Can you ask a buyer/seller about a seller he just completed a job with?

mak353

Strange question but have to ask -
I am a little skeptical about a buyer who has good reviews, so was wondering if i could contact his most recently reviewed customer about his experience with him.
Is that like possible and doesnt break terms and condition?

Guest ligiacarvalho

This is from Fiverr Community Standards 👇

Spam

We define spam on Fiverr as a messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring, and disruptive to the experience of recipients. Spam can take many forms ranging from unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Fiverr.

Please respect our members’ privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

Do not:

• Contact our users with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything unrelated to their Gigs or orders.
  • Send multiple unsolicited or deceptive messages.
  • Abuse our communication tools to distribute mass messages.

It really comes down to how you present yourself when asking.
Some freelancers enjoy networking with other professionals and helping out with answering questions, while some don’t.

Yes, if they are the latter, they could report you and it is against Fiverr’s policy.
I believe this policy has strict standards because Fiverr is a global community with a lot of users, and so many would try abusing it without such strict standards.
However, I have reached out to other users on Fiverr with no problems.

Again, I think it comes down to how you approach the individual with your question.
Most people are happy to help.

Another think to consider is that your question could affect their stats, if they fail to respond in a timely manner.
This is another reason why some don’t like unsolicited messages.
Personally, I don’t mind.

Some freelancers enjoy networking with other professionals and helping out with answering questions, while some don’t.

Yes, if they are the latter, they could report you and it is against Fiverr’s policy.

I believe this policy has strict standards because Fiverr is a global community with a lot of users, and so many would try abusing it without such strict standards.

Again, I think it comes down to how you approach the individual with your question.

Another think to consider is that your question could affect their stats, if they fail to respond in a timely manner.

NO!!!

This person cannot just message someone else out of the blue unless they want their message marked as spam.

You may want to read the forum a bit longer or the TOS. You are way out in left field with your ‘advice’ you have given in the forums.

GG

Here a take from personal experience. Please don’t. You can’t even contact buyers who are only buyers and not sellers too, for a reason.
I’ve had someone message me about a gig/seller I bought from and reviewed, and I didn’t like it a bit. It might make people stop leaving reviews at all, or even make them stop buying.

Oh, I read that wrong, sorry. But it comes down to the same thing, apart from the ToS issue (editing to add that apart from the spam issue there is the IMO bigger privacy issue!) and potentially getting a warning, please don’t, even if some sellers won’t mind, it would make many feel awkward and uncomfortable, and they’d be forced to reply anyway.

Being curious or cautious about a user doesn’t validate messaging up their most recent clients to inquire!

Only contact sellers if you have questions in relation to possibly making a purchase with them, and NOT for any other reason.

I don’t care how kind, considerate, and convincing a person is in messaging if they don’t have any intentions of placing an order and are instead curious of someone I worked for. Straight to “Report” city!

Being curious or cautious about a user doesn’t validate messaging up their most recent clients to inquire!

Only contact sellers if you have questions in relation to possibly making a purchase with them, and NOT for any other reason.

I don’t care how kind, considerate, and convincing a person is in messaging if they don’t have any intentions of placing an order and are instead curious of someone I worked for. Straight to “Report” city!

Blockquote Being curious or cautious about a user doesn’t validate messaging up their most recent clients to inquire!

hi … i am new to this forum. just want to hear your opinion. that is, your choice is not to consult a client if you are not sure that he will buy something from you … right?

Blockquote Being curious or cautious about a user doesn’t validate messaging up their most recent clients to inquire!

hi … i am new to this forum. just want to hear your opinion. that is, your choice is not to consult a client if you are not sure that he will buy something from you … right?

Sellers cannot initiate conversations with buyers, so that’s not really something to concern about.

Sellers can initiate conversations with buyers who also happen to be sellers, but as I mentioned, don’t do it unless if you are interested in buying from them, not selling to them.

Usually it’s easy to guess if you’re being contacted by a spammer (or, to put it nicely a ‘less experienced seller’ because their messages follow a certain pattern. It tends to go

hi

how can I get order

you have lots of orders, I can help

so it’s somewhat easy to know what’s going on. The moment I see either of the latter two sentences, I click on the ‘report’ button (but I do wait until I’m 100% sure I’m not being contacted by a customer!

Blockquote Only contact sellers if you have questions in relation to possibly making a purchase with them, and NOT for any other reason.

I don’t care how kind, considerate, employee monitoring and convincing a person is in messaging if they don’t have any intentions of placing an order and are instead curious of someone I worked for. Straight to “Report” city!i am new to this forum. just want to hear your opinion. that is, your choice is not to consult a client if you are not sure that he will buy something from you … right?

so it’s somewhat easy to know what’s going on. The moment I see either of the latter two sentences, I click on the ‘report’ button (but I do wait until I’m 100% sure I’m not being contacted by a customer!

Archived