Can someone explain advance pay to me?

srarifuzzaman

• 1 month later...

I tried this cash advance and its the worst decision I have made.

So this is how the repayments work;

For every gig you sell, fiverr takes its mandatory 20%. After that, fiverr will then take 40% of your profit, to repay your credit.

So literally you became a slave worker after taking that credit. The unfortunate part is that you can’t clear your funds even if your profit is equal or slightly more than your outstanding balance.

Fiverr will keep taking a maximum of 40% of your cleared funds until they recoup their money.

So take my advice, its not worth it all, unless you have a gun against your head, do not take the deal!!

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

So I tested out the cash advance option and have already paid back my loan in full except…$2.87.

That’s right. Two dollars and eighty-seven cents. The odd thing is, this amount should’ve been covered in my last two withdrawals. Yet for some reason, the Fiverr system refuses to take money from my earnings to pay the remaining $2.87. Weird huh? :thinking:

• Like 12

So I tested out the cash advance option and have already paid back my loan in full except…$2.87.

That’s right. Two dollars and eighty-seven cents. The odd thing is, this amount should’ve been covered in my last two withdrawals. Yet for some reason, the Fiverr system refuses to take money from my earnings to pay the remaining $2.87. Weird huh? :thinking:

That’s strange, have you tried asking support why this is so? I would be interested to know if one gets offered a higher loan amount after repaying.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

That’s strange, have you tried asking support why this is so? I would be interested to know if one gets offered a higher loan amount after repaying.

I’m not so much concerned with future loans as I am with squaring away this one. Keeping me on the hook for $2.87 makes no sense. I’ve contacted support who simply said they will forward my issue to the department that specifically handles cash advance issues/bugs or whatever.

• Like 11

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 4:16 PM, teddymkhari said:

So literally you became a slave worker after taking that credit.

Yeah, some people unreasonably expect to be paid back when you borrow money from them.  Too bad they didn't explain the terms before you took the loan...oh wait they did. 

• Like 22

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just got new feature of "Get cash advance". I don't know should I use it or not? Is it worth? 
Also whats the benefits of this feature?
Anyone who got this feature and also he/she used it some time ago? does it affect on our current balance or it would be applying on next future orders? 🤨

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I got this Cash advance as well. I think it is the double of my monthly average net income over a few months. 

This is the takeaway:

When you receive $100 order, Fiverr will remove:

- 20% normal commission after delivery

- 40% from the $80 you would have collected without a cash advance

NB: In other words you will go home with $40 for every $100 sales during the repayment period. 

• Like 11

On 5/21/2021 at 5:55 AM, nickj2013 said:

I have exactly the same problem, I owe 4.45 us to fiverr and although I have made several withdrawals, my balance is not discounted, 7 days ago I wrote to the resolution center but they only replied that they would escalate my case to the area in charge and nothing has happened, you can Tell me if they gave you a solution, what did you do and in how long was everything fine? please...

• Like 11

On 9/6/2021 at 5:17 PM, luisavozco said:

I have exactly the same problem, I owe 4.45 us to fiverr and although I have made several withdrawals, my balance is not discounted, 7 days ago I wrote to the resolution center but they only replied that they would escalate my case to the area in charge and nothing has happened, you can Tell me if they gave you a solution, what did you do and in how long was everything fine? please...

My situation was resolved eventually. Took awhile though, but, the loose change leftover was eventually deducted. And the loan paid back in full.

• Like 8

On 9/7/2021 at 5:56 PM, nickj2013 said:

My situation was resolved eventually. Took awhile though, but, the loose change leftover was eventually deducted. And the loan paid back in full.

Excuse me for bothering you with my questions, approximately how long did it take to resolve, did you do something to make it happen, did fiverr lend you back?

• Like 9

1 hour ago, luisavozco said:

Excuse me for bothering you with my questions, approximately how long did it take to resolve, did you do something to make it happen, did fiverr lend you back?

I would estimate it took around 3 weeks? I simply contacted customer support here at Fiverr. They passed my request along to another department. Then one day, during a withdrawal, the remaining $2.82 was finally deducted. 

As for the cash advance option (little green button), I haven't seen it appear since then if that's what you're asking. I originally decided to test out the cash advance feature starting on February 26th. 

Edited by nickj2013
  • Like 9

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 8:34 PM, birendranath said:

Have you taken loan? Can we withdraw?

Yes, we can withdraw. And we pay it back from our future earnings. 40% from every order is automatically deducted as repayment. I have paid 98%, but for some reason, there's still about 2% that I still need to pay back though I have had enough matured balance. I have contacted CS to get this problem resolved. This is a nice feature, it helped me achieve a lot of things.

• Like 10
  • Congrats! 2