What's your reason to start? Let's chat!

francalee

I prefer oil when it comes to painting, but I have to admit it can be a pain compare to acrylic paint. Oil takes forever to dry so it’s not ideal for commissions, it’s more expensive and it’s a pain to clean the brushes, lol. I’m way happier with digital painting… just because I don’t make a mess every time I want to draw something, lol. 😅

Yes, I absolutely agree with you digital art is probably the best alternative. You can adjust it whenever and don’t take too much of your time. I’m thinking on taking a time to learn oil painting, any tips for starters?

Welcome to the Fiverr community.
My reason to start Fiverr business is because I need stable income asap. I know I am still long way from securing stable long-term work relationships with clients, and I am still working on them. I am looking forward to start more gigs soon, I have been thinking on making animations and (still long way) learning the essential skills. 🙂

Yes, I absolutely agree with you digital art is probably the best alternative. You can adjust it whenever and don’t take too much of your time. I’m thinking on taking a time to learn oil painting, any tips for starters?

1- Start with simple things, since it doesn’t dry fast, doing complex paintings can be tricky if you are not use to it.

2- Start with the background and move your way to the foreground. If you do the opposite you may smudge your central element by accident. Same thing with the side, if you are right handed start with to the left first. That way you have places to rest your arm if you need to. I can’t count how many times I rested my arm or my pinky finger on wet paint by accident because of that, lol.

3-Think twice before using black. Try to avoid using pure black. It’s hard to get off the brush and you can contaminate your other colors, making you painting look dirty.

4- If you do a mistake instead of trying to wipe it off with a cloth (which can lead to disaster) try using a clean brush to “push” the paint. It’s also a great way to do thin lines.

5- Watch oil painting artists on Youtube, they all have different techniques that you can try. It’s great for learning and find which techniques works for you.

Welcome to the Fiverr community.

My reason to start Fiverr business is because I need stable income asap. I know I am still long way from securing stable long-term work relationships with clients, and I am still working on them. I am looking forward to start more gigs soon, I have been thinking on making animations and (still long way) learning the essential skills. 🙂

Thank you ! I wish you the best of luck for your career and I believe you can get there! Don’t get discouraged and trust yourself fully in your artworks 😍

1- Start with simple things, since it doesn’t dry fast, doing complex paintings can be tricky if you are not use to it.

2- Start with the background and move your way to the foreground. If you do the opposite you may smudge your central element by accident. Same thing with the side, if you are right handed start with to the left first. That way you have places to rest your arm if you need to. I can’t count how many times I rested my arm or my pinky finger on wet paint by accident because of that, lol.

3-Think twice before using black. Try to avoid using pure black. It’s hard to get off the brush and you can contaminate your other colors, making you painting look dirty.

4- If you do a mistake instead of trying to wipe it off with a cloth (which can lead to disaster) try using a clean brush to “push” the paint. It’s also a great way to do thin lines.

5- Watch oil painting artists on Youtube, they all have different techniques that you can try. It’s great for learning and find which techniques works for you.

Goodness this is so great! You’re so great! I asked for tips and you’ve written so many helpful tricks for a tiny newbie like me 😦

I’ll definitely give you an update once I get my equipments 😀

Archived