Harassed by Buyer and I Want to Share Some Experiences and Alerts as my account is also in danger now

Guest saddam2016

Guest saddam2016

Oki doki, let’s go step by step what you did wrong.

I had no option but to cancel it

That is youR first mistake. Fiverr CC can’t do anything after you agreed to mutually cancel the order. That’s it, nothing to investigate and all they can do is sorry you had a bad experience.

They also moved all of my gigs to last pages and I stopped receiving orders.

We all go through that. ALL OF US. All cancellations affect our “ranking” and position where gigs are shown. Fiverr algorithm decides where and how to show gigs based on the performance and fiverr CS can not fix that just because you want it.

But I accepted and delivered

You didn’t have to agree for 5$ but you did.

I thought he has realized that 5$ were so less for previous work that is why he will give me 40$ for this time

Why would she realise that if you agreed for that work and never discussed that with her?

**Guess what? If you multiply 8 by 5 =40$. **

8 sheets for 5$ is 40$ in total and that’s exactly what your buyer offered you. She took your previous price you agreed for and multiplied by the amount of work she had this time.

On the last point: your account restriction, you still didn’t tell us what exactly you were banned for. They sent you an email telling you what tule you violated.

Everything you are describing here is a normal freelancing process and we all go through working with difficult clients, it’s all about how you handle it and in this case it is unfortunately on you and solely you not being able to manage properly your clients.

On the last point: your account restriction, you still didn’t tell us what exactly you were banned for. They sent you an email telling you what tule you violated.

CC charged me for partial and incomplete delivery. As I mentioned it already that buyer checked excel sheet and said its ok deliver it. Later he must have charged me for sending incomplete delivery when he reported to CC

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did your offer to him say, roughly? Was it specific enough about how much you’d do? Did it say you’d do 1 worksheet and around 300 rows of data entry?

He just said that " I have another project of 40 dollars" and attached the corrupted excel sheet.I asked him to deliver it again in old format it still did not open. Then I asked for google sheets.

I mean - wasn’t it a custom offer that you sent to him and not a direct order. If in your custom offer you’d said “1 worksheet, approx 300 rows of data entry” you could show that he accepted that (and no additional work) when he placed the order.

Did you not specify how much you’d do in the custom offer?

Also it’s probably best to remain neutral in how you speak to the buyer and just show you delivered the work that was originally asked for.

Guest saddam2016

The case we are discussing here is another one.

This was the old case this is not related to this one.

You described both cases here and that means that you wanted to discuss them both and and replied on it for both of your cases.

Yes im so frustrated to discuss everything but right now I have a bigger issue which needs priority

CC charged me for partial and incomplete delivery. As I mentioned it already that buyer checked excel sheet and said its ok deliver it. Later he must have charged me for sending incomplete delivery when he reported to CC

CC charged me for partial and incomplete delivery.

Well to be fair you did deliver incomplete delivery. :woman_shrugging:

I already did the math for you

8 sheets for 5$ each is 40$ and that’s exactly what your buyer offered you and sent to you.

I’m sure it was also a surprise for her that you sent only one sheet this time and started asking for more money only after delivering the first sheet.

Again miscommunication from your side. Never assume anything and write clearly what you agreeing to.

Guest saddam2016

I mean - wasn’t it a custom offer that you sent to him and not a direct order. If in your custom offer you’d said “1 worksheet, approx 300 rows of data entry” you could show that he accepted that (and no additional work) when he placed the order.

Did you not specify how much you’d do in the custom offer?

Also it’s probably best to remain neutral in how you speak to the buyer and just show you delivered the work that was originally asked for.

No this is really unfortunate of me. I should have done that. I think I just wrote something like this. I will do my best to provide you with the best quality work. Lol he got me

Guest saddam2016

CC charged me for partial and incomplete delivery.

Well to be fair you did deliver incomplete delivery. :woman_shrugging:

I already did the math for you

8 sheets for 5$ each is 40$ and that’s exactly what your buyer offered you and sent to you.

I’m sure it was also a surprise for her that you sent only one sheet this time and started asking for more money only after delivering the first sheet.

Again miscommunication from your side. Never assume anything and write clearly what you agreeing to.

No he was not surprised he did it all on purpose and everything was pre planned here.

My recommendation is to chalk it up as “learning the hard way” (here, we call it “paying apprentice’s due” - because in the “good old times”, apprentices actually didn’t get but had to pay money to their master for being allowed to learn from them ;)), to continue, and to add to your “precaution tactics” as you go, and as things happen.

I am really greatful to you madam. If I will chose to work again with Fiverr then this time I will be way more careful. I really want to share the names of these buyers. But i still have 5% hope left that they will not ban me

I really want to share the names of these buyers.

People can be weird I know. I am just surprised a TRS could pull off this stunt; it’s sad and unprofessional!

Sharing names won’t help in anyway and I suggest you do not.

Guest saddam2016

No this is really unfortunate of me. I should have done that. I think I just wrote something like this. I will do my best to provide you with the best quality work. Lol he got me

I was also discussing the work related to same sheet again and again. He knew everything but had a plan to trap me that is all.

No he was not surprised he did it all on purpose and everything was pre planned here.

everything was pre planned here

Of course it was “pre planned”. You did first project for 5$ so for the second order she sent you 8 sheets for 5$ each which is in total 40$. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t planning to scam you and only expected from you to do exactly the same as you did for her first order for the same price. That’s it.

You misunderstood it, you never asked for clarification and it’s you who suddenly assumed that you buyer will get so generous to put the price from 5$ to 40$ for only one sheet. :woman_shrugging:

There is no one to blame but yourself TBH

Guest saddam2016

everything was pre planned here

Of course it was “pre planned”. You did first project for 5$ so for the second order she sent you 8 sheets for 5$ each which is in total 40$. I’m pretty sure she wasn’t planning to scam you and only expected from you to do exactly the same as you did for her first order for the same price. That’s it.

You misunderstood it, you never asked for clarification and it’s you who suddenly assumed that you buyer will get so generous to put the price from 5$ to 40$ for only one sheet. :woman_shrugging:

There is no one to blame but yourself TBH

No he shared corrupted file abd later sent google sheet as I have mentioned already. If he would not have known then why he said its ok go deliver it. Why did not check at that time when I inboxed him spreadsheet

My recommendation is to chalk it up as “learning the hard way” (here, we call it “paying apprentice’s due” - because in the “good old times”, apprentices actually didn’t get but had to pay money to their master for being allowed to learn from them ;)), to continue, and to add to your “precaution tactics” as you go, and as things happen.

I am really greatful to you madam. If I will chose to work again with Fiverr then this time I will be way more careful. I really want to share the names of these buyers. But i still have 5% hope left that they will not ban me

Ah, all right, incomplete delivery, then your account is temporarily suspended, while they decide if to let you off with a warning or suspend your account permanently, and it makes sense what @catwriter wrote, I can’t see your account either.

If they’ll decide to permanently suspend your account, you’re not allowed to open another account. As it’s better to have options in any case, you’d better take a look at those while you’re waiting for their decision, so you can get started with something else instead if the decision will be negative.

Guest saddam2016

Ah, all right, incomplete delivery, then your account is temporarily suspended, while they decide if to let you off with a warning or suspend your account permanently, and it makes sense what @catwriter wrote, I can’t see your account either.

If they’ll decide to permanently suspend your account, you’re not allowed to open another account. As it’s better to have options in any case, you’d better take a look at those while you’re waiting for their decision, so you can get started with something else instead if the decision will be negative.

Please suggest some options. I will love to hear from you madam.

No he shared corrupted file abd later sent google sheet as I have mentioned already. If he would not have known then why he said its ok go deliver it. Why did not check at that time when I inboxed him spreadsheet

If he would not have known then why he said its ok go deliver it.

Because it was ok to deliver that sheet :woman_shrugging: And she didn’t have revisions for that sheet. And most likely she thought you will go one by one. She said ok to this file and after that as you mentioned she was expecting for you to start working on other files

Look there is no “scam”. And if there is then it’s actually you who tried to get 5$ one sheet for 40$.

Corrupted file most likely is just a coincidence.

And that’s not a scam if you agreed for 5$ price and your buyer asked you to do 8 sheets for 5$ (which is 40$) in total.

She asked you EXACTLY what you agreed for. And it’s not her problem to be honest that you suddenly decided that one sheet should cost 40$ without discussing or agreeing that with her.

And I’m surprised that you still don’t see what you did wrong.

Seriously it’s all miscommunication from your side and I don’t see anything scammers with your second buyer.

As I mentioned it already that buyer checked excel sheet and said its ok deliver it.

If you have a message of them confirming the sheet is okay to deliver, you can send it to CS. Misunderstanding or not, you have the confirmation from them directly stating it was exactly what they wanted, right?

Guest saddam2016

If he would not have known then why he said its ok go deliver it.

Because it was ok to deliver that sheet :woman_shrugging: And she didn’t have revisions for that sheet. And most likely she thought you will go one by one. She said ok to this file and after that as you mentioned she was expecting for you to start working on other files

Look there is no “scam”. And if there is then it’s actually you who tried to get 5$ one sheet for 40$.

Corrupted file most likely is just a coincidence.

And that’s not a scam if you agreed for 5$ price and your buyer asked you to do 8 sheets for 5$ (which is 40$) in total.

She asked you EXACTLY what you agreed for. And it’s not her problem to be honest that you suddenly decided that one sheet should cost 40$ without discussing or agreeing that with her.

And I’m surprised that you still don’t see what you did wrong.

Seriously it’s all miscommunication from your side and I don’t see anything scammers with your second buyer.

It was so unfortunate for him to not to check on the excel before my delivery and he was a real baby he did not mention the quantity of sheets. He was also innocent while delivering a corrupted worksheet. He was also innocent when I was discussing the same worksheet again and again. He was also innocent while updating the sheet and did not tell me that he is still updating. He was also innocent while trying to have 900 dollars work for 5$ and he was born innocent. and i am here who wanted to get money for free as I already knew that fiverr will not support me anywhere and possibly get my account bannes. Really this all makes sense

Guest saddam2016

As I mentioned it already that buyer checked excel sheet and said its ok deliver it.

If you have a message of them confirming the sheet is okay to deliver, you can send it to CS. Misunderstanding or not, you have the confirmation from them directly stating it was exactly what they wanted, right?

Yes but I doubt that they will even give me a chance to explain

It was so unfortunate for him to not to check on the excel before my delivery and he was a real baby he did not mention the quantity of sheets. He was also innocent while delivering a corrupted worksheet. He was also innocent when I was discussing the same worksheet again and again. He was also innocent while updating the sheet and did not tell me that he is still updating. He was also innocent while trying to have 900 dollars work for 5$ and he was born innocent. and i am here who wanted to get money for free as I already knew that fiverr will not support me anywhere and possibly get my account bannes. Really this all makes sense

Really this all makes sense

Absolutely.

It’s more nonsense that you thought that your buyer will pay 40$ for the same sheet that she paid 5$.

That buyer is cheap so why would she pay you more this time even though it’s a lot of work in one sheet?

Guest humanissocial

You should have stated your new terms with them before proceeding, a job as tedious as you described is worth more than $5 and then multiplied by 8??

He made it look like that he will pay 40$ for one sheet with 333 rows but in actual they were 8 sheets of 5$ each. He already knew that I will not accept more work that is why he planned this all. And the way he tricked the system I can say that for sure that he is a professional scammer and he has not done this for the first time. Each time CC must have given him favor as he is a top seller and he use to get away with it almost everytime.

That’s why you include the scope of the order (#of rows) in the order. Otherwise you’re giving the buyer a free pass to adjust the scope.

I don understand why you would even do $300 for $5. Any buyer who asks for that is going to try to see of they can exploit you even more. And that’s exactly what happened.

Even if the buyer claimed this was an incomplete delivery, why would Fiverr ban you?

Yes but I doubt that they will even give me a chance to explain

You asked for suggestions, I gave you one. :woman_shrugging:

Guest saddam2016

Really this all makes sense

Absolutely.

It’s more nonsense that you thought that your buyer will pay 40$ for the same sheet that she paid 5$.

That buyer is cheap so why would she pay you more this time even though it’s a lot of work in one sheet?

The buyer has paid better before, this time it was hell of a task. I accepted previous work for 5$ but when I worked I realized it is so much work but completed it anyways because I accepted it.

He was also innocent while trying to have 900 dollars work for 5$

You accepted to do the work for $5.

Guest saddam2016

That’s why you include the scope of the order (#of rows) in the order. Otherwise you’re giving the buyer a free pass to adjust the scope.

I don understand why you would even do $300 for $5. Any buyer who asks for that is going to try to see of they can exploit you even more. And that’s exactly what happened.

Even if the buyer claimed this was an incomplete delivery, why would Fiverr ban you?

Madam I know I have learned it now. My account will be banned for it now. But I have learned it the hard way.

The buyer has paid better before, this time it was hell of a task. I accepted previous work for 5$ but when I worked I realized it is so much work but completed it anyways because I accepted it.

when I worked I realized it is so much work but completed it anyways because I accepted it.

But you never told her that :woman_shrugging: So how’s she supposed to know that you suffered so much?

And I keep saying: miscommunication from your side.

If you will keep finding excuses for your actions then you will never succeed like that in a freelancing world.

We are telling you what you did wrong and what you can improve but you seem to be stuck with your ways (which got you banned) so good luck with that.

By the way: sending an offer and writing in the description “I will do the best job” is totally unprofessional and shows that you know so little about working with clients.

Archived