Seller recently asked, "need your GoDaddy login so i connect the domain name with hosting."

alexjl3

I own the domain from GoDaddy. No hosting.

Seller is hosting. Asked the for GoDaddy login. Obviously I will not do that. I called GoDaddy. The lady said “all they need is the value that needs needs to be edited on the DNS.” She advised NEVER to share my login. Unsure why a seller would even asked.

Anyone else ran into this issue before? Unsure if this is a reportable issue or common practice via Fiverr. Seller has many 5 stars ratings (only reason I am even asking).

I own the domain from GoDaddy. No hosting.

Seller is hosting. Asked the for GoDaddy login. Obviously I will not do that. I called GoDaddy. The lady said “all they need is the value that needs needs to be edited on the DNS.” She advised NEVER to share my login. Unsure why a seller would even asked.

Anyone else ran into this issue before? Unsure if this is a reportable issue or common practice via Fiverr. Seller has many 5 stars ratings (only reason I am even asking).

Nope, you don’t need to share your logins to the domain provider. all you have to do is add nameservers from the hosting into the domain provider (GoDaddy). Its a very easy process which doesn’t require any technical knowledge.

Unsure if this is a reportable issue

I don’t think so, seller might be thinking like it would be easy to do that too by himself so he doesn’t need to bother you on that. Rated sellers usually don’t do such scammy things, since you can do it yourself, just ask the nameservers from the seller and add it by yourself.

Nope, you don’t need to share your logins to the domain provider. all you have to do is add nameservers from the hosting into the domain provider (GoDaddy). Its a very easy process which doesn’t require any technical knowledge.

Unsure if this is a reportable issue

I don’t think so, seller might be thinking like it would be easy to do that too by himself so he doesn’t need to bother you on that. Rated sellers usually don’t do such scammy things, since you can do it yourself, just ask the nameservers from the seller and add it by yourself.

add nameservers from the hosting into the domain provider (GoDaddy)

Thanks. Anytime anyone asks for a password is always a red flag for me.

Archived