This is weird! Does anyone know why?

berneyg

Hello guys!
Why does a buyer requests for the same service he/she offers on fiverr? I just don’t understand. Most of them have 0 reviews. They are probably new… That’s very strange to me…
Thank you in advance

Probably resellers.

Offering their service on fiverr and on alternate platforms as well… something along the lines.

The other day I received a message where the seller wanted me to complete a task (unrelated to my gig) for $5… because

“mame, I receiving $20, I pay service fee, then I pay you and fiverr charge service fee, plis understand”

Probably resellers.

Offering their service on fiverr and on alternate platforms as well… something along the lines.

The other day I received a message where the seller wanted me to complete a task (unrelated to my gig) for $5… because

“mame, I receiving $20, I pay service fee, then I pay you and fiverr charge service fee, plis understand”

“mame, I receiving $20, I pay service fee, then I pay you and fiverr charge service fee, plis understand

I mean, that’s a very valid reason. And he’s even being honest! Come on, that’s an offer you can’t refuse!

(jokes aside, most resellers seem to be craftier than that (no one’s ever outright told me ‘hey, I’ll be selling this off to someone else for twice the price’ even though I’m sure it’s happened many times.)

They are probably new… That’s very strange to me…

They could also be new sellers thinking that BR would somehow get them order? I often get spam messages that start with ‘I can do this job’ (many people seem to think our gigs are us looking for such and such services because some other sites work that way I guess.)

“mame, I receiving $20, I pay service fee, then I pay you and fiverr charge service fee, plis understand

I mean, that’s a very valid reason. And he’s even being honest! Come on, that’s an offer you can’t refuse!

(jokes aside, most resellers seem to be craftier than that (no one’s ever outright told me ‘hey, I’ll be selling this off to someone else for twice the price’ even though I’m sure it’s happened many times.)

They are probably new… That’s very strange to me…

They could also be new sellers thinking that BR would somehow get them order? I often get spam messages that start with ‘I can do this job’ (many people seem to think our gigs are us looking for such and such services because some other sites work that way I guess.)

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It is the communication gap the size of a brontosaurus that irks me.

I often get spam messages that start with ‘I can do this job’

Oops! Do you respond with, “Hey, me too!” :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t6: (high five)

There can be a lot of reasons :

• To increase response time
  • outsourcing
  • increase clicks and impressions
  • or maybe trying out. Cause many are very free people out there.
  • To increase response time
  • outsourcing
  • increase clicks and impressions
  • or maybe trying out. Cause many are very free people out there.

Except for the second, others are great reasons to be reported as spam… and eventually banned. 🥳

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It is the communication gap the size of a brontosaurus that irks me.

I often get spam messages that start with ‘I can do this job’

Oops! Do you respond with, “Hey, me too!” :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t6: (high five)

Sometimes I troll them a bit - but I try to be as kind as possible (because I think being nice to people is important and all that sappy jazz) but… sometimes I tell them straight on that they are knocking on the wrong door 😃 If I’m interrupted during writing I tend to be crabby haha

Interestingly enough I don’t see spam in BR all that much (BUT I see lots of ridiculous demands ha)

In addition to what everyone else said, there could be another reason: they’re feeling stuck, or they need a second pair of eyes/second option/something to get their own creativity going.

Something to affirm their service is up to par before they drop their gig for good 😂

So this is the Right Answer.

So new sellers don’t have idea to write or send a proper and appealing Buyer Requests to get orders. So they post request matching their services to get response from Experience sellers. They copy their buyer request to apply for the job.

That’s it.

Jeekay

In addition to what everyone else said, there could be another reason: they’re feeling stuck, or they need a second pair of eyes/second option/something to get their own creativity going.

Exactly. I agree with you. I too had the same feeling. Thanks

Exactly. I agree with you. I too had the same feeling. Thanks

Back when I was still offering About Us pages, I got an order from a seller who was also offering them; she needed this one for her own side business, but was feeling stuck (writer’s block), so she asked for help.

She was really nice, and the experience was great.

She didn’t have 0 reviews, though; she had plenty.

So this is the Right Answer.

So new sellers don’t have idea to write or send a proper and appealing Buyer Requests to get orders. So they post request matching their services to get response from Experience sellers. They copy their buyer request to apply for the job.

That’s it.

Jeekay

I agree. You are absolutely correct Jeekay. Because most of them aren’t professional and hardly had details in their offer. When you inbox them just to clarify whether anyone is being hired, it’s already done and the strange part is, it’s happening within a few minutes. it is exceptional, If the buyer has an urgent need, otherwise it is fishy to me. Thanks.

Back when I was still offering About Us pages, I got an order from a seller who was also offering them; she needed this one for her own side business, but was feeling stuck (writer’s block), so she asked for help.

She was really nice, and the experience was great.

She didn’t have 0 reviews, though; she had plenty.

Yea. That’s genuine.

Archived