I think I have been scammed

lydiakara

Question

A returning  buyer placed an order for two articles. After the order was delivered, it was automatically marked as complete. A couple of days before the money was supposed to be cleared, the buyer contacted me saying they were dissapointed with the work. I offered to rewrite any parts of the articles they didn't like but they denied that and cancelled the order. Right now, I can see that even though they canceled the order, they posted one of the articles on their blog. Is there anything I can do about it? I offer option for 500 words articles and 1000 words articles, and they chose the option for an 1000 world article but they specified within that order that they would need 2 500 words articles on different topics . They still haven't published the second article as of now, but I'm sure they will be doing so.

2 answers to this question

That doesn't sound right. Did you deliver just what they purchased (so, 1000 words) or did you do the full 5000? No matter what, if they said they don't like they work, refused to pay and then took it, that's technically stealing - so I most likely would take a screenshot/link and send it to CS to see if there's anything they can do... I'm quite certain they'll end up using the other article as well... some people are just... not nice. (to put it nicely.)

Obviously, people are not allowed to use the content you create if they canceled the order. That's theft. I would contact them and tell them in a professional manner that since they canceled the order they do not have legal rights to use the content you created. If they do not take it down within twenty-four hours, report them to Fiverr. If you want to take it one step further, contact the web hosting platform of the site they posted on and report their use of stolen content. Unfortunately, these steps may not yield the outcome you want. Similar things have happened to me in the past. Sometimes the bad guys win.

Archived