How to get my first order

chapman12

On 9/24/2021 at 12:09 PM, chapman12 said:

but i notice most buyer do not want me to work for them because they are always after reveiw and with that I won't be hire, 

That can't be the reason, because every single seller on Fiverr started as a brand new seller with zero sales and zero reviews. Take a harder look at what you are offering. Is it better, or unique from what is being offered by the thousands of sellers who got here before you? 

Also, your English both here and in your gig is not up to standard. That costs you sales. Plus, you need to be honest about your skills. You claim to be a "professional digital marketer."  If that were true, you would not be here asking why you have no sales. You would be to busy filling orders. Be honest.

On 9/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, chapman12 said:

Hello everyone, I have a good gigs description and image but i notice most buyer do not want me to work for them because they are always after reveiw and with that I won't be hire, 

So pls what can I do to get my first order ???

If you think you have created your gig perfectly and published properly. Then I can suggest to you that you should wait patiently now and try to stay as active in the Fiverr as possible (If you are a new seller). If you want to know more, read the posts and comments of others by taking time in the forum, then you will know a lot. This topic has been discussed many times before.

Hello, @chapman12

I looked at your profile and found that part of it was copied from somewhere else on the web. Plus, much of the parts in English that you did not copy are not written clearly. The poorly written English will make prospective buyers think you may not be able to communicate well.

Also If you want help to improve your gig, you should post a link in the "Improve My Gig" Category.

52 minutes ago, aminul558294 said:

Write the best quality description in your profile.

So, he should not copy other seller's profiles? 🤔

52 minutes ago, aminul558294 said:

Use eye-catching images.

Which images are 👀 catching?

53 minutes ago, aminul558294 said:

Learn about Fiverr Rules

Yes, Read all of the TOS found at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Be honest, be kind, provide examples of previous work, and explain who you are and what you have previously achieved, clearly and concisely. I personally believe what has helped set me apart from the many other developers here is "me", so sell yourself, as if it was an interview you are applying for, but don't misleed.

I started out as a brand new seller (Software engineering) 3 weeks ago and have on average 1 sale every 1.4 days that I accept. There are many more I have to decline but the jobs are typically larger jobs - so it is not due to the fact you have no reviews 🙂

Being online does help (At least, it has helped me). I typically have Fiverr installed on my phone so can reply almost instantly when in UK hours. If I'm asleep I'll just reply in the morning. 

Anyways, good luck and don't be dis-heartened. 

27 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Please stop spreading this nonsense!

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

Absolute nonsense. 

I'm curious. I've been browsing the forum for around 15 minutes and seen many people replying that it is nonsense that being online means greater gig orders. How is this nonsense?

I've only been a member for 3 weeks and made 18 sales. However, when I am awake I am always online as I leave my phone or PC on the Fiverr page. During this time I always reveive ~23% MORE messages (Messages, not orders, of course). I thought it may be due to time zones, but even when I sleep later at around 4am. On average, I have gained more messages during the hours between 12am-4am when I am awake and online than when I am asleep.

This is purely based on my own personal statistics and data - but, to me, it seems like sound logic. 

EDIT:
There is even a filter to search for ONLY sellers who are online. So surely, it is completely valid that being online more will increase your orders - as you're seen in MORE searches for longer.

image.thumb.png.3bcfe0939d6871c6edc3fbfadb0d1656.png

2 minutes ago, connorconway708 said:

I'm curious. I've been browsing the forum for around 15 minutes and seen many people replying that it is nonsense that being online means greater gig orders. How is this nonsense?

I've only been a member for 3 weeks and made 18 sales. However, when I am awake I am always online as I leave my phone or PC on the Fiverr page. During this time I always reveive ~23% MORE messages (Messages, not orders, of course). I thought it may be due to time zones, but even when I sleep later at around 4am. On average, I have gained more messages during the hours between 12am-4am when I am awake and online than when I am asleep.

This is purely based on my own personal statistics and data - but, to me, it seems like sound logic. 

It is nonsense.

As you said, you've been a seller for three weeks and this wouldn't be a large enough sample size to establish data that would be accurate.
What the more established sellers on here are trying to point out is the certain demographic having a bewildering fascination with insisting you must be online 24/7 is rubbish.

Okay, certain buyers will toggle the 'show online sellers' function when searching for a seller, but 99% of them don't. Certain buyers may also see you're online and decide to send you a message as they see you're available. But, again 95% of buyers choose a seller and a Gig based on their reviews, location, how they present themselves and their Gig, their creditability, and many more factors rather than being online.

The myth that you need to be constantly online is unhealthy.
Just look at the number of sellers that are online as much as possible however get zero orders, there are thousands in the forum.
What you need is a healthy work life balance, sleep, time to work on your orders to your full potential, and to actually focus on the quality of your Gig and how you present it rather than sitting in front of your computer all day and night wondering why orders aren't coming in.

Fiverr support will actually tell you that being online bears zero relevance to how your Gig ranks.

From experience, I only log in to Fiverr to communicate with my clients and deliver orders, and my order queue is full 90% of the time. Take it from me, and every other experienced seller who is successful on the platform. We don't stay logged into the platform and worry about how much time we spend online, and we're not the ones in the forum asking why we aren't getting any orders. If you want to believe that it does, that's cool.

4 minutes ago, lloydsolutions said:

Exactly!

If you type "active online" in the search bar above there are numerous topics on this much discussed subject.

I'm sorry but this is not an "exactly" type situation. If you read my second post, I always receive on average more requests when I am awake than when I am asleep, even during the same hours. I don't think ANYONE is suggesting that you must be online to receive any orders, but that it helps. By the way, I am not trying to argue, just trying to get some actual data and sense on the matter 🤷‍♂️ 

It makes sense to me that being online increases your chances of messages (Based on my own personal data + The online sellers filter), thus increases your chances of orders, and as such isn't completely irrelevant?

8 minutes ago, connorconway708 said:

I don't think ANYONE is suggesting that you must be online to receive any orders,

The nonsense posters are spamming the forum with "active online" as a way to receive orders and more magic!

This is a separate discussion which you will find when you read the topics I referred you to.

There is a lot going on here which you will discover in due course.

Enjoy the forum. 🙂

On 9/24/2021 at 11:09 PM, chapman12 said:

Hello everyone, I have a good gigs description and image but i notice most buyer do not want me to work for them because they are always after reveiw and with that I won't be hire, 

So pls what can I do to get my first order ???

How many gigs did you publish?

6 hours ago, connorconway708 said:

On average, I have gained more messages during the hours between 12am-4am when I am awake and online than when I am asleep.

That might seem like a good logic but I’m sure, if you’ll make an experiment and wouldn’t “stay online” during the day you’ll receive the same amount of messages 😉 

I see you are based in the UK so it is quite normal that you’ll be getting more messages during the day, a lot of people/buyers are in the same time zone with you. 
Online filter helps but do you really want to rely on people that need your service now now now, and that’s also not a majority that uses online filter, a lot of buyers prefer to find seller with gigs that they like rather than the ones that are just online. 
Your situation is also might be very different, if you have promising gigs and fiverr already noticed the quality work you do then they will promote you more but not because you are online. 

If you’ll search the forum more, all people who advocate for staying online are people with minimal amount of sales. All sellers with hundreds of reviews will say that it’s pointless. 

Archived