Some youtuber just used my gig image in his video without any attribute

joydebroy20

Welcome to the unregulated, difficult to police, media known as the internet.

You could politely contact the YouTuber and request either they remove it or that they give you a credit of some kind.

If that doesn’t work, I would just post a comment in the comments section of the video stating (nicely) that at (time stamp) your image appears. I would also use the comment as an opportunity to post your Fiverr Gig URL.

You never know, the YouTuber may end up bringing you new business by “borrowing” your image.

It’s entirely up to how you react to it.

For me, personally, I would see it as an opportunity to promote my services.

Welcome to the unregulated, difficult to police, media known as the internet.

You could politely contact the YouTuber and request either they remove it or that they give you a credit of some kind.

If that doesn’t work, I would just post a comment in the comments section of the video stating (nicely) that at (time stamp) your image appears. I would also use the comment as an opportunity to post your Fiverr Gig URL.

You never know, the YouTuber may end up bringing you new business by “borrowing” your image.

It’s entirely up to how you react to it.

For me, personally, I would see it as an opportunity to promote my services.

he is promoting his service using my gig image on youtube. I commented on the video about this, I told him to contact my email, he just deleted the comment within seconds and hasn’t contacted me yet.

he is promoting his service using my gig image on youtube. I commented on the video about this, I told him to contact my email, he just deleted the comment within seconds and hasn’t contacted me yet.

I believe your next step then is to contact YouTube and cite community standards and spell out the violation.

Good luck.

Archived