Buyers Request Tips for New sellers!

natphiri

Hi! Everyone. I'd like to share my tips on buyer requests. I know they are alot of forums on this but I'd like to share my own tips and my experience 

I'm a new seller. I joined fiverr back in April. It took me almost 2 months to get my first order. I'd send 10 requests everyday, hoping to get my first order. I read so many articles, watched videos, did almost any kind of research on this buyer request but no orders, and then one day I finally got orders. Not one but two orders. 

Since then, most of my orders come from buyers request, and I'm about to become a level 1 seller 

I want to share my tips so that you don't have to go through all that.

Being a new seller with no reviews is difficult. You have no reviews to show that what you do has integrity, and that makes things tough. But every seller was a new seller at one point. 

If you're a new seller with no reviews. You only have words that you'll type to send that offer that has to captivate the buyer.

But don't get me wrong, these tips are for New seller with reviews and no reviews 

Tip 1: 

if you're new and wonder why you see little to no requests, the reason is you mostly likely have just 1 active gig. Atleast have 4 gigs running but not on the same category. Even better, maximize your gigs. 

For example: you're a graphic designer. You can have a gig on vector illustration, logo designing, t-shirt merchandise design, anime design etc. 

Requests depend on the type of service (category) you provide. This way, you'll have more requests on different services you provide.

Tip 2:

NEVER EVER send the same template offer to every single request. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. And DON'T COPY OFFERS 

"Hello, I've worked for the past blaaaah blah years. I'm experienced blah blah. I'm profressional blah blaahhh." You're new please, how will they know that you're a professional with ZERO reviews.

"I've understood that you.. (copied and pasted the requirement the buyer needs) blah"  They are buyers that can SENSE that you just copied and pasted their requirements without understanding it.  Most buyers can KNOW if your offer is just a template with no meaning.

These buyers are human, and you are human. Treat them with a humanly response.  Read carefully and tell them what you've understood in your own perspective, and if you feel you have an idea of how to go about it, tell them the idea. This will show that you've read their request and buyers will be interested.

Tip 3:

Ask questions when NECESSARY. I know most of these articles say "Always ask questions. You're not obliged to ask questions  because requests are different. Some requests have little requirements and others have stated exactly everything they need. But even those requests that have stated everything they need, can make you wonder what exactly else they need.

Read carefully. If there's something you havent understood or you feel something is missing in their requirements. ASK. 

For example: Some buyers can write a whole story about what they need as an illustration, but you're not sure what type of illustration they want. Ask.

Example 2: "I'm looking for someone to make a YouTube thumbnail for my videos"

and you might ask yourself for what kind of videos, is it motivational videos, gaming videos? You obviously have such questions in your head. So ask them when you ecounter such requests.

Tip 4:

Don't let desperation get to you. There are 3 points in this.

1. You're new and you desperately want a review or more reviews, and by doing this you lower your value of your work to get a review. 

What I mean by this. Is that you offer to some requests that don't make sense. They ask for something that should be worth like $100 but they say their budget is $5. 

Don't do that to yourself. Don't waste your precious time and don't devalue your precious services all for a review. When you come across such. Don't waste your time and try to send an offer. Run as far as you can from such.

2. NEVER Contact the buyers. PLEASE NEVER DO THAT. You don't want to get spammed, do you? Let the buyer contact YOU, not the other way round. Even if you desperately need the job and you know you can exactly do what they want. Just don't

All buyers that you can contact, joined as sellers. It's only sellers that can have a "contact me" button. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Don't offer to requests that you know you CAN'T do the job. Don't ever do that. 

Tip 5

Make sure that in your offer, you state "Contact me". You can say "Contact me if you're interested in working with me" etc

Why? Is because you're reducing your chances of cancelling your order. You and your buyer have to be sure that you're fit for the job.  Some buyers might contact you and ask for a free sample or sketch. Make sure that what you're sending has your WATERMARK. Some buyers steal your hard work services 

I forgot to mention this. Don't waste your time on sending offers to requests that have 50 or more offers sent (these are for newbies with no review)

But if you are a newbiew with reviews, don't waste time sending to those that have 70, 95 etc or more offers sent

58 minutes ago, natphiri said:

Hi! Everyone. I'd like to share my tips on buyer requests. I know they are alot of forums on this but I'd like to share my own tips and my experience 

I'm a new seller. I joined fiverr back in April. It took me almost 2 months to get my first order. I'd send 10 requests everyday, hoping to get my first order. I read so many articles, watched videos, did almost any kind of research on this buyer request but no orders, and then one day I finally got orders. Not one but two orders. 

Since then, most of my orders come from buyers request, and I'm about to become a level 1 seller 

Being a new seller with no reviews is difficult. You have no reviews to show that what you do has integrity, and that makes things tough. But every seller was a new seller at one point. 

If you're a new seller with no reviews. You only have words that you'll type to send that offer that has to captivate the buyer.

But don't get me wrong, these tips are for New seller with reviews and no reviews 

Tip 1: 

if you're new and wonder why you see little to no requests, the reason is you mostly likely have just 1 active gig. Atleast have 4 gigs running but not on the same category. Even better, maximize your gigs. 

For example: you're a graphic designer. You can have a gig on vector illustration, logo designing, t-shirt merchandise design, anime design etc. 

Requests depend on the type of service (category) you provide. This way, you'll have more requests on different services you provide.

Tip 2:

NEVER EVER send the same template offer to every single request. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. And DON'T COPY OFFERS 

"Hello, I've worked for the past blaaaah blah years. I'm experienced blah blah. I'm profressional blah blaahhh." You're new please, how will they know that you're a professional with ZERO reviews.

"I've understood that you.. (copied and pasted the requirement the buyer needs) blah"  They are buyers that can SENSE that you just copied and pasted their requirements without understanding it.  Most buyers can KNOW if your offer is just a template with no meaning.

These buyers are human, and you are human. Treat them with a humanly response.  Read carefully and tell them what you've understood in your own perspective, and if you feel you have an idea of how to go about it, tell them the idea. This will show that you've read their request and buyers will be interested.

Tip 3:

Ask questions when NECESSARY. I know most of these articles say "Always ask questions. You're not obliged to ask questions  because requests are different. Some requests have little requirements and others have stated exactly everything they need. But even those requests that have stated everything they need, can make you wonder what exactly else they need.

Read carefully. If there's something you havent understood or you feel something is missing in their requirements. ASK. 

For example: Some buyers can write a whole story about what they need as an illustration, but you're not sure what type of illustration they want. Ask.

and you might ask yourself for what kind of videos, is it motivational videos, gaming videos? You obviously have such questions in your head. So ask them when you ecounter such requests.

Tip 4:

1. You're new and you desperately want a review or more reviews, and by doing this you lower your value of your work to get a review. 

What I mean by this. Is that you offer to some requests that don't make sense. They ask for something that should be worth like $100 but they say their budget is $5. 

Don't do that to yourself. Don't waste your precious time and don't devalue your precious services all for a review. When you come across such. Don't waste your time and try to send an offer. Run as far as you can from such.

2. NEVER Contact the buyers. PLEASE NEVER DO THAT. You don't want to get spammed, do you? Let the buyer contact YOU, not the other way round. Even if you desperately need the job and you know you can exactly do what they want. Just don't

All buyers that you can contact, joined as sellers. It's only sellers that can have a "contact me" button. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Don't offer to requests that you know you CAN'T do the job. Don't ever do that. 

Tip 5

Make sure that in your offer, you state "Contact me". You can say "Contact me if you're interested in working with me" etc

Why? Is because you're reducing your chances of cancelling your order. You and your buyer have to be sure that you're fit for the job.  Some buyers might contact you and ask for a free sample or sketch. Make sure that what you're sending has your WATERMARK. Some buyers steal your hard work services 

knowledgeable and helpful too..thanks

1 hour ago, natphiri said:

Tip 1: 

Tip 2:

Tip 3:

Tip 4:

Tip 5

Yes, I read it. It is more informative and helpful

One last tip

Offer less than the budget. But what I mean is if the request has a budget of $25, offer $15, (or $10 if you think the job is easy for you.) But don't offer $5 if the request has a budget of let's say $50. The buyer will think your quality of work is bad, or you might attract a bad buyer.

Most cases,  a buyer will state that they want a specfic number like "10 icons, 5 essays etc". Include the price for each thing in your offer. For example "I offer $5 for each icon" and then you put the total as your price = $50

5 hours ago, natphiri said:

Tip 1: 

Tip 2:

Tip 3:

Tip 4:

Tip 5

Thanks for this good advice.

5 hours ago, natphiri said:

Tip 1: 

Tip 2:

Tip 3:

Tip 4:

Tip 5

Thanks.

6 hours ago, natphiri said:

Tip 1: 

Tip 2:

Tip 3:

Tip 4:

Tip 5

It's a really suggestive, informative and also motivating article. 

I read it and I suggest every New Seller should read it.

Archived