Seller did not deliver job but marked it complete

Hi. I ordered a job for Pinterest marketing. The seller told me that to get started I had to find 200 pictures. I kept extending the time because I need to get more pictures.

Last week the buyer marked the order complete and has my money and won’t give it back. They literally did nothing on my order. They said if they refund the money it will look bad on their seller account.

I don’t want to be mean but why would they close an order that they did no work on? They are begging me not ask for a refund because it will mess up their account. Is this true?

And if it is, I really don’t think the blame is on me. The ordered should not been marked complete.

• Like 23
  • Sad 1

Report the seller and open a dispute with Customer Support. Delivering absolutely nothing is a violation of Fiverr Terms of Service.

It doesn’t matter if “it will look bad on their seller account” or will “mess up their account.” You’ve paid them to provide an item or service and they have not delivered anything.

Orders automatically are marked complete after 72 hours time from delivery if the buyer does not dispute the order. Even if the order is “completed,” you can still dispute it with Customer Support, and should in this particular case.

• Like 22

Hello! I am a seller and this sounds fishy. Why would they mark or click deliver work if there was no work delivered? If you still needed time, they could of asked for more delivery time or simply cancelled the order. And what about the order’s requirements to start the initial count down?

Something just doesn’t add up here. I will definitely contact customer support!

• Like 17

Just report the guy already.

He might counter and claim you never gave him all the required images to properly complete the order, but that still doesn’t excuse sending an empty delivery.

-And once again, sellers do not mark an order as complete. Either Fiverr automatically does so after 72 hours after delivery has elapsed, or the buyer marks it as complete.

• Like 15

This sounds to me like a seller who either doesn’t know that orders can be extended or has a false idea about extensions affecting accounts.

I don’t work for Fiverr so I don’t know if extending delivery times affects ranks and account status. All I can say is that I have never had a problem when extending delivery time.

To that effect, if they do know about time extension and they just don’t want to use it, then they should have canceled, no ifs, and, or buts as @enunciator articulated.

If you want to try and work it out with the seller, then you can tell them to place a time extension by going into the Resolution Center. Else, contact customer support and open up a dispute.

• Like 14

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also having this issue, the I bought 3 gigs with a seller, none were delivered, the support team admitted this and have offered me $250 in credit when the initial order is for $840, totally unacceptable, 

fiverr are completely unreasonable when it comes to issues like this an expect me to just give them $600+ for nothing, 

I completely understand why the sellers do this, they don’t get in any trouble at all and get to keep the money 

Although I’m still continually raising support tickets I don’t expect a reasonable outcome as they simply do not care. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, boatsy said:

I am also having this issue, the I bought 3 gigs with a seller, none were delivered, the support team admitted this and have offered me $250 in credit when the initial order is for $840, totally unacceptable, 

Why did they only offer you $250?

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Why did they only offer you $250?

I assume the last order was the one that was marked as delivered without any file, so they offered credit for that. I can only assume the other orders were completed properly, hence the reason they only refunded him this last order. That would make the most sense.

• Like 11

I was conned by the seller, he told me it had to be done in three seperate gigs and that I had to accept each one individually to have the site delivered, the credit they offered was for the last gig only, this gig was $630.00, fiverr have offered $250 in a credit because it is now past the 14 day period, I contacted support before than and was told to resolve the issue with the seller, I’m assuming fiverr were buying time to support the seller, I have responded and said I am not happy with the credit and would like my order delivered or a refund and it’s been 5 days and no responses, I open a new ticket and they just merge it with my other and don’t respond. Is this a common fiverr issue ? 

• Like 10

Just to clarify I was having a website built, and the seller will not transfer me the website, his gig does not say that it will not be transferred to you once completed, I am really not sure what to do, I have asked for an address to send a letter of demand as per legal guidance although fiverr are not responding so I am unable to even get that 

• Like 10

• 1 month later...