Replacing gig that has 30 reviews with a new niche/gig?

pebble85

Question

Hey there, I have been thinking to add more services to my profile in new niches though

Is it better to create a new fresh gig and start from fresh?

OR...

Is it better to replace some of my old gigs that are now stagnant, but they have 30 reviews, so maybe i'm hoping the new niche will gain traction due to those 30 reviews

I ponder, that perhaps the SEO and indexing might conflict with the old niche and might hurt my ranking so might do more harm than good

TLDR

Old gig in T Shirts design service with 30 reviews, to be replaced by new photoshop edits gig to gain traction, good or bad idea?

Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

I would advice to not abandon old gigs if they have some reviews on them. Instead try to improve them.

That is if you are not at gig limit and can't create more until you delete some you don't like as much.

As for SEO, it's encouraged to have gigs of the same niche but with different keywords, to give targeted buyers variety.

1 hour ago, adsensewizard said:

I would advice to not abandon old gigs if they have some reviews on them. Instead try to improve them.

That is if you are not at gig limit and can't create more until you delete some you don't like as much.

As for SEO, it's encouraged to have gigs of the same niche but with different keywords, to give targeted buyers variety.

Thanks for the response

I will be deleting the gig regardless, its no longer viable to improve it, so its either it with a new niche or I will end up deleting it, it doesn't fit well with new profile and my new focus to take things forward as a fiverr seller

I am replacing t shirt design gig with a photoshop retouching, so the categories are the same but the keywords are different

What would you do?

I would suggest creating the new gig for your photoshop retouching  neche, and keeping the old gig alive. The old gig can bring customers to your profile and maybe they will end up buying other services that you are offering.

And also if you delete the old gig, all those cutomers reviews will be lost and it will downgrade your profile for other customers as well. 

Hope this helps 😄

Archived