My account got disabled

bodisha27

Hello,
My fiverr account got disabled this morning after two weeks of review.
The first warning I got was because of the “delivery button mistake” which I think you’ll know and after that I fixed it.
The second time I got warned because of “taking business out of fiverr” which I’m going to explain further down here.

I was talking to a Chinese guy and he wanted to order my gig, he said if UnionPay was accepted, then I searched on google a bit and found that UnionPay was not accepted, the only way to make it work is to link it to a paypal account, that is when I mentioned the word paypal.

I waited for the guy to place the order but didn’t answer. The next day, my account got restricted for review, and the final answer was received today.

I really like fiverr, fiverr disabled me for mentioning paypal which I was trying to help the buyer… I’m just a bit frustrated I’m sorry. I sent a message back to them and they say it is the final decision… I want to know your opinions on this and if I should message CS to ask for “another” opportunity. Maybe to ask them the same day is rude?

Thank you.

Why did you get your first warning? I tried looking at any previous threads you may have made but nothing showed you talking about it so I’m not sure what “delivery button mistake” means.

As for your second warning, I think there’s quite a few banned phrases and words to avoid people from having contact outside of Fiverr, you could try contacting them about it though.

You received two warnings which resulted in account suspension. There are certain words which get “flagged” in the messaging system like “PayPal”, and “money.” It probably appeared as though you were trying to get him to pay you through there instead of using Fiverr payment system.

In the Fiverr help page, it states that "the first offense is a warning and if you get two warnings for the same or two different violations it can result in account suspension. You can read more about it here…https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010880417-Warnings

I would imagine your abuse of the “Delivery Button” is trying to avoid being late on an order and delivering an empty or not finished work. Some sellers here will do that thinking they are going to get around being penalized and this is against the TOS. Sure, some buyers will overlook this, but, sounds like you had a buyer who was annoyed by this tactic and complained to customer service, which earned you that warning. If this is the case, that you were going to be late or only had a fraction of the order ready or complete - you needed to use the Resolution Center to ask the buyer for a time extension.

The second infraction as you know, is due to mentioning PayPal which Fiverr’s bot could see as you trying to take the buyer off Fiverr to get paid. If it happened as you state, you may be able to plead you case, but, I would not expect any miracles and your account to be reinstated.

Also, if you were thinking two steps ahead to make a new account, don’t bother. Fiverr would eventually catch on and ban that account too.

GG

I’ve had messages flagged in the past before I was well aware of the ins and outs of the platform. Once they were reviewed CS passed them and nothing happened. I just used the “danger” words but the context was innocent and not against ToS. For example, replying to a client to explain to them that all payments must remain on the platform. Payments got flagged.

If you’ve had your account disabled then I would say CS have seen something there that wasn’t so innocent. You can try appealing. New accounts are usually picked up and blocked pretty quickly.

I’m sorry for you, really, but this is why it’s worth putting the kettle on and them strapping in to read through the terms of service.

I’ve had messages flagged in the past before I was well aware of the ins and outs of the platform. Once they were reviewed CS passed them and nothing happened. I just used the “danger” words but the context was innocent and not against ToS. For example, replying to a client to explain to them that all payments must remain on the platform. Payments got flagged.

If you’ve had your account disabled then I would say CS have seen something there that wasn’t so innocent. You can try appealing. New accounts are usually picked up and blocked pretty quickly.

I’m sorry for you, really, but this is why it’s worth putting the kettle on and them strapping in to read through the terms of service.

Anytime I write a message back to a buyer or potential buyer, and the bright RED box lights up saying you are saying a BAD word or phrase, I ERASE what I wrote (as I often realize I made an oops) and rewrite it so I do not have to have it “looked over” by customer service.

GG

Anytime I write a message back to a buyer or potential buyer, and the bright RED box lights up saying you are saying a BAD word or phrase, I ERASE what I wrote (as I often realize I made an oops) and rewrite it so I do not have to have it “looked over” by customer service.

GG

So do I now. I even contacted CS to ask exactly how to phrase certain things. One slip can really b***er you up here.

Thanks for everyone who replied to this topic. For some more details:
The first warning was because of the abusing the delivery button because I did not attach anything to one delivery because I didn’t have to send anything, after I got the warning I changed and improved in this sense.

Regarding the second warning, I was speaking in Chinese to that person, maybe there were some “error” interpreting those messages.

I will not open an account until CS approved it or something like that. It’s a great platform, but some things are just too, I don’t know, difficult to say.

Archived