The Tip feature needs to be rethought and completely optional.

kenvernon

On 7/2/2020 at 5:22 AM, samson801 said:

If you charge $100 and hope to get a $30 tip, why don’t you just charge $30? I would happily pay $130. I would not be happy if I planned to pay $100, and then felt llike I was guilted into paying another $30. It’s probably b/c FIverr made it an option so they could get more money themselves.

Well, Fiverr can encourage people to tip, that's the platform's choice. I agree that a lot of sellers complain about Fiverr taking too much as their cut. Why not increase prices then? It's that simple, and most buyers won't care. In fact, people that pay more for services are the ones that won't mind tipping, while you can find a lot of $5 sticklers that want a lot of extra work for that $5, you will work overboard, let alone receive any tip lol.

• Like 4

Leaving the tip portion until the end, when it has not been previously mentioned, is unprofessional. This does not sit well with me. Reminds me of restaurants balancing their checkbooks on the backs of unsuspecting patrons, who are brow beaten into paying for services (such as counter service) which has never been tipped in the past.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a buyer. 

Whenever I place a gig, and the communication & delivery exceeded my expectations, I always leave a tip.
I recently had a gig, and was asked - as usual - to leave a tip. I did not feel inclined, so I opted out.
The system kept asking me 2 more times to leave a tip_or not. 

Then I receive a automated Email from Fiverr asking me to privately rate my experience. I shared my experience, and again I was asked a whopping 2 times to leave a tip.
I understand that Fiverr needs to make money, but I insist someone here from Fiverr is reading this.
If you-Fiverr keeps on asking so aggressively for leaving tips, where you charge service fees, I will deactive my account and use another platform.
I had it with your overly aggressive way of inducing a charge fee!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1