is there no guarantee?

richardbernstei

I have spent lot of $ on Fiverr helping me develop my software. Recently I have an issue which involved moving the application from my laptop to AWS. I am having a problem and everyone claims that it is the "other guys" issue. This involves AWS, jetBrains, mySQL RDS, and docker. I have found that it takes more than "an hour" for some for these issues to display, well after "payment is due". What typically happens is that a project takes 3 days, the seller doesn't start working on it until 2.5 days but Fiver demands payment at 3 days. At 4 or 5 days, problems with the sellers work start to appear but the sellers are loathe to fix anything for free. For this reason I have asked for a written explanation of the work that was done but 90% of the time I don't get it. 

Has anyone else had this issue and how do you deal with it? IMO the work needs to be guaranteed. Perhaps that could be a feature of VID accounts? 

40 minutes ago, richardbernstei said:

but Fiver demands payment at 3 days.

Buyers are required to pay for an order BEFORE the seller begins work on the order.

42 minutes ago, richardbernstei said:

sellers are loathe to fix anything for free

Sellers are not required to offer free work, unless their gig states that they offer free revisions.

1 hour ago, richardbernstei said:

Has anyone else had this issue and how do you deal with it? IMO the work needs to be guaranteed. Perhaps that could be a feature of VID accounts? 

You should receive what you have paid for, as I am not entirely familiar with what you purchase I am getting the idea that it is something related to software. Are these a string of sellers that are working on projects related to each other? Again I am not familiar or aware of what you are purchasing. But the seller should deliver what was promised, if its work beyond than what is asked then they might charge for a revision. Please try to reach out to Customer Support if you are unsure about anything https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Guarantee. Perhaps I misspelled this. I am loathe to accept delivery on something as complex without a written guarantee. That's how things work here in the US. Sellers guarantee their work. If everything looks OK for an hour or two but the system crashes after that it just doesn't work, for the buyer, IMO. I suggest that buyers ONLY deal with with sellers who offer free revisions for a certain number of weeks after delivery. How do I get this written into any "deal" I do? 

Jonbaas, I often get offers from people who might be very smart, but honestly have no idea how to solve the problem. That is OK, because my issues are unique. I understand that. But, can I assume from your post that I should refuse to accept a delivery until a week or two has passed after the due date, just to make sure that the problems are actually solved? Seems like after payment the sellers responsibility is over. It can't be in a situation like this. 

How do I get this written into my offers?

17 minutes ago, richardbernstei said:

How do I get this written into my offers?

Don't purchase directly on the gig but let the seller send you a "custom offer" through the inbox and you can order from there. Perhaps you have tried this already, so you may be familiar with that process. From there the seller can specifically mention your specific request such as "will include X assistance or revisions". That way if the seller doesn't fulfill those promises, you can dispute this with Customer Support and get a refund for that order. The written statement in that "offer" will serve as your "guarantee". Although I suggest you agree on something specific so it can be measured, like X amount of times / hours for assistance etc so it would be fair on both ends and there is a clear line when another order should be made when it is beyond the inclusions of that order.  

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010559198-Custom-Offers

Although another point of consideration would be letting the order run for 2 weeks in general (not necessarily sending through the delivery button), and finding a seller who is fine with that arrangement. Because if the seller sends it through the delivery button the order becomes marked as complete after 3 days. Once an order is marked "complete" that means you already accepted the work and revisions are not covered. Sellers only get paid once you "accept delivery". Accepting a delivery closes the order, so there may be a loophole if you ask for revisions after you accepted the delivery. It will boil down to working with a seller who understands your needs. 

Last suggestion would be, the 3 day delivery could work but pressing "I'm not ready to accept delivery" or the revision button. Then the revisions being, "Checking for 2 weeks until the program is running smoothly." However, this method ties up with agreeing beforehand with the seller that this is your arrangement. Through the custom offer / guarantee I mentioned in the first paragraph.  

• 3 weeks later...

It has been awhile. I think what is needed is a place for buyers to rate sellers, not viewable by sellers. I recently had two more experiences where a seller did work for me, demanded payment and a recommendation within seconds of finishing, and then when i fully had a chance to test I found that the solution didn't work. On one of the two it has caused me a major delay. I am going to have to hire a very expensive seller on another site to fix this jerk's work. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, theratypist said:

Last suggestion would be, the 3 day delivery could work but pressing "I'm not ready to accept delivery" or the revision button. Then the revisions being, "Checking for 2 weeks until the program is running smoothly." However, this method ties up with agreeing beforehand with the seller that this is your arrangement. Through the custom offer / guarantee I mentioned in the first paragraph.  

Not nearly workable. It has been three weeks since this happened and I still don't know what caused it for sure. If it turns out that i was booby trapped i am so done with fiverr! 

Archived