I been working with Fiverr for 2 years now…,
Everything is going well.

I notice these past two month, i got several inbox every week, just say:

“Hi, Need Work”
“Hi, I’m proffesional designer, looking for order”
“Hi, any jobs?”

Even worse just say “Hi”
---->> I report it as spam

I just curious how fellow seller think about this?
NEW SELLER inbox other seller asking for jobs

Personally, i think it’s very bad move.

Yes, it is spam, very annoying, and against the Terms of Service. Just block and report, like you are already doing.

When I start getting these spam messages, I always notice that my impressions will increase by 1000%+, and my orders will drop to 0 for at least a week. Are you noticing the same, or is it just me?

Guest chifyjay007

That’s their own way of battling competitions which is distasteful by the way. However, you can save a message “How may I help you?” In a document in your PC where you can copy and paste in order to keep your response time at 100%.
I tried to ignore spam and I dropped to 82 percent in a week.

Yes, it is spam, very annoying, and against the Terms of Service. Just block and report, like you are already doing.

When I start getting these spam messages, I always notice that my impressions will increase by 1000%+, and my orders will drop to 0 for at least a week. Are you noticing the same, or is it just me?

Maybe it has to do with conversion rate?

My latest hi message had a twist, so at least it was not as boring as the usual fare …

“hi

i hope you are doing well i want to become your agent on any rates possible

i hope you will consider me”

Guess I threw away the chance of my life …

Hi Vibronx

When I start getting these spam messages, I always notice that my impressions will increase by 1000%+, and my orders will drop to 0 for at least a week

Yes…, now that you mention it…, i realize it happens to me too.

Everytime i got the spam message just “HI”

I won’t get any new order or new inbox from new client for couple of days.

Will keep in mind about this, and posting in forum once i got an update later

My latest hi message had a twist, so at least it was not as boring as the usual fare …

“hi

Guess I threw away the chance of my life …

Oh, I am sure it does. That is why it is extra annoying. The same thing is happening to my proofreading gig now - to a lesser degree than usual, though. The impressions only rose by 450%.

I had the best week ever in my Fiverr career, and I am so close to being nominated for Top Rated Seller for the first time, so I must admit that I am a bit miffed. It always happens after a great period of sales.

graph.thumb.png.58d0ed99ded9b923f522a96d4434e795.png
graph1247×409 34.3 KB

I’ll show this graph again from my translation gig (I got cats drawn on it last time, so who knows what will happen this time? 😁. ) The spikes (beginning of July and August) are the periods of spam with 0 orders.

“hi

Guess I threw away the chance of my life

You should have hired them for a rate of 0.00001% of your sales. They did say “any rates possible” …

Thank you. I am sorry to hear that, but I would be very interested in seeing an update.

Oh, I am sure it does. That is why it is extra annoying. The same thing is happening to my proofreading gig now - to a lesser degree than usual, though. The impressions only rose by 450%.

I had the best week ever in my Fiverr career, and I am so close to being nominated for Top Rated Seller for the first time, so I must admit that I am a bit miffed. It always happens after a great period of sales.

I’ll show this graph again from my translation gig (I got cats drawn on it last time, so who knows what will happen this time? 😁. ) The spikes (beginning of July and August) are the periods of spam with 0 orders.

“hi

Guess I threw away the chance of my life

You should have hired them for a rate of 0.00001% of your sales. They did say “any rates possible” …

Thank you. I am sorry to hear that, but I would be very interested in seeing an update.

It always happens after a great period of sales.

(I got cats drawn on it last time, so who knows what will happen this time?

Fire extinguishers may be fitting, or the opposite, TNT, depending on how the artist sees it.

Yes, you’d hope that non-conversion and blocking of spam wouldn’t influence anything, but I’m not so sure there either.

Archived