to develop and hone my craft, my passion, while still bringing in money. Nowhere else could I have done this. I love waking up to messages of people wanting my service, wanting me to develop a database…little o’l me! I love that I can work from home, in my jammies and be with my daughter. I love that we can have impromptu games of hide and go seek, that I can work where and when I want.

So because of all these things, I will protest. I protest to make this a fair environment for everyone, sellers and buyers. I will protest because I wish to continue being a seller on fiverr, because I’m an honest seller and I deserve honest buyers. I will protest because abusive behavior such as mimie01 case is not OK, even if it didn’t happen to me. I will protest because fiverr is so amazing, but it could be so much better and it could get much worse. I will protest because I am sick and tired of having to write tutorials on how to buy, start and complete gigs to buyers who are very intelligent but must navigate a site that is not user friendly. I will protest because it not just the ars(e) system there is an issue with, it is the system in whole and I feel since it is hard work, mine and yours, that has developed this system that we should at least have some voice, even if it is small. I will protest because when these bad ratings, experiences and buyers happen to me (and they will) I will no longer enjoy what I do and no amount of money can replace that.

Archived