How to become a TRS

celinedesigns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celinedesigns said: But I understand now that you TRS guys also cannot answer simple questions and look down on everyone else.

You know what, we don't need your manipulation and abuse.

This is a RED HERRING and flatly wrong.

Nor, do you have ANY right to get an answer to ANY question you ask. If you asked about people's sales, it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Further, we explained to you calmly that even if you did get "those answers" it wouldn't mean anything because of course as there are more TRSs the standards will be higher.

Well, i had a same questions 1 month ago, HOW DO I BECOME TRS. I was eager to get that shinny badge too. But now i do not think much of that now. It does not mean i don’t wanted, but i am more focused on my buyers rather exploring and asking how i can get the TRS badge.

I guess getting your GIG featured is very important before even think about getting TRS badge. This is what i learn and realize here on forum. (thanks for some awesome TRS buddies for this suggestion).

Honestly when i get a super awesome review from my buyer, i feel myself as KING of Fiverr lol. It make me happy and give me satisfaction that my work get recognition.

To me, this is more important then getting the TRS shinny badge 🙂

I am enjoying those positive reviews from my awesome buyers. And i work hard to not get any negative and so far i am doing well in that case.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am at 4 months long on Fiverr, I am a level 2 and my sales are very good. Still I would love to be a Top Rated Seller, since it would boost my credibility.

I don’t know if I will ever be picked to be a TRS but I think That there is two factors beyond sales, and rating.

The first is your story, they want to show to the media that fiverr is eclectic, so have a cute story I think is a must. Selling very unique gigs it is a must too, to show that they have a wide range of gigs offered, it’s the category discussion.

The second reason is the place from where your buyers come from. I think that they have interest in promoting sellers that bring clients to fiverr from external sources, like sales page and similar. From a management point of view, those buyers are important because they put more money inside the community. More money, more views, more growth.

Any opinions?

PS: I think there should exist a level 3 seller, to differentiate from the level 2. Something like 500 sales or 200.

BTW, my average price per gig is $15.

If I sell one gig for $5 with $10 extra - It is just one gig sold?

And if I tell the buyer to order a multiple gig of 3x $5 - Still one gig sold? or 3?

That would make a huge difference in my numbers.

Still, as @wingle said, it is more important to get good reviews and satisfy your costumers, that just work for the badge. We are gig sellers, not badge collectors (like pokemon). Despite the fact that the badge could give more sales, there are plenty of another ways to get good numbers.

itsyourthing said: If what you offer here is time-consuming for you or has inherent 'subjective' elements, you may want to consider seriously tightening up what you offer so there isn't such a margin for 'error', or offer something entirely different that you know will sell with ease, if total sales are your priority.

Very good, I was just thinking about this lately... Good to see the idea written with such eloquence :-)

Hi guys,

If you read the Levels page, it also says "exceptional customer care, and community leadership."

I’ve just written a forum post about how you can offer exceptional customer care. Here it is http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/24784/treat-your-buyers-in-the-same-way-you-would-like-to-be-treated#Item_1

Then we have the ‘community leadership’ bit. This is the Fiverr community. Therefore, if you’re active and assisting other Fiverrites, that should cover that point, I hope.

Warm regards,

Jaymes

Guest itsyourthing
viser1000 said: Very good, I was just thinking about this lately... Good to see the idea written with such eloquence
Thank you!

However, my "eloquence" will never be offered as a Fiverr gig. I can't decide if the folks who offer good-quality writing gigs are amazingly organized and supremely lucky or just gluttons for punishment! :)

itsyourthing said: However, my "eloquence" will never be offered as a Fiverr gig.

Hmmm, maybe you can offer to rewrite content and make them more eloquent. Some people have great ideas but they find it hard to write them down in a way that a brilliant writer can...

itsyourthing said: I can't decide if the folks who offer good-quality writing gigs are amazingly organized and supremely lucky or just gluttons for punishment!

Maybe a combination of all these ^_^. You're organized so your workflow is fluid, a bit of luck so you get nice customers and sometimes do insane services for minimal fees just for the fun of staying up for a lot of hours and finishing a bunch of stuff on a single sitting while listening to horns and drums. Makes you feel like a samurai!

Guest itsyourthing
viser1000 said: Makes you feel like a samurai!

I guess I'm more of a ninja than a samurai. :) I do have one gig for writing or re-writing Fiverr gig descriptions. Since it's self-limited by the Fiverr input options, I figure buyers will only be able to make me a little crazy at a time. ;)

In the 'day job', I do a good bit of writing, but I get paid proportionately to the potential aggravation. $3.92 net, just doesn't pay for enough of my patience. And complicating gigs here with extras, multiple buys etc., just seems like asking for trouble.

Props to those who can do it with grace (and sanity). :)

itsyourthing said: Props to those who can do it with grace (and sanity).

Samurai do it for the honor, it's why they exist. Nevermind pragmatism, the main idea is living the Bushido code. Samurai methods are simplistic. Face your problems headon, take the difficult path to improve yourself, learn from everything and most of all, always see the job through.

Ninjas on the other hand are masked operatives who take advantage of stealth and subtlety to finish the job. If you are a ninja you have to be patient as the fortress would be loaded with traps and when you are stalking your mark you also need to wait for the perfect moment to strike.

Some ninjas thrive in subtlety and their job is to infiltrate social or political circles. Now this sort of ninja takes all the crap in on account of her mission. Maybe you are the writing Ninja! You can test yourself how much missions you can launch in a month as quickly and as graceful as possible (without succumbing to the lethal illusions of the dastardly sorcerer, "Insufferaboshi Clientsu") and level up until you are awarded the TRS title (True Ryu(dragon) Shinobi)! >:-)

celinedesigns said: Forget it if you think you are going to be a TRS with under 1k sales. This is the impression I got from the forum and CS.

Maybe you shouldn't think a lot about this and just do your best. It is hard to reach 1k sales yes but since you say you have lots of other jobs outside the site maybe you should be happy about the extra income which you can use to buy stuff that you like or keep as savings. See, if you don't mind working extra, an extra grand a month doesn't sound too bad eh? And if someday you are awarded TRS then that'd be substantially more money coming your way every month. And you also get a cool bragging rights badge, it's cool but if you try not to think about it too much maybe you can have more fun in the site! :-)

Archived