Buyer is trying to cancel order after delivery

kingjan88

CS finally canceled my order and returned the money to the buyer .
CS give this reason after few days of back and forth conversation .

Blockquote

“The order was reviewed after the buyer submitted their complaint, besides concerns they had with your work not being original, it appears that the files you sent were infected with a virus. I suggest cleaning your PC to make sure that you don’t transmit the virus further to users.”

Blockquote

To my knowledge all the files are scanned for virus when uploaded on fiver . The buyer had to make something up . The CS knew claim for files being infected was absurd. But i guess they can’t say no to buyer . There is no protection system for seller at all. At the end scam buyer managed to get away with a scam . He got the products and service worth 1400$ for free.

This is my concern and it worries me , what if this kind of thing starts to happen to each seller , scammer orders valuable and expensive services . And right after delivery , scammer requests order cancelation . When seller refuses , the scammer goes to CS and makes something up , and CS happily returns him the payment.
I think sellers are doomed form the start.

Bravo Fiver CS.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

Iam really sorry for you sir. Agree with this, Fiverr should protect the sellers from unwanted cancellation.

It’s unfortunate, But there is nothing you can do. The buyer will get away with the money and your files for free, plus if he left a bad rating, fiverr won’t remove it and also your cancellation rate will be down.

How do you tackle this?

Simple register on so many other freelancing site. They are lots of better freelancing site, you just need to search harder. Some site have arbitration and a buyer can’t reap you off like this.

Another alternative is to, Open your own website and advertise you product while you still freelance on fiverr. At least when this happens, you will still have other sources of income.

I wish you Success.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

It’s unfortunate, But there is nothing you can do. The buyer will get away with the money and your files for free, plus if he left a bad rating, fiverr won’t remove it and also your cancellation rate will be down.

How do you tackle this?

Simple register on so many other freelancing site. They are lots of better freelancing site, you just need to search harder. Some site have arbitration and a buyer can’t reap you off like this.

Another alternative is to, Open your own website and advertise you product while you still freelance on fiverr. At least when this happens, you will still have other sources of income.

I wish you Success.

Thank you .

I am glad to read some useful insight and tips.

I had something similar in mind.

Cheers !

And good Luck to you.

• Like 9

How do you tackle this?

I wish you Success.

Do you have any recommendation what other freelancing sites that might be a good option?

• Like 9

Yes this is a grave concern with Fiverr (and probably most other places these days). Everyone goes on about not upsetting anyone whilst upsetting people - only those people are considered irrelevant. Yay Cancel Culture.

What I can say is that your first mistake was not sending this piece of 💩 on their way the moment they started whining about a discount. Begging for sympathy based on some heath or family tragedy is a huge Red Flag. Scambot 101 stuff.

🙂

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

Yes this is a grave concern with Fiverr (and probably most other places these days). Everyone goes on about not upsetting anyone whilst upsetting people - only those people are considered irrelevant. Yay Cancel Culture.

What I can say is that your first mistake was not sending this piece of 💩 on their way the moment they started whining about a discount. Begging for sympathy based on some heath or family tragedy is a huge Red Flag. Scambot 101 stuff.

🙂

Agree with you ,

people asking about discount , whining about low on budget , are the ones we should avoid .

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Buyer cancelled the order after i delivered it . . He said his client is not satisfied . . He requested a revision . . I completed the task . . And i did the task all over again . . I have asked him to take a look into the revised task . . But he is saying his client has cancelled the order . . What should i do? Should i accept the cancellation or should i decline it

• Like 9

12 hours ago, raib19 said:

Buyer cancelled the order after i delivered it . . He said his client is not satisfied . . He requested a revision . . I completed the task . . And i did the task all over again . . I have asked him to take a look into the revised task . . But he is saying his client has cancelled the order . . What should i do? Should i accept the cancellation or should i decline it

Don't cancel the order. 

• Like 8
  • Up 1

• 6 months later...

Hey, that's really sad to read!

I had customers like this a couple times as well. You can do whatever you want, if they want to rip you off, they can.
I also never got my money back through the customer service, even if it was clear that it wasn't my fault.

For me it was not about the money but about the bad review or also bad ranking/stats afterwards that really made it worse. 
That's actually something the customer service can help you with when you ask them nicely and explain (also with screenshots as proof).

The platform changed a lot in the last years and maybe in the future sellers will get more protection as well. I think it's good to discuss those topics with the customer service or also participate in comminity meetings etc to let them know. I mean, if they are not sellers themselves how should they know. But sharing those stories will maybe help at some point.

Edited by almostfauxreal
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, almostfauxreal said:

Hey, that's really sad to read!

I had customers like this a couple times as well. You can do whatever you want, if they want to rip you off, they can.
I also never got my money back through the customer service, even if it was clear that it wasn't my fault.

For me it was not about the money but about the bad review or also bad ranking/stats afterwards that really made it worse. 
That's actually something the customer service can help you with when you ask them nicely and explain (also with screenshots as proof).

The platform changed a lot in the last years and maybe in the future sellers will get more protection as well. I think it's good to discuss those topics with the customer service or also participate in comminity meetings etc to let them know. I mean, if they are not sellers themselves how should they know. But sharing those stories will maybe help at some point.

I've written or rewritten feature length screenplays and other projects, delivered them on time, and had the buyer demand revisions that they hadn't paid for--at least a dozen orders so far.  Worse, I get customers canceling as soon as I deliver the order to try to get the work done for free.  It's one thing that some of our gigs only bid out around $2-3 an hour for large projects, but to have some scammer cancel them after the fact--then leave a terrible review, preventing most buyers from ever seeing your work--is the last straw.

And Fiverr does nothing for sellers, always siding with a canceling "buyer" even though this forces us to go to other websites for freelance work.  And this problem is also happening at Upwork, etc.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I think a cancellation is not as bad as a 1 star review. Cancellations happen to all of us. First try one more time to please your buyer by offering to revise. However, whatever your buyer says about the cancellation is critical if you go to customer support. In my case, the buyer decided on a male voice and the buyer told me that in a message and that is clearly nothing I could do so CS cancelled the order and it did not reflect on my stats. Also, if the buyer said his client changed their mind… again it’s not you…it’s kind of on the buyer… but if the buyer said his client isn’t happy with the result you may be stuck. If you refuse to cancel and the customer gives you a 1 star after completion that may drive your orders down! So it’s like the “lesser of two evils” you have to decide from. 

For the future, your order requirements need to be rock solid. Make them agree to your revision policy. You can do this by requiring them to answer this question. If they don’t agree the order does not move forward, you have maybe prevented a disaster. Since I stated this out clearly, my buyers have been amazing. I haven’t had a cancellation in over a year and CS cancelled for me because he admitted his client wanted a male. 

Sometimes, you have to take this fall but PLEASE learn from it and ask how you can prevent it moving forward. Look at your requirements and adjust them accordingly. My advice anyway.

Also, this sounds counterintuitive, but raising your prices also avoids some of the jerks out there! Bullies like to pick on the lower hanging fruit because inside they are actually cowards.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am just a recent victim of this. I am a level 2 seller with over 300+ reviews.

I worked 4 hours on an artwork and the buyerr immediately asked for a cancellation 2 mins after recieving the artwork.

When i asked, they said they just want to cancel and they didnt even give me a chance to make any changes for them even though i had offered unlimited revisions. The buyer was being totally unreasonable. I declined the cancellation but the fiverr CS went with buyer and cancelled the order and it hurt my completion rate as well.

So, yes fiverr always goes with the buyer and does not care about the seller at all

Edited by asimjafri
  • Like 3
  • Up 1