A Few Tips for Buyer Requests

If only everyone Buyer & Seller thought & behaved like this…

Most of the work I get is from BR (here & elsewhere). The biggest issue I face is very poorly presented jobs, in that the person trying to find the right fit with a freelancer writes their job so fast that they forget to include actual info about the project. e.g. I cannot know if I feel that I can mix a song if the song is not there to be heard.

I have had people say it is because they don’t trust putting the song in public but that makes little sense as if the aim here is to put the song in public; now-then, what does it matter? If you get famous enough that people want to hear the rough mix of your song, that is winning. A song gets mixed so people can hear it properly. If people get so into the song they want to get closer to the source of the song, that is something that you cannot buy. Besides how many fans are trolling freelance sites looking to collect songs from unknowns in hope they can Instaham that rough mix when the act makes it big? It is somewhere between zero and brilliant, that guy just gave me free promo. I just Soundclouded a Mix I did for a Rapper who I think just got signed.

🙂

In the writing section, I have the same issue. A lot of times, the buyers don’t take much time to make their requests and are vague in their prompt, word count, target audience, etc. And I definitely agree that it doesn’t make much sense to be afraid of posting a rough recording in public (and can’t they use some sort of sound watermark like people do in those stock music samples?).

• Like 26

In the writing section, I have the same issue. A lot of times, the buyers don’t take much time to make their requests and are vague in their prompt, word count, target audience, etc. And I definitely agree that it doesn’t make much sense to be afraid of posting a rough recording in public (and can’t they use some sort of sound watermark like people do in those stock music samples?).

I put it that people who make poor proposals for our attention are probably poor to work for seeing they are a) not really committed, b) not willing to explain their thing. But it is still very annoying to waste time chasing job basics - that normally never arrive.

Sometimes I wonder if it is a test: are you as Hipster as me? If you are, you will know what I am talkin’ bout 😉

Watermarks on a rough Mix are not the best plan simply because most of them are somewhat challenged already so having to ‘hear around’ a watermark is not helpful. Just share the darned mp3 as the song is meant to be heard. Hiding for whatever fear, is not useful, esp if you have dreams to be a Star.

Being a buyer means that you have to sell the Freelancers in taking your Gig. If you want the best, you have to show that you have a great project and that you will be great to work with. Good clear info, quick friendly communication and a fair budget (which is almost never $5).

🙂

• Like 30

The Buyer Requests page can indeed be useful, and it is actually where I got my first order on Fiverr no less! The issue is attempting to find the flecks of gold within the raging dumpster-fire full of frauds, cheapskates, and predators.

I think in total, out of 173 sent offer, I only nabbed about 12 orders, but in contrast, I’ve clicked the “Remove Request” button well over a thousand times.

Buyer’s Request is the refuge for the new, the desperate, the bored, and the curious; and it would take a bit of effort from Fiverr to change it from it’s current state.

• Like 30

The Buyer Requests page can indeed be useful, and it is actually where I got my first order on Fiverr no less! The issue is attempting to find the flecks of gold within the raging dumpster-fire full of frauds, cheapskates, and predators.

I think in total, out of 173 sent offer, I only nabbed about 12 orders, but in contrast, I’ve clicked the “Remove Request” button well over a thousand times.

Buyer’s Request is the refuge for the new, the desperate, the bored, and the curious; and it would take a bit of effort from Fiverr to change it from it’s current state.

I definitely agree that a lot of the scammers are posting in buyer requests, and it can be tiring to filter through all of them sometimes.

• Like 16

It is absolutely best Tips for buyer request. Thank you.

I have question, what number of words can be written in buyer request?

For a buyer request, you can go up to about 400 words (I believe it’s the same for offers, but don’t quote me on this). However, because the reader is more likely to pass over a request/offer if it’s too long,100-200 words is the best length.

• Like 8

It is absolutely best Tips for buyer request. Thank you.

I have question, what number of words can be written in buyer request?

have question, what number of words can be written in buyer request?

Hello Mr. Monir,

You can write 1500 Character in Buyer request.

• Like 10