Does rated order ratio affects gig ranking?

isurusudeep

Hello, I want to know your experiences/ ideas regarding the following please 😃

I’ve been working on Fiverr for more than two years and in last year i met a client and he always gives me orders. He is super happy about my work but he never leaves feedback, I asked him if he forgot to review/rate the order but he never rates any orders after marking orders as completed. In total, i have done 800+ orders and i have only four 4star reviews… all others are 5star reviews… from all these 800+ orders more than 350+ orders are from the specific client I mentioned above. Since he never leaves feedback my rated orders ratio has gone down to 50%.

and since last year I don’t get any new orders and impressions and clicks and all have gone to zero… Before this happens I had more than 12K clicks per gig… I’m curious if this happened because of my rated order ratio? Does the rated order ratio affect gig ranking?

Capture.JPG.233731d22b9a00294cf26b5ccb32341e.JPG

Truth be told, I think 5r should take the reviews out of the metrics. You have no control over who rates and can’t ask, therefore should not be included.

BTW, I stop reviewing as well, due to privacy issues. Besides, reading 300 reviews of “Good work” does nothing to provide buyer’s confidence in seller’s abilities.

Truth be told, I think 5r should take the reviews out of the metrics. You have no control over who rates and can’t ask, therefore should not be included.

BTW, I stop reviewing as well, due to privacy issues. Besides, reading 300 reviews of “Good work” does nothing to provide buyer’s confidence in seller’s abilities.

I think 5r should take the reviews out of the metrics.

I think the public reviews are counting less and less in the metrics. Because as one seller said, I think it was @eoinfinnegan or @frank_d, when everyone has all 5 stars, no one has 5 stars because the reviews become meaningless.

I think what may be counting more are the ‘secret reviews’ that buyers get to leave. @gina_riley2, do you get to leave ‘secret’ reviews when you do not leave a public review?

I still leave public reviews, and I do get the ‘secret’ review option.

I think 5r should take the reviews out of the metrics.

I think the public reviews are counting less and less in the metrics. Because as one seller said, I think it was @eoinfinnegan or @frank_d, when everyone has all 5 stars, no one has 5 stars because the reviews become meaningless.

I think what may be counting more are the ‘secret reviews’ that buyers get to leave. @gina_riley2, do you get to leave ‘secret’ reviews when you do not leave a public review?

I still leave public reviews, and I do get the ‘secret’ review option.

That was me @vickiespencer making that claim.

I strongly believe that a large percentage of sellers complaining about “ranking” is because of that “simple” change in weight between those two factors.

That was me @vickiespencer making that claim.

I strongly believe that a large percentage of sellers complaining about “ranking” is because of that “simple” change in weight between those two factors.

Which means sellers should worry less about their public reviews and more about providing top quality work and customer service. Then their star reviews will take care of themselves.

Which means sellers should worry less about their public reviews and more about providing top quality work and customer service. Then their star reviews will take care of themselves.

People need to understand that Fiverr is no longer looking for “who gets the job done”.

They are now actively trying to reshape the marketplace by looking for sellers who offer a great customer experience.

It’s that simple.

That’s what has changed.

Talented designer but not polite? See ya.

Amazing developer but never give updates? Too bad.

Extraordinary writer but are not a fan of delivering on time? Sucks to be you!

So yes, essentially if sellers start realizing that and try to improve upon the actual experience they offer, the reviews will take care if themselves as their clients will be delighted.

This is coming from someone who is most definitely NOT the best animator on the platform.

I’ve seen my “competition”, trust me, I know where I stand.

And yet I keep getting orders and my gigs perform rather well (aside from the occasional lull)

Hello, I want to know your experiences/ ideas regarding the following please 😃

I’ve been working on Fiverr for more than two years and in last year i met a client and he always gives me orders. He is super happy about my work but he never leaves feedback, I asked him if he forgot to review/rate the order but he never rates any orders after marking orders as completed. In total, i have done 800+ orders and i have only four 4star reviews… all others are 5star reviews… from all these 800+ orders more than 350+ orders are from the specific client I mentioned above. Since he never leaves feedback my rated orders ratio has gone down to 50%.

and since last year I don’t get any new orders and impressions and clicks and all have gone to zero… Before this happens I had more than 12K clicks per gig… I’m curious if this happened because of my rated order ratio? Does the rated order ratio affect gig ranking?

Capture

So experts answered your question !

Now, you did this

I asked him if he forgot to review/rate the order

Never talk about reviews with buyer…that may bring you a trouble !

its against fiverr TOS to ask for reviews or sometime you may get warning just for mentioning reviews !

People need to understand that Fiverr is no longer looking for “who gets the job done”.

They are now actively trying to reshape the marketplace by looking for sellers who offer a great customer experience.

It’s that simple.

That’s what has changed.

Talented designer but not polite? See ya.

Amazing developer but never give updates? Too bad.

Extraordinary writer but are not a fan of delivering on time? Sucks to be you!

So yes, essentially if sellers start realizing that and try to improve upon the actual experience they offer, the reviews will take care if themselves as their clients will be delighted.

This is coming from someone who is most definitely NOT the best animator on the platform.

I’ve seen my “competition”, trust me, I know where I stand.

And yet I keep getting orders and my gigs perform rather well (aside from the occasional lull)

Hi Frank,

I definitely agree with your perspective on the changing marketplace especially Fiverr’s focus on the customer experience and the importance of the buyer journey however there does seem to be a disconnect on the marketplace and does not reflect this accurately.

There are huge amount of sellers ranking on page one (within my industry) that go against this notion.

For example,

We agree that 5 star reviews are not the only metric that are tracked and behaviour like replying on time, delivering high quality work, exceptional customer support and creating a perfect buyer experience are so important yet I ask the question…

“why are there gigs on page one with low ratings”

I know sellers are not perfect yet there are clear patterns of low quality work and or customer support on some gigs that have a page one spot.

I like to think I offer the complete buyer journey and that my profile reflects this both publicly and behind the scenes. Not only pubic feedback but repeat business (for larger ticket sales) substantial tips and generally super happy customers.

However…

There are active gigs on page one that have many low/1 star reviews, so why would Fiverr rank these as being quality providers? I do not see those gigs in the new direction Fiverr is heading as it shows a pattern that this seller is not at the top of their game.

People may argue that you cannot control reviews but as you mentioned they take care of themselves with high quality work, customer service (especially during any issues) and your skillsets as a seller. Often a history of negative reviews speaks volumes about the seller or their craft.

My metrics have recently gone down yet my customer experience has improved (on an already high standing) we can only assume customers are happy but when you received substantial tips, direct positive feedback and 5 stars reviews on 100% of your orders, i do scratch my head and think, why did i go from page one to nowhere on that keyword search…

Why actively reduce the exposure of a gig that aligns with this vision and promote gigs that go against this… this is not just my opinion but multiple buyers have expressed this via feedback about these gigs in question.

I do feel that like the tide, page one sellers come in and go back out to sea and ultimately the reshuffle hopefully aligns buyers with quality sellers.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Frank,

I definitely agree with your perspective on the changing marketplace especially Fiverr’s focus on the customer experience and the importance of the buyer journey however there does seem to be a disconnect on the marketplace and does not reflect this accurately.

There are huge amount of sellers ranking on page one (within my industry) that go against this notion.

For example,

We agree that 5 star reviews are not the only metric that are tracked and behaviour like replying on time, delivering high quality work, exceptional customer support and creating a perfect buyer experience are so important yet I ask the question…

“why are there gigs on page one with low ratings”

I know sellers are not perfect yet there are clear patterns of low quality work and or customer support on some gigs that have a page one spot.

I like to think I offer the complete buyer journey and that my profile reflects this both publicly and behind the scenes. Not only pubic feedback but repeat business (for larger ticket sales) substantial tips and generally super happy customers.

However…

There are active gigs on page one that have many low/1 star reviews, so why would Fiverr rank these as being quality providers? I do not see those gigs in the new direction Fiverr is heading as it shows a pattern that this seller is not at the top of their game.

People may argue that you cannot control reviews but as you mentioned they take care of themselves with high quality work, customer service (especially during any issues) and your skillsets as a seller. Often a history of negative reviews speaks volumes about the seller or their craft.

My metrics have recently gone down yet my customer experience has improved (on an already high standing) we can only assume customers are happy but when you received substantial tips, direct positive feedback and 5 stars reviews on 100% of your orders, i do scratch my head and think, why did i go from page one to nowhere on that keyword search…

Why actively reduce the exposure of a gig that aligns with this vision and promote gigs that go against this… this is not just my opinion but multiple buyers have expressed this via feedback about these gigs in question.

I do feel that like the tide, page one sellers come in and go back out to sea and ultimately the reshuffle hopefully aligns buyers with quality sellers.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey Andrew thank you for taking the time to write this.

Ok so let’s assume that results are dynamic.

Let’s also assume that I am correct when I say that each user gets served a different set of results, based on factors that are -for the most part- unknown.

So when you say “I see users with X reviews on the front page” we are not sure that’s what your buyers see when they search for your skillset.

Have you purchased a dropshipping service on Fiverr? If not, that one simple fact right there, means you are not getting Fiverr’s “optimal” results.

Let’s also look at pricing. Your gigs are priced at $600. (or starting at, doesn’t matter for now)

So when someone with a track record of 2 purchases totaling $10 searches for your skills, they may, or may not get your gig on the very top of the page.

Fiverr wants a great match, and it monitors buyer behavior heavily.

Maybe when reviewing your “competition” you should try and define it in alignment with how Fiverr’s algorithm sees each gig. (performance, price, purchase probability)

And finally, you mention your metrics going down.

Not sure which metric specifically, but if any one of the main three goes down, Fiverr sees you as an underperformer, no matter how pleased your current buyers are.

(especially if it’s the order completion one)

Let’s also assume that I am correct when I say that each user gets served a different set of results, based on factors that are -for the most part- unknown.

So when you say “I see users with X reviews on the front page” we are not sure that’s what your buyers see when they search for your skillset.

Have you purchased a dropshipping service on Fiverr? If not, that one simple fact right there, means you are not getting Fiverr’s “optimal” results.

Let’s also look at pricing. Your gigs are priced at $600. (or starting at, doesn’t matter for now)

So when someone with a track record of 2 purchases totaling $10 searches for your skills, they may, or may not get your gig on the very top of the page.

Maybe when reviewing your “competition” you should try and define it in alignment with how Fiverr’s algorithm sees each gig. (performance, price, purchase probability)

Not sure which metric specifically, but if any one of the main three goes down, Fiverr sees you as an underperformer, no matter how pleased your current buyers are.

Hey Frank,

My pleasure and thank you for getting back to me.

I do agree, however i often feel that this is not entirely reflective of how the platform actually works. For example I just logged out, used a different device and via a phone network (different IP) and searched the keyword of my industry and the search yields pretty much the same results. Also new buyers have zero data that is tracked so how can Fiverr determine any buyer behaviour without any history. Repeat buyers i can understand that these might reach my gig in searches but in my industry a lot of customers are new buyers, buy once instead of repeat jobs.

Good point but again, if we relate back to the new buyer idea does this not fall short? Also if we attribute my impressions and clicks falling with my own search results, which show me not on the page one then that is where i struggle to connect the dots. Again great point on the purchase history but surely quality is more important than price, for example why is a cheaper poor seller being shown very a cheaper high quality seller…?

Again i agree and i do get matched with larger clients as my average order value is far greater than my starting price and thus i do have larger more corporate types of customers.

So this is the area I cannot get my head around, without being cocky or arrogant about my gig / services but the results do not match the performance recently.

For example, over the last month to this month.

Promoted to TRS

Rated orders % increased

Active order revenue increased

Highest tip last month and nearly at that already this month

Orders on other gigs increased

Last 13 orders in a row rated 5 stars

Now I am of the same opinion of you that these metrics do not equate to strong performance or happy customers, however it is not exactly negative and unless i am missing something those other gigs i mentioned on page one cannot be striving for the performance if they are receiving negative public feedback and i ask the question what are those customers leaving on the private feedback. Even discussing my gig with my success manager, the behind the scenes stats had increased (which already sat at a very high standing).

If this was Fiverr 2.0 (instead of your Fiverr 3.0 thread, which i really enjoyed) then i would understand they want gigs that can churn out 50 customers regardless of the customer experience where as i feel that my gig/services play the tune to 3.0 yet the results are not consistent. I am like many other analysing this on a weekly basis vs the long view (which does always seem to pan out) and i am trying my hardest to remove my own bias and analyse the gig situation from a natural stand point.

I just saw another gig which did make me chuckle…the gig featured a “rising talent badge” on page one with a considerable amounts of a spelling mistakes / missing words etc. There is one single review from himself (same picture and username with an additional digit so obviously the same person has made an account to review themselves). So regardless of the way the algorithm may work i question how that provides quality to buyers regardless of their budget, buying history etc. I do understand people need a chance but to give accounts a 1st page feature that are clearly not capable of the most simple things is damaging to Fiverr especially with those badges that endorse these sellers as a “talent”.

Cheers,

Andrew

Frank, do u know how long does it take for fiverr to like restart your stats? my gig dissapire form the 1st page ( cant even find it on the last one ) My stats were like less then 90% 2 months ago but since this time i manage to repair them adn now i got 99 and 98% but still cant find myself on the 1st page

Archived