Seller Plus Question??

fiveroptic1

Question

Hi all, I've got a few questions regarding Seller Plus. Hopefully those of you with knowledge of such matters can impart your wisdom 😃

For those that don't know me, I've been on the Fiverr platform for a little under 2 months, completed a handful of orders, have hardly any reviews (public ones anyway) and I'm not even a level 1 yet; so I was a little surprised to get an email today with an 'invite' to join the 'seller plus' program.
From reading other posts about the program, I presumed that this was only available to seasoned sellers with a lengthy track record. But evidently not. I've read about all the 'benefits' but I'm still left with a few blunt & basic questions which remain unanswered - so where better to turn than the forum.....

Q1: Is this simply a way of extracting additional cash out of naive newbies - with no tangible real world benefit in the short term * Fiverr says to give it a few months to see the benefits...? 
Q2: Should I ignore the invite and continue to build my Fiverr business 'organically'. Or can a newbie also benefit and reap a decent ROI from joining, given that there's a lot of higher level sellers out there who are paying for their visibility in search via 'Promoted Gigs'? 

Looking forward to your input
Many Thanks
Paul     

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, fiveroptic1 said:

Q1: Is this simply a way of extracting additional cash out of naive newbies - with no tangible real world benefit in the short term * Fiverr says to give it a few months to see the benefits...? 

I can't speak for the other metrics, as you can use them at your perusal but the awesome part is having a Success Manager. Their input can help a lot (you are still of course free to choose what part of their input you can implement). It is a nice thing to have someone easily accessible and has perspectives to share from the insider's point of view. 

Should I ignore the invite and continue to build my Fiverr business 'organically'.

I would suggest you try it out for one month or two and see if it is worth the $30. You can always cancel if you don't see it working out.

Or can a newbie also benefit and reap a decent ROI from joining, given that there's a lot of higher level sellers out there who are paying for their visibility in search via 'Promoted Gigs'?

Well... promoted Gigs and Seller Plus vary a bit in terms of use but the outcome is ideally to get you more sales and success on Fiverr. You can still get sales through other routes like marketing somewhere to a target audience. I haven't tried marketing nor do I feel the need to but if I needed to try options, I would definitely try what's available.

I would say, if you're looking to try something new then try it out. It isn't also a very big investment so it won't burn your pockets. See if it works, if it doesn't - its not the end of the world, if it does then pot of gold! Wishing you success my friend! 😄

I think the decision would depend if you see it as a good investment anyway. 
Seller plus doesn’t give you more exposure however I think it is more beneficial for newer sellers. With your success manager you’ll go through your profile and he will give you advices and tips on what to improve, how to handle tough clients and answer your questions. 
Most experienced sellers already have attractive profile and therefore having orders, however for new sellers it might be beneficial to hear some tips and advices from success manager on how to improve 

Thanks for the comments everyone. I still can't help but feel that if they're offering this to newbies like myself, it still begs the question; how on earth will they have enough Success managers to go round? Hence my original concern that, for people who are new like me, it's simply a new revenue stream to tap up income for a few months before people leave due to getting no work. Hope that makes sense? 

I suppose there's no harm in trying though, so I'll give it a go and see where that takes me.

Archived