Is there anyone who lost GIG rank and get back to 1st page again?

emon_arefin

Hello Fiverr,

I have recently regained my GIG rank after a long time. I lost the GIG rank due to some order cancellation. I was affected by Covid a few months ago, then I couldn't finish my running order due to my sickness. As a result the GIG went down. And last month I got an order from one of my previous clients, and then suddenly my GIG started to show up on the 1st page. 

Please share your experience if you have ever regained your GIG rank. 

Thanks

Emon Arefin

Mine isn't a frontpage to last page thing, because i really don't know how to check that. But my gigs impressions dropped really low early this year. Like i had only 64 impressions and no clicks on my most popular gig. Now, it's back to being in thousands. 

On 5/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, emon_arefin said:

Please share your experience if you have ever regained your GIG rank. 

On 5/14/2022 at 8:00 PM, amit_tuhin said:

I am new and i do not idea about this matter.

Irrelevant replies as in the above can only be considered as spamming the forum.

Let me terll you that Gig Rank is a JOKE.  I attained the Top Seller rank criteria and thought it was a matter of course being awarded the rank badge.  No - seemingly Fiverr Editors subjectively decide who attains the rank and it is based on on attainment but on their opinion. Worse is that they don't tell anyone.  Fiverr has served me well and I it but now i only rank my success through my customer feedback.  

On a similar note - I did fall back a couple of times because of idiot buyers asking me to do their homework for them.  I must have had about a dozen in a week and unfortunately I missed a response by a few minutes - wallop red flag.  

18 hours ago, mindskills said:

Let me terll you that Gig Rank is a JOKE.  I attained the Top Seller rank criteria and thought it was a matter of course being awarded the rank badge.  No - seemingly Fiverr Editors subjectively decide who attains the rank and it is based on on attainment but on their opinion. Worse is that they don't tell anyone.  Fiverr has served me well and I it but now i only rank my success through my customer feedback.  

On a similar note - I did fall back a couple of times because of idiot buyers asking me to do their homework for them.  I must have had about a dozen in a week and unfortunately I missed a response by a few minutes - wallop red flag.  

Seems like you would benefit greatly by reading how levels work and the ToS in general.

The editorial team doesn’t decide based on personal preference, there are certain hidden criteria that need to be met.

The more you understand about the subject the less frustrated you will feel.

As for the OP’s post: it happens to me every couple of months.

And I am considered a power-user no matter how you look at it.

23 hours ago, mindskills said:

Worse is that they don't tell anyone.  Fiverr has served me well and I it but now i only rank my success through my customer feedback.  

But Fiverr does tell you on the analytics page: It took me two years to gain the TRS badge after meeting all of the requirements.

904002862_ScreenShot2022-05-19at8_00_19AM.thumb.png.9ce9294fb5b1228280e9ec39ca257af8.png

On 5/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, barrisam said:

Mine isn't a frontpage to last page thing, because i really don't know how to check that. But my gigs impressions dropped really low early this year. Like i had only 64 impressions and no clicks on my most popular gig. Now, it's back to being in thousands. 

What do you think of the reason behind getting back the impression rate? 

On 5/18/2022 at 10:32 AM, mindskills said:

I don't think the ranking factor depends on their opinion and @frank_d also mentioned about that "The editorial team doesn’t decide based on personal preference". I don't know their algorithm in fact no one exactly know their criteria for be on the first page. But they definitely have something based on seller performance and the buyer feedback that put impact highly on the GIG. 

On 5/14/2022 at 9:18 AM, williambryan392 said:

The idea of 'rank' is a bit of a myth, but in answer to your question, yes, I went from the front page, to not front page after cutting back on fiverr, then when I came back to fiverr I got back to the front page

Can you please explain what do you mean by myth? By telling the "Rank" I meant to be on the first page of the search result for any particular keyword. I don't understand how this "ranking" thing could be myth.

On 5/14/2022 at 9:14 AM, abdheshkjha said:

This had happened to me too. Sometimes we lost the gig rank and regained it after completing a few orders.

But the hard part is to get order after losing the Rank. 

On 5/19/2022 at 3:01 PM, vickiespencer said:

904002862_ScreenShot2022-05-19at8_00_19AM.thumb.png.9ce9294fb5b1228280e9ec39ca257af8.png

Actually if you look at the WHOLE Criteria you will see that the Editorial Team DECIDE.  They take into consideration the achievement criteria in their decision BUT (and this is what is subjective)  - a seller can achieve ALL the Top Seller Criteria and still NOT be awarded Top Seller Status.  

Top-Rated Seller

Important: This is a manual process. If you meet the Top-Rated requirements below, our Editorial team will review your performance from the previous 60 days to confirm your eligibility. After this, the Editorial team will decide if you're a Top-Rated Seller. 

How do I know? Since November 2021 I achieved ALL the requirements below and expected to attain the Top Seller Status  - yet when I enquired as to why I hadn't the Fiverr Team responded by saying it is an EDITOR decision.  So why should a seller work hard to achieve the criteria when even the fiverr Team have zero influence over it award - that is why I made the decision to treat it as a joke and only focus on my customers.    

This group of Sellers enjoys a growing number of exclusive benefits as they continue providing buyers with an overall excellent experience. 

To reach Top-Rated Seller status, the following are required:

• You have been an active seller for at least 180 days. 
  • You have completed, at least, 100 orders (all time). 
  • Your earnings are more than $20,000.  
  • You have maintained a 4.7-star rating over 60 days.
  • Your response rate has received a score of 90% over 60 days.
  • Your order completion rate has received a score of 90% over 60 days. 
  • Your on-time delivery score has received a score of 90% over 60 days.
  • You have received no warnings over 30 days.

I think this thread is talking about two different things:

'Gig rank' - your position in search results on the marketplace when Buyers search for gigs.

'Seller levels' - The level you are awarded by Fiverr (1 & 2 are based on visible metrics, TRS is based on visible and hidden metrics).

There is correlation between the two, but not causation.

35 minutes ago, mindskills said:

Actually if you look at the WHOLE Criteria you will see that the Editorial Team DECIDE

Typically makes sense to look at the entirety of the info.

So why should a seller work hard to achieve the criteria when even the fiverr Team have zero influence over it award

The fiverr team do have influence, they just call it the 'Editorial Team'.

They manually review/consider sellers that have hit the fixed requirements each month.

I expect (just my opinion!) they also consider the following amongst other things:

• have high Buyer satisfaction (private reviews)
  • have gigs/an offering they think should be TRS
  • high quality gig images
  • high quality descriptions
  • good use of the FAQs
  • good use of requirements
  • average selling price
  • your category(ies) are not oversaturated with existing TRS
  • and other mysteries!

that is why I made the decision to treat it as a joke and only focus on my customers.    

Definitely the best approach! It took me 8 months to be awarded. I had to do a lot of reflection along the way, make improvements and over deliver like hell.

And the thing is I could lose it next month! It's not permanent, so it's best to not worry about levels IMO. If you get it cool, but if you don't you can still be super successful on fiverr. Interestingly my lowest revenue month this year will likely be this month, my first month of TRS 🤣

@mindskills sorry if it seems like I'm teaching you to suck eggs, you've done a lot more fiverr'ing than me so I expect most of this isn't surprising to you. 

Archived