Just got a notification- "Want to keep your Gigs active? You have 30 days left to update your India tax info."

ruprekha

1157696752_Fiverr_yashwantgehlot_Billing-Brave06-05-202112_49_32(2).png.46bb256ec50868d3fe625aabe55dcb18.png

I had Clicked on “Exempt” as many suggested, Yesterday I had an order of $10 normally I get $8 on complete, this time I got $7.5 only, and this notification came on the earnings as 5% deducted, never happened this before like this before filling that form, can anyone help me, someone also says to select export, I have no Idea

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiverr _ yashwantgehlot _ Billing - Brave 06-05-2021 12_49_32 (2)

I had Clicked on “Exempt” as many suggested, Yesterday I had an order of $10 normally I get $8 on complete, this time I got $7.5 only, and this notification came on the earnings as 5% deducted, never happened this before like this before filling that form, can anyone help me, someone also says to select export, I have no Idea

Totally confused. Is anybody here who can clear the confusion?

oh! It’s really confusing now…

Please @Fiverr help us to solve this confusions

Did you update PAN card?Also did you check earnings page to reconfirm?

Hi guys,

In my case, I make withdrawals to my wife account (through paypal) so that we are taxed less.

Do i need to fill my wife’s details in Billing information or mine?

Kindly help.

since now TDS will be debited its better to use original account for withdrawl

yes of course since you will be updating your PAN number.

@crowdmedia - but I dont have any PAN question, nor do I have how will my service will be taxed. Is the questionnaire different from person to person

image.thumb.png.518112be0d7522e91ae3c273b9ce380f.png
image628×873 23 KB

No, the questions are the same for everyone but once you start filling the form, more questions will appear

Thanks for the clarification.

Did you or anyone got the answer for this question: "How is your service taxed?” - Exempt or Taxable or anything else.

Did you update PAN card?Also did you check earnings page to reconfirm?

Yes, First, I got notification of filling that form, then I filled my Pan Details, and I have no GST as my earnings are below 50,000INR per month, Govt. of india allows no tax for income below 5,00,000INR and then I say the drop down of “How is your service taxed”, so I hovered on “?” icon it said, EXEMPT for no tds and no gst something, still I was’nt sure, so I created new browser tab and searched and go t to this topic and saw, that they also guided for EXEMPT so I went back selected it, filled rest details and saved.

Next day I got a small order for $10 and I delivered and then in the clearing it showed $7.5 pending for clearance, and the above screenshot of me is what it shows “TDS under 194-O: $0.50 – Per India tax regulations, this is a 1% or 5% deducted at source(TDS)”

That is the whole chronology, Please help, Thank you.

Yes, First, I got notification of filling that form, then I filled my Pan Details, and I have no GST as my earnings are below 50,000INR per month, Govt. of india allows no tax for income below 5,00,000INR and then I say the drop down of “How is your service taxed”, so I hovered on “?” icon it said, EXEMPT for no tds and no gst something, still I was’nt sure, so I created new browser tab and searched and go t to this topic and saw, that they also guided for EXEMPT so I went back selected it, filled rest details and saved.

Next day I got a small order for $10 and I delivered and then in the clearing it showed $7.5 pending for clearance, and the above screenshot of me is what it shows “TDS under 194-O: $0.50 – Per India tax regulations, this is a 1% or 5% deducted at source(TDS)”

That is the whole chronology, Please help, Thank you.

The same thing recntly Happend with me. I got an order og 15$ and then I completed it and got 11.85$ which acctually should be 12$. I dont know why this things happening

Please read this if you are confused about this whole thing. I have good knowledge of Tax Laws so here are my views.

When updating the tax info you are dealing with two tax laws.

1. GST
  2. Income Tax

Let’s talk about the GST first.

As GST law you do not need to get registered or pay GST if your total receipts in the year are less than 20 Lacs.

And if you are providing services out of India only then its export of service, which is a zero rated service which means there is 0% tax on exports. And when you are exporting exclusively (means you are not providing service to Indian Clients in any manner) then you do not need to get registered for GST even if the revenue is above 20 Lacs.

So I think for GST taxability, we should select Exempt option as it is a zero rated supply of service. Please check with your tax advisor for the same.

Now come to Income Tax

For Income Tax the TDS will be done in any case under section 194O, You can claim back this Amount when you are filing you are income tax returns. This amount will show on your 26AS statement.

Just like bank deducts TDS when you make FDs with them. Fiverr will deduct this amount and deposit to the government.

Now the tricky part is if you do not update your PAN then the rate will be 5% and you won’t also get credit of the same as Income Tax Dept do not know who it belongs to.

And if you update your PAN, TDS rate will be 1% and you will be able to take the credit of the same as your PAN will be supplied to Income Tax Dept with your TDS amount.

I hope this will help all the INDIAN Sellers here.

Cheers

Disclaimer: These are views and opinion based on the tax literature I studied. Please take your own decisions based on your own conscience and study. If needed please take help of a Tax Professional.

Have you entered your PAN Number in the field?

Please read this if you are confused about this whole thing. I have good knowledge of Tax Laws so here are my views.

When updating the tax info you are dealing with two tax laws.

1. GST
  2. Income Tax

Let’s talk about the GST first.

As GST law you do not need to get registered or pay GST if your total receipts in the year are less than 20 Lacs.

And if you are providing services out of India only then its export of service, which is a zero rated service which means there is 0% tax on exports. And when you are exporting exclusively (means you are not providing service to Indian Clients in any manner) then you do not need to get registered for GST even if the revenue is above 20 Lacs.

So I think for GST taxability, we should select Exempt option as it is a zero rated supply of service. Please check with your tax advisor for the same.

Now come to Income Tax

For Income Tax the TDS will be done in any case under section 194O, You can claim back this Amount when you are filing you are income tax returns. This amount will show on your 26AS statement.

Just like bank deducts TDS when you make FDs with them. Fiverr will deduct this amount and deposit to the government.

Now the tricky part is if you do not update your PAN then the rate will be 5% and you won’t also get credit of the same as Income Tax Dept do not know who it belongs to.

And if you update your PAN, TDS rate will be 1% and you will be able to take the credit of the same as your PAN will be supplied to Income Tax Dept with your TDS amount.

I hope this will help all the INDIAN Sellers here.

Cheers

Disclaimer: These are views and opinion based on the tax literature I studied. Please take your own decisions based on your own conscience and study. If needed please take help of a Tax Professional.

Its mandatory to register under GST if turnover is above 20 lakh even if one is exporting services entirely out of india.

Yes, I have entered the PAN details from the start

I’ve seen some people says they’ve chosen Reverse Charge (Including their PAN) And they’re charged just 1% of the order value. I don’t know what’s happening here. I’ve watched a lot of SO CALLED researches about this topic. Everyone suggesting their own assumption. Still I’ve no clue what to choose. I’ll wait until very last day. And For you.They didn’t said they will ask you for exempt certificate. But at some point of time, What if fiverr or Indian government ask you for exempt certificate to verify your submission about the Tax form in fiverr? (Because it’s already being said you’ve to have exempt certificate to choose it as an option) Still I’m in confused state. If you can opt out of your submission you better do it now if you’ve blindly chose that option to avoid future confusions. It’s not something we can choose by guess. We’ve to consult a proper analyst.

But At the same Time We Are Also serving Indian Clients ?

Yes right but since this platform is working as aggregator & payment is received in USD which is further convered to INR so its export of service even if indian buyer is getting getting served,may be all of them are wrong but just shared the information i have.

Its mandatory to register under GST if turnover is above 20 lakh even if one is exporting services entirely out of india.

Please refer this sections and share with CAs.

Persons not liable to registration (Section 23) : According to Section 23(1), the following persons are not liable to register** under the Act :-

√ Any person engaged exclusively in a supply that is not liable to tax or is wholly exempt from tax under the GST Act

Archived