Just got a notification- "Want to keep your Gigs active? You have 30 days left to update your India tax info."

ruprekha

Please refer this sections and share with CAs.

Persons not liable to registration (Section 23) : According to Section 23(1), the following persons are not liable to register** under the Act :-

√ Any person engaged exclusively in a supply that is not liable to tax or is wholly exempt from tax under the GST Act

Is not liable to pay tax,but registration is mandatory if services are “non exempt”

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Services offered on fiverr comes under “zero rated export” not “Exempt”

Please read carefully “that is not liable to tax or is wholly exempt from tax”.

“Not liable to tax” is also there, please support your logics with section of laws or rules.

So that people are not misled by personal opinions.

Please read carefully “that is not liable to tax or is wholly exempt from tax”.

“Not liable to tax” is also there, please support your logics with section of laws or rules.

So that people are not misled by personal opinions.

I posted after proper research and also mentioned several times that everyone should go as per their personal CA,i dnt understand why someone with 20lac and above turnover skip credit inputs when it can be transferred directly in bank account after taking LUT,anyways not a matter of debate everyone should consult their CA,i just shared after consulting with 3 top level CAs of my city.

Also forgot to mention i think you didn’t check list of services which are “not liable to tax” do check so that people are not misguided here

Hey everyone, so I contacted 3 top CAs from top 3 cities and despite that I wasn’t able to get much clarity regarding this situation. Except one dude who told me that, like everyone above said gst is applicable only if income is above 20L/year and yes your gigs does come under export if you’re providing services to foreign clients. So what he suggested to me was that,

Technically you can get registered for gst, but he said that for such low amounts it’s fine and the worst case scenario is you get finned. But no one really cares when you’re doing business at such small scale. So you might as well select no for gst and taxable for income tax since you are taxable even though you actually won’t be cut any % for tax. Exempt means for some special cases you aren’t subjected to tax which is not true for freelancers and that’s why you need an exempt certificate.

And I received the same notif as the op but I just filled the form like I mentioned and left pan card as blank since I dont have one at the moment. So I’ll just wait, create a pan card and withdraw when I get one. Hope that helps

Hey everyone, so I contacted 3 top CAs from top 3 cities and despite that I wasn’t able to get much clarity regarding this situation. Except one dude who told me that, like everyone above said gst is applicable only if income is above 20L/year and yes your gigs does come under export if you’re providing services to foreign clients. So what he suggested to me was that,

Technically you can get registered for gst, but he said that for such low amounts it’s fine and the worst case scenario is you get finned. But no one really cares when you’re doing business at such small scale. So you might as well select no for gst and taxable for income tax since you are taxable even though you actually won’t be cut any % for tax. Exempt means for some special cases you aren’t subjected to tax which is not true for freelancers and that’s why you need an exempt certificate.

And I received the same notif as the op but I just filled the form like I mentioned and left pan card as blank since I dont have one at the moment. So I’ll just wait, create a pan card and withdraw when I get one. Hope that helps

So what did you guys do. I earn a lot less than 20lakhs.

• 2 weeks later...

I will request everyone not to be confused between “Service tax” and “income tax”

Hey !

Do you have any exact idea what should we fill there ? One more thing, what about that promoted gigs GST ? We have to pay 18% gst on those orders which we receive on that gig ?

I have not filled the details yet.

My CA is confused haha.

Wait for you response.

Thank you

Hey !

Do you have any exact idea what should we fill there ? One more thing, what about that promoted gigs GST ? We have to pay 18% gst on those orders which we receive on that gig ?

My CA is confused haha.

Wait for you response.

Thank you

here’s what my CA/lawyer told me, is your service taxable ? then go for taxable, if your service is NGO or charity like then go for exempt. and i chose taxable because the service I provide is taxable. the tax deducted can be reclaimed later

Hey !

My CA is confused haha.

Wait for you response.

Thank you

Hi as per my CA since amount we are getting is in USD and we are also getting FRC certificate so this is export of service,further you can update PAN number of GST number which ever you have.

Hi as per my CA since amount we are getting is in USD and we are also getting FRC certificate so this is export of service,further you can update PAN number of GST number which ever you have.

Hey !

It’s very confusing. My CA told me the same , he said it’s export of services.

I’m still not sure what should I fill there. I’ll go with exempt if I won’t get any perfect clarification till last date . Haha

Please update crownmediaa , if you decide something.

Fiverr _ yashwantgehlot _ Billing - Brave 06-05-2021 12_49_32 (2)

I had Clicked on “Exempt” as many suggested, Yesterday I had an order of $10 normally I get $8 on complete, this time I got $7.5 only, and this notification came on the earnings as 5% deducted, never happened this before like this before filling that form, can anyone help me, someone also says to select export, I have no Idea

Those who selected Taxable and provided PAN info. are getting only 1% Tax deduction. That’s exactly what I did.

I selected Exempt and still 1% tax is getting deducted when it should not. I don’t understand what are the steps after this. How do I obtain the exempt certificate and since I’m a college student, I don’t know anything about filing for tax returns at the end of the financial year so any information about how to get the exempt certificate will be very much appreciated.

Fiver services are zero rated export and are neither “exempt” nor taxable,you can google which services are exempt from taxes in india,many are confused between income tax and service tax and are thinking that exempt means they are not paying any income tax,1% is TDS which can be claimed back while filing income tax,this is my personal opinion after discussion with my CA and years of experience in business,i will request everyone to follow as per instructions from CA.

Those who selected Taxable and provided PAN info. are getting only 1% Tax deduction. That’s exactly what I did.

1% is deductible on selecting any option and it can be claimed back.If GST number is updated fiverr will deduct 1% TDS as well as 1% TCS on GST.

Archived