Asking for Reviews

Hello all,

I’ve recently completed three orders, all delivered early, responded quickly and when sending delivery have specifically told buyer to not hesitate to contact me for revisions or anything else.

In one case the buyer paid, work was delivered and he has not logged in for days - bit weird. He asked For this job to be done within 12 hours which I did.

On another the buyer said they are very happy with product but has not left a review.

On another the guy accepted delivery, has been online but again has not reviewed.

How do you approach a customer to ask for a review? Does there lack of review mean they are not happy, can’t be bothered or something else maybe? Obviously if they are not happy I don’t want to encourage a negative view, but I’ve always been approachable, polite and said I will work until they are happy.
Would be interested to hear anyone’s view ?

Many thanks
Neill

Neil,

@vickiespencer has specifically created a topic for this:

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. image.png.8b769d6874d5bb5e4213f37a3556e70d.png This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buye…

Stop thinking of reviews as something you deserve and you’ll be fine. The buyer paid you for a service, you delivered, and got what you deserved…payment.

Of course, but don’t reviews better position your services and more positive you have more likely new customers will place orders no ?

Of course, but don’t reviews better position your services and more positive you have more likely new customers will place orders no ?

They do to a certain extent (both public and private reviews), but asking for a review is NOT allowed and will get your account a warning or even a potential ban. So I suggest you just focus generally in doing good work. Read the thread above regarding what Customer Support said about asking for reviews.

Reviews will definitely help potential clients make up their minds. But you are not entitled to a review, you are not owed one in return for your service. If you get one, great! There are many reasons a person may choose to not leave a review. Maybe they are busy, maybe they hate writing them, maybe they don’t want to give you a 2-star rating, maybe they don’t want to leave a paper trail.

Hello all,

I’ve recently completed three orders, all delivered early, responded quickly and when sending delivery have specifically told buyer to not hesitate to contact me for revisions or anything else.

In one case the buyer paid, work was delivered and he has not logged in for days - bit weird. He asked For this job to be done within 12 hours which I did.

On another the buyer said they are very happy with product but has not left a review.

On another the guy accepted delivery, has been online but again has not reviewed.

How do you approach a customer to ask for a review? Does there lack of review mean they are not happy, can’t be bothered or something else maybe? Obviously if they are not happy I don’t want to encourage a negative view, but I’ve always been approachable, polite and said I will work until they are happy.

Would be interested to hear anyone’s view ?

Many thanks

Neill

Buyers can download the work without completing the order. Many buyers do not want to leave a paper trail as @j6nyc6 noted.

Obviously if they are not happy I don’t want to encourage a negative view,

The buyer also has the opportunity to leave a secret review, which I think carries even more weight than the public review because the buyer can be honest in it. Most buyers are too nice to give a poor public review. And you do not want to get a buyer upset by asking for a review and then getting a poor secret review.

Neil,

@vickiespencer has specifically created a topic for this:

To put the issue of asking/hinting for reviews to rest. sleeping_bed I wrote to CS to ask if we are allowed to ask for nonspecific reviews. I told them that it was a source of controversy on the Forum and that we would appreciate knowing the truth of the matter and that I planned to post the answer here. Here is the email I received. [image.png] This link is to the article on feedback that Amy mentions. https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/feedback Note Amy said it should be of the buye…

Thank you for your contribution, the attached document is highly enlightening. It gives insight into reviews on both sides (buyer & seller).

Archived