Help-Chat Gig Confusion

peerbuddy

Question

2 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, peerbuddy said:

Hello, I'm super new here and I've decided to offer text chat instead of video chat but I'm not sure how that works. Do I hold the chat sessions with client here on Fiverr or do I take it off the platform? Thanks!

You are not allowed to contact anyone off the platform. That is against the terms and Fiverr enforces this strictly. Fiverr has a perfectly good chat with an inbox. Whenever someone places an order, a separate order page is generated, where you can continue the conversation, share files as needed, deliver projects, receive revision requests, feedback or solve problems in the resolution center. That's where you chat with your buyers during an order. The inbox is reserved for pre-order chats. 

Inside the order, you will also have the option to provide video chats via Zoom, at least with business clients. 

Again, and I can't stress this enough: you're not allowed to share your contact information or communicate with buyers outside of Fiverr. If a specific service you offer requires you to have contact outside of Fiverr, you may only share the contact information or personal details inside the order. Again, Fiverr is very strict about this. 

If you offer text chat as a service, you would chat with them inside the order. 

There might be some exceptions to this, if/when a particular service can only be rendered with outside contact. In those cases, I would confirm it with customer support first. I assume coaching might be one of those cases. 

I recommend you to read the terms of service that you accepted and agreed to when signing up for Fiverr. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, smashradio said:

You are not allowed to contact anyone off the platform. That is against the terms and Fiverr enforces this strictly. Fiverr has a perfectly good chat with an inbox. Whenever someone places an order, a separate order page is generated, where you can continue the conversation, share files as needed, deliver projects, receive revision requests, feedback or solve problems in the resolution center. That's where you chat with your buyers during an order. The inbox is reserved for pre-order chats. 

Inside the order, you will also have the option to provide video chats via Zoom, at least with business clients. 

Again, and I can't stress this enough: you're not allowed to share your contact information or communicate with buyers outside of Fiverr. If a specific service you offer requires you to have contact outside of Fiverr, you may only share the contact information or personal details inside the order. Again, Fiverr is very strict about this. 

If you offer text chat as a service, you would chat with them inside the order. 

There might be some exceptions to this, if/when a particular service can only be rendered with outside contact. In those cases, I would confirm it with customer support first. I assume coaching might be one of those cases. 

I recommend you to read the terms of service that you accepted and agreed to when signing up for Fiverr. 

Thank you so much for clarifying this! I appreciate your help.

• Like 6