La Palma

newsmike

3 hours ago, newsmike said:

@smashradio How are things there with the the Volcano?

image.png.638ceba427e52ef9d9c8e3e22cbc4241.png

An erupting volcano can trigger tsunamis, flash floods, earthquakes, mudflows and rockfalls. More than 80% of the earth's surface is volcanic in origin. The sea floor and some mountains were formed by countless volcanic eruptions. Gaseous emissions from volcano formed the earth's atmosphere.

7 hours ago, mr_shopify360 said:

An erupting volcano can trigger tsunamis, flash floods, earthquakes, mudflows and rockfalls. More than 80% of the earth's surface is volcanic in origin. The sea floor and some mountains were formed by countless volcanic eruptions. Gaseous emissions from volcano formed the earth's atmosphere.

Possible side effects may include: nausea, upset stomach, joint inflammation, swelling of the face/throat, rash, fever, headache, dizziness, vomiting and/or diarrhea, expeditious mastery of foreign languages, easy bruising, seizures, insuppressible yawning, general feeling of discomfort or illness, uncanny capacity to smell numbers, ear congestion, hives, crippling fear of sporks, loss of voice, bleeding gums and/or eyeballs, loss of appetite, increased appetite, irresistible ability to organize bookshelves either by color or alphabetically, x-ray vision, slurred speech, impromptu levitation, inability to communicate in any other way besides pig Latin, incontinence, sudden uncontrollable urge to scream “F**K F**K F**K” at the top of your lungs, unanticipated grasp of juggling, insomnia, narcolepsy, leprosy, spontaneous detachment of fingers or toes, unstoppable back hair growth, weight loss, weight gain, shrinkage, colorblindness, tingling in earlobes, rectal numbness, acute ability to taste colors, unquenchable bloodlust, restless fingernails, unappeasable hunger for fruitcake, fierce devotion to K-pop, capability to dream in Chinese, inability to forgive others, unceremonious LARPing, puffy elbows, sudden onset of ability to yodel, light-sensitivity, compulsion to wear kilts, talent for witchcraft, scurvy, eagerness to pursue mercenary life, unrestrained yearning to breakdance, violent craving to skateboard naked, insurgent desire to develop a gambling addiction, uncompromising aspiration to join a flash mob, itchy butt. Call your doctor for medical advice about these or any other side effects you may experience.”

10 hours ago, jonbaas said:

While this wasn't meant for me, it is worth noting that, when I read this, my initial response (in my head) was, "it's hot there". 😛 

Anyway, carry on. I too, an interested in hearing smash's response....

The locals have a weird sense of humor, too. The fake news about mega tsunamis have been illustrated by canarians on surf boards on their way to New York (any such tsunami is extremely unlikely to happen!) and todays joke is about how someone went a bit overboard with their BBQ party this weekend. They are also sharing images of the lava fight from Star Wars. Gotta love how they handle stuff like this. When we had a sand storm it was camels in the desert but with local road signs. 

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

The fake news about mega tsunamis have been illustrated by canarians on surf boards on their way to New York (any such tsunami is extremely unlikely to happen!)

Oh, I'm not worried in the slightest either. The mega disaster stuff is always overkill. And the crazy talk, here, in the USA of a tsunami that wipes out the Eastern coast is, as you said, "extremely unlikely to happen". Still, I find volcanoes to be fascinating, and I hope that those nearby stay safe. Melted rock is nothing to trifle with. 😉 Hot stuff indeed!

Archived