Buyers not reading gig descriptions, is it just me?

jorgesepulvedaa

For me it’s a red flag about working with a prospective buyer. It’s not a deal breaker if they ask a question that’s already answered in the gig description, but if other parts of their message seem a bit odd as well - then I will tell them I’m too busy.

If a buyer shows signs of being a bit complacent from the very start, then why should I trust them to submit their requirements correctly, to feedback appropriately, etc? I’m not going to allow someone to compromise my feedback stats or indeed stress levels.

For me it’s a red flag about working with a prospective buyer. It’s not a deal breaker if they ask a question that’s already answered in the gig description, but if other parts of their message seem a bit odd as well - then I will tell them I’m too busy.

If a buyer shows signs of being a bit complacent from the very start, then why should I trust them to submit their requirements correctly, to feedback appropriately, etc? I’m not going to allow someone to compromise my feedback stats or indeed stress levels.

Yep, I go about the same way. Just 5 minutes ago I rejected a buyer who could not really articulate what he wanted. Saves a lot of trouble

Yes, it happens to me often, I have to explain and answer questions the detailed answer of which is already on the Gig, sometimes even for days and days, the result is that 90% of buyers of this kind do not buy!

This is why I describe these approaches as a red flag.

Why do I want to waste my time answering such questions over several hours or days? I don’t.

I would rather not have the order and instead have the peace of mind that I’m not going to get messed about.

Some sales aren’t worth the effort. It’s important to recognise this.

Completely agree.

If a buyer doesn’t pay attention to the gig details, how can a seller be sure if that buyer is clear on what they want?

Been there.

Guest humanissocial

Nailed it! lol

You are correct on that!

Thanks! My life in general is better since finding ways to cut lazy, cheap, entitled people out of my life.

Hope your health is ok!

I think Fiverr could make Sellers’ life a bit easier if they enabled some extra styling staff in Gig description for example.

I mean something to lead Buyer’s eye to most important point(s) in description. I guess yellow highlighting ,bold and italics is just not enough …

People who could deal with proper styling might benefit. Certainly there would be thousands of colorwheel descriptions created immediately…🙂

Guest wpressmaster02

Yeah, buyers are busy some time they don’t want to read the description you can add video on your gigs it will help buyer to let him know about your services faster

Do you guys also get a lot of messages asking exactly what is carefully explained in your gig description? :rofl:

Do you guys also get a lot of messages asking exactly what is carefully explained in your gig description? :rofl:

Actually for me is even worst. I have a lot of buyer who doesn’t read OR ignore my gig description, faqs and requirements and place the order anyway for the price they want (normally minimum $5).

I have as my requirement, " You must contact me first before purchasing, do you understand?"

And people reply Yes, but still place the order even though they never contact me… here is one from today

This is how it works:

1. Buyer clicks Continue on one of the Gigs packages (if packages applicable)
  2. Buyer selects Gig quantity, adds Extra and Continues to Checkout.
  3. Buyer choses payment method and clicks “Confirm & Pay”

Done. Purchased.

1. Buyer is asked to submit requirements.

image.thumb.png.ad82c701b7550b9fe566537de3f6e9de.png
image1494×452 39.8 KB

And here you have:

" You must contact me first before purchasing, do you understand?"

but the purchase is already done!

Can you see the sequence and the fact that “You need to contact me BEFORE purchase…” comes too late in order requirements? I mean it actually does not do what you want…

This isn’t a Fiverr specific thing. I get loads of messages through my website asking for information that’s clearly stated in the first two paragraphs on the site. People hate to read what’s right in front of them. Anyway, I think that buyers are more comfortable getting the info directly and personally from the buyer - and it might just be an excuse to vet the buyers before placing an order. I always contact sellers myself before making an order, because you can never be sure if their description is written by someone else, for example.

This isn’t a Fiverr specific thing. I get loads of messages through my website asking for information that’s clearly stated in the first two paragraphs on the site. People hate to read what’s right in front of them. Anyway, I think that buyers are more comfortable getting the info directly and personally from the buyer - and it might just be an excuse to vet the buyers before placing an order. I always contact sellers myself before making an order, because you can never be sure if their description is written by someone else, for example.

I always contact sellers myself before making an order, because you can never be sure if their description is written by someone else, for example.

That’s wise approach and it saves money and brain cells in fact. 🙂

I always contact sellers myself before making an order, because you can never be sure if their description is written by someone else, for example.

That’s wise approach and it saves money and brain cells in fact. 🙂

Indeed it does! But as a seller I know how annoying it can be to get questions about pricing for example, when it’s RIGHT THERE. But that’s part of the job 😃

Guest humanissocial

I have as my requirement, " You must contact me first before purchasing, do you understand?"

And people reply Yes, but still place the order even though they never contact me… here is one from today

I do the same and people do it to me, too.

So many lazy, entitled people.

This is how it works:

1. Buyer clicks Continue on one of the Gigs packages (if packages applicable)
  2. Buyer selects Gig quantity, adds Extra and Continues to Checkout.
  3. Buyer choses payment method and clicks “Confirm & Pay”

Done. Purchased.

1. Buyer is asked to submit requirements.

And here you have:

" You must contact me first before purchasing, do you understand?"

but the purchase is already done!

Can you see the sequence and the fact that “You need to contact me BEFORE purchase…” comes too late in order requirements? I mean it actually does not do what you want…

I know this, I also have 4 other placed where is says contact me first. this is the very last one of them.

Archived