My review doesn't want to go through, what are the Illegal characters in reviews?

jeremiah_fsp

Question

I had finished an order was trying to give a review to my customer and the review never went through every time. All I would get is an error with no details on why I my review didn't go through. I contacted support and it took a couple of days to get going back and forth between different people and finally, I get a vague answer. "Only letters and numbers and avoid using any other characters. Punctuation marks or special characters and symbols can lead to an "illegal characters" error.  
Only alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers), and commas are advised to be used when leaving feedback." That is what I was told, but what are the illegal characters? Is the same rule from making gigs completely applied to making reviews or not? I just need an exact list of all the illegal characters on fiverr please. I really wanna share my feedback about my customer. I had wrote 4-5 paragraphs in my review about them. If you'd like to see what I wrote, let me know and I'll share it to those who would like to help.

• Like 3
  • Up 3

2 answers to this question

1 minute ago, jeremiah_fsp said:

I get a vague answer. "Only letters and numbers and avoid using any other characters. Punctuation marks or special characters and symbols can lead to an "illegal characters" error.  
Only alphanumeric characters (letters and numbers), and commas are advised to be used when leaving feedback." 

This feedback seems pretty specific. Please go through your review and check to see if you have anything that is NOT a letter or number. Things like dashes " - " or parenthesis " () " can throw it off. Try rewording to avoid such characters.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jeremiah_fsp said:

had wrote 4-5 paragraphs in my review about them.

Sounds super long to me, maybe the problem isn't "illegal" characters 😅 (that always makes me chuckle, poor harmless and potentially helpful characters, like, for example, upper-case letters to start typing languages in a Gig title, which apparently have been deemed illegal by some coder) but rather a character limit?

Else, just don't use any special characters that support listed, and only those you may, and see what happens then.

Another possibility, as you speak about days... It's only possible to leave a review for up to 10 days, so make sure that's not the issue, before you invest more time.

• Like 6