My response rate is declining automatically

murloc

Hello everyone,

I am a level two seller, been here for 6+ years. And up to this time I haven't faced this strange issue. I have maintained a 100% response rate since I started selling on Fiverr. I have never failed to respond to any queries for more than 12 hours maximum.

But recently, about a month back, I noticed my response rate was 98%. then in few days it became 95%. Where there is no unanswered  queries on my inbox. So I got in touch with the support, and they told me I may have been delaying my response, which I was not. They could not give any solution to this. And now I see yesterday the rate hit 90%.

I am really worried about this as I see my gig exposure was hit very badly for this. Have any of you faced similar issue? The support manager told me to wait off 60 days then the unresponsive messages will be reset. But that's a long time to get deranked and we all know how hard it is to get the rank up again.

Thank you all

• Like 5

Sorry you are facing this, but that response rate is generated by the system and is automatic. So unless there is a bug, there is definitely a message you have missed out on even if you think there isn't. You should check again your messages each and every one for the past 3 months if you want to be sure, and even perhaps the unread, archive and spam folder. 

Note that it may be going down by the day, because of the volume of messages you're receiving (meaning you aren't getting enough messages). Remember it only counts for the past 60 days. The more messages you receive and the sooner you reply, that will improve.

Edited by theratypist
  • Like 3
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

Sorry you are facing this, but that response rate is generated by the system and is automatic. So unless there is a bug, there is definitely a message you have missed out on even if you think there isn't. You should check again your messages each and every one for the past 3 months if you want to be sure, and even perhaps the unread, archive and spam folder. 

Note that it may be going down by the day, because of the volume of messages you're receiving (meaning you aren't getting enough messages). Remember it only counts for the past 60 days. The more messages you receive and the sooner you reply, that will improve.

Thanks. I understand that. I have checked, re-checked all my messages. Unread, archived, spam, I have checked them multiple times. There is not a single non replied message in past 6 months. That's why I reached out to Fiverr support.

Edited by murloc
  • Like 1
  • Up 3

3 hours ago, murloc said:

Thanks. I understand that. I have checked, re-checked all my messages. Unread, archived, spam, I have checked them multiple times. There is not a single non replied message in past 6 months. That's why I reached out to Fiverr support.

Did you mark a message that was flagged as spam, as being "not spam"? This happened to me once. I saw a message in my spam folder that wasn't spam, so I marked it as not being spam. My mistake was not checking the date on the message before doing so, because it was more than 24 hours old. The result was a drop in response rate. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, smashradio said:

Did you mark a message that was flagged as spam, as being "not spam"? This happened to me once. I saw a message in my spam folder that wasn't spam, so I marked it as not being spam. My mistake was not checking the date on the message before doing so, because it was more than 24 hours old. The result was a drop in response rate. 

Hello, I have received only two spam messages since beginning. Marked neither as 'Not spam'.

• Like 2