Missed to Reply in Time to Your Client? Get him by these Way!

customerin

Last night I fall asleep. And when I got up from bed I noticed a client from USA knocked me two hours ago. I felt depressed. But I never missed to reply him with politeness! I observe that it was around 9 pm in USA. I messaged him with what he wanted for his business. But I got no reply. Then all day long I messaged him in three steps asking first, the availability of the job. If yes then what I could do for him. And lastly I greeted him while noticed it has been morning there. And surprisingly I got a reply with more politeness from him. And this is the second order I got on my dream place Fiverr and in progress. First one is monthly basis.

So what are the lessons for you? Let's try to follow the lessons!

Happy earning! Enjoy!

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

If I wanted to buy something and got three separate messages from a possible seller, I would probably get annoyed. They can see the first response you give when they come back to Fiverr again. I'm glad it worked for you, but I wouldn't suggest this as a matter of course.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, though.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, melanielm said:

If I wanted to buy something and got three separate messages from a possible seller, I would probably get annoyed.

I agree.

Many of my buyers also run businesses or work in companies. They often tell me they are busy or need to get back to work when they message me. So if I do need to contact them, I make sure it is necessary and put everything I want to ask into one message.

• Like 8
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

@customerin, Congratulations on getting your second buyer! 

23 hours ago, customerin said:

Last night I fall asleep. And when I got up from bed I noticed a client from USA knocked me two hours ago. I felt depressed.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing to sleep at night!! It isn't. You are allowed to sleep.  As long as your overall response time is good, you shouldn't have to worry if you miss a message or two when you sleep.

I also have customers in the US (I'm in Japan), so sometimes I'll see that I have unread messages that have been sitting in my inbox for 4 hours or even 6 hours when I wake up. This doesn't happen too often because I do rotate my sleep so that I can be available when my US customers are. I'm also very responsive to messages when I am awake, so I still have an average response time of 1 hour.

23 hours ago, customerin said:

But I never missed to reply him with politeness! I observe that it was around 9 pm in USA. I messaged him with what he wanted for his business. But I got no reply. Then all day long I messaged him in three steps asking first, the availability of the job. If yes then what I could do for him. And lastly I greeted him while noticed it has been morning there. And surprisingly I got a reply with more politeness from him. And this is the second order I got on my dream place Fiverr and in progress. First one is monthly basis.

I agree with @melanielm and @vickiespencer - when you do finally respond to a buyer's message, you only need to send one message. Anticipate your client's needs so that you can include all the information you need in that one message. Too many messages can look like spam and can annoy the buyer.

If you don't hear back right away from the buyer, don't worry! In the case of your buyer you were probably sending messages when he was sleeping or winding down for the day.  Sometimes clients will also be busy getting ready in the mornings and may not respond until the evening when their work is over and things have settled down again. So be patient. When you respect your clients' time, they will respect yours. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2