Buyer problem - Voice over

nateb99

Hi. How should I best deal with this please?

The buyer is not happy with the V.O I gave - a Liam Neeson Impersonation.
They have said they want it more natural? Or like George Clooney?!!!

Here is their response:

"In your gig, I listen that you are can speak in any celebrity VO. That’s why i choose your voice. However, if this is what you can deliver, it is useless for us, we are not going to use it, as it is totally not affecting our needs.

For you to get a better idea of where it should go please refer to the following link:
YouTube clip with video animation no voice

Also based on my experience (and I order really many VOs on Fiverr) voice-over artists usually ask me to give them detailed instruction on how I want the VO to be and try their best to deliver it. I definitely understand that the gig is for a special type of VO and maybe it is my mistake that I wasn’t careful, however, I don’t think it is a big problem to read the VO in a bit different way just to meet to our requirements, especially when I give you all the details. "

I do not state I can speak in any celebrity voice.
Advice welcome please .

I assume he requested a revision and you delivered a new take and that was the message after it?

What usually happens when a client doesn’t like and/or doesn’t end up using your VO is they still pay the session fee and no rights, but that’s when we’re talking ads. On small projects like these, it really is up to you and how you want to treat the client.

I could make a point for still charging him since the work has been done, and he either mis-explained or mis-booked the talent, which is not your fault. He clearly misread the gig title (and somehow skipped through the gig video? 😅), and purchased it thinking it was something else.

At the same time, and from a business standpoint, I also could make a point for just cancelling the order and giving his money back in order to keep the client as happy as possible. One never knows if he might want to come back for something else.

Good luck!

I assume he requested a revision and you delivered a new take and that was the message after it?

What usually happens when a client doesn’t like and/or doesn’t end up using your VO is they still pay the session fee and no rights, but that’s when we’re talking ads. On small projects like these, it really is up to you and how you want to treat the client.

I could make a point for still charging him since the work has been done, and he either mis-explained or mis-booked the talent, which is not your fault. He clearly misread the gig title (and somehow skipped through the gig video? 😅), and purchased it thinking it was something else.

At the same time, and from a business standpoint, I also could make a point for just cancelling the order and giving his money back in order to keep the client as happy as possible. One never knows if he might want to come back for something else.

Good luck!

Thanks. I might just cancel to save the headache.

@nateb99 Hello, greetings

According to Fiverr customer support, we can not force any buyer to accept delivery without satisfaction.

So, in this situation, try to deliver the existing product than what your buyer demand from you.

Or if you can not do it, then you can simply refund him,

Best regards,

Hi. How should I best deal with this please?

The buyer is not happy with the V.O I gave - a Liam Neeson Impersonation.

They have said they want it more natural? Or like George Clooney?!!!

Here is their response:

"In your gig, I listen that you are can speak in any celebrity VO. That’s why i choose your voice. However, if this is what you can deliver, it is useless for us, we are not going to use it, as it is totally not affecting our needs.

For you to get a better idea of where it should go please refer to the following link:

Also based on my experience (and I order really many VOs on Fiverr) voice-over artists usually ask me to give them detailed instruction on how I want the VO to be and try their best to deliver it. I definitely understand that the gig is for a special type of VO and maybe it is my mistake that I wasn’t careful, however, I don’t think it is a big problem to read the VO in a bit different way just to meet to our requirements, especially when I give you all the details. "

Advice welcome please .

Liam Neeson Impersonation.

and

Or like George Clooney?!!!

These two people come from completely different countries and have totally different ways of speaking! WTH? 😆

I listen that you are can speak

Hmmm. Sounds like a reseller - not that that is against the rules here - but, they are clearly from a country that has no idea how someone from the U.S. speaks and someone from Europe. (Is Neeson Irish or English? I cannot remember?)

Gee, thanks for the help there!

Point this out to them and then see if you can get CS to cancel for you.

Seems someone got your profile mixed up with someone else’s who does do celebrity imitation.

GG

Liam Neeson Impersonation.

and

Or like George Clooney?!!!

These two people come from completely different countries and have totally different ways of speaking! WTH? 😆

I listen that you are can speak

Hmmm. Sounds like a reseller - not that that is against the rules here - but, they are clearly from a country that has no idea how someone from the U.S. speaks and someone from Europe. (Is Neeson Irish or English? I cannot remember?)

Gee, thanks for the help there!

Point this out to them and then see if you can get CS to cancel for you.

Seems someone got your profile mixed up with someone else’s who does do celebrity imitation.

GG

Thanks @genuineguidance

It just stressed me out, so I cancelled.

Thanks for understanding!

Archived