Did your sales increase after becoming a level 1 seller?

ramsbass

Question

9 answers to this question

I definitely got more orders after reaching Level 1, but not immediately.

Like I didn’t get tons of orders the day after I became a Level 1 seller, but the amount of orders I got started to gradually increase over the next month (and so on).

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I can’t say I saw a big difference. It was a long time ago however if I look at my analytics over the years the increase was gradual and doesn’t seem connected to my levels. There is also a topic on fiverr called “level 1 hell” or something like that were sellers complain that their orders plummeted after they reached level 1. 

• Like 10
  • Up 2

I also didn't get more orders immediately! After some time however, I did get way more messages from buyers than before. Not all turned into orders due to a variety of reasons (e.g. buyers not following up/me deciding not tot take on a project etc). I couldn't with confidence say this increase is all due to the Level One status though, since I wouldn't know how it would be without this status since I can't compare. It might also be my account having more reviews than before for example, the time of year or whatever else. 

However I don't think such a status can hurt of course! Congratulations on receiving it and hopefully it will lead to more orders in the future for you too 😄 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

In my experience, it depends actually. Most of the time when you got the level your profile goes to the upper level and it needs time to adjust with the senior sellers on that level. So in my case whenever i got level my sells got a bit down. but it's not a high amount of time. after few weeks i've generate more selles than before.

Thanks

• Like 8

Hi @ramsbass & @ammuabhirami, Congratulations for making it to Level 1!

You are now competing with more serious sellers, and should work on "leveling up" your business as well. I like how @smashradio explains it in the article below:

I posted my first gig 2 1/2 years after I opened my Fiverr account, so I was only a Level 1 Seller for a month. The next month I was a Level 2 seller. I became a TRS four months ago. Business has increased over time but I wouldn't say it was linear or exponential growth (more like the waves of the sea). Don't assume things get easier with higher levels. You still have to work just as hard to maintain or grow your business as a higher-level seller, possibly even more than when you were a newbie. There's  also no "coasting" in freelancing. If you stop, your business stops as well.

Edit: I should have checked the OP's profile before posting (since this post is over 2 years old). However, since the OP is still a Level 1 seller, I'll keep this post as-is.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 7

In my view, there isn't much distinction between a "new seller" and a "level one" seller. Similarly, I don't see a significant difference between a "new seller", a "level one" seller, and a newly promoted "level two" seller. What really matters, in my opinion, are the quantity and quality of the reviews.

Even at level two, I experienced periods without any orders.

• Like 7