Question about Astrology & Readings?

vitjaz

I think that’s different. You’re not making any claims (or anything similar to things like astrology). If you’re designing something and do it in colours that you think look best or do it in the colours the buyer asks that no problem. If the buyer is unhappy with how something looks eg. colour-wise they can ask for changes etc. or can ask what you think are normally the best colours to use.

That’s different than asking for money for something with no proof that the category of it actually works (any more than chance etc.). With a design gig the buyer will get a design - what they paid for.

I have this strange feeling that we’ve discussed this before in that thread about a person who promised to make everyone a millionaire in 14 days for $5. Fiverr considers these gigs legitimate. People who want to buy these gigs are free to buy them. I’m not here to judge what makes them do that. That’s it.

A state of emergency with suspicious political undertones due to coronavirus is about to be declared here so I’ll just finish my final craft beer before all the bars get closed for weeks. 🙂

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have this strange feeling that we’ve discussed this before in that thread about a person who promised to make everyone a millionaire in 14 days for $5. Fiverr considers these gigs legitimate. People who want to buy these gigs are free to buy them. I’m not here to judge what makes them do that. That’s it.

A state of emergency with suspicious political undertones due to coronavirus is about to be declared here so I’ll just finish my final craft beer before all the bars get closed for weeks. 🙂

in that thread about a person who promised to make everyone a millionaire in 14 days for $5. Fiverr considers these gigs legitimate.

Fiverr didn’t consider that particular gig legitimate though I think - or at least the buyer was refunded by CS due to it not happening I think. I didn’t think that gig stayed active did it? Though that’s a bit off-topic because that gig wasn’t about astrology and readings - more of a spell gig I think.

edit: no I’ve just seen a similar gig. Maybe it was because of the “guarantee” that the gig mentioned had at the time of the order - maybe the guarantee was taken out.

in that thread about a person who promised to make everyone a millionaire in 14 days for $5. Fiverr considers these gigs legitimate.

Fiverr didn’t consider that particular gig legitimate though I think - or at least the buyer was refunded by CS due to it not happening I think. I didn’t think that gig stayed active did it? Though that’s a bit off-topic because that gig wasn’t about astrology and readings - more of a spell gig I think.

edit: no I’ve just seen a similar gig. Maybe it was because of the “guarantee” that the gig mentioned had at the time of the order - maybe the guarantee was taken out.

There are three pages of gigs to make you a millionaire.

There are three pages of gigs to make you a millionaire.

Do any of them guarantee it and have a money back guarantee? Do any guarantee it within about 10 to 14 days (10 for the review so they can say whether it worked and 14 days to get a refund?)?

Are there any that have reviewed and said they actually became a millionaire after buying a gig?

Do any of them guarantee it and have a money back guarantee? Do any guarantee it within about 10 to 14 days (10 for the review so they can say whether it worked and 14 days to get a refund?)?

Are there any that have reviewed and said they actually became a millionaire after buying a gig?

Do you want me to look at them all to find out? Some do say guaranteed with over 100 5 star reviews.

I’ve looked at one and there is a guarantee on becoming a millionaire within 3 months but I doubt anyone’s reviewed saying they have become one - I can’t see that and they only have about 10 days to review. I don’t know whether anyone would use the guarantee because if it’s months since the order Fiverr would probably refuse the refund. Buyers will probably wait 3 months and then either forget about it or would be refused a refund because it’s too long after the order.

Maybe there should be a similar one that did it within about 10 days so the buyer could get a refund more easily if they didn’t get what they ordered or review if it worked or not.

I’ve looked at one and there is a guarantee on becoming a millionaire within 3 months but I doubt anyone’s reviewed saying they have become one - I can’t see that and they only have about 10 days to review. I don’t know whether anyone would use the guarantee because if it’s months since the order Fiverr would probably refuse the refund. Buyers will probably wait 3 months and then either forget about it or would be refused a refund because it’s too long after the order.

Maybe there should be a similar one that did it within about 10 days so the buyer could get a refund more easily if they didn’t get what they ordered or review if it worked or not.

People seem happy. They leave great reviews. That’s about all we can tell.

It’s a bit of generalization with no factual evidence, though.

And yet no psychic has ever used a savvy marketing campaign to warn the future world of coronavirus, etc.

Personally, I can’t see how anyone can buy these services (no offence to those selling them) when it seems like pretty much all practitioners recently missed the next biggest thing since 9/11…

I mean, at some point people just have to get real.

I really think this is the best comment here AND I Can’t more agree with it!

Someone here asked me why i’m losing interest in fiverr? my question is it’s actually not interest is more trust which I had, so fiverr is comfortable selling and encouraging services that does not work and are here only in interest to take money from people.

And yet no psychic has ever used a savvy marketing campaign to warn the future world of coronavirus, etc.

This quote is my favorite here.

I think that if you go into that route you must be the real criminal. It’s playing with people emotions, caught them in moment of desperation and take their money like it’s nothing.

It’s my opinion and I strongly believe it’s wrong to have this in such a professional platform. I’m probably getting replies from psychics now, of course it’s their business! 🙂

Me as a buyer really appreciate good sellers, so btw I NEED LOGO DESIGNER, ANYONE HERE? 🙂

I think that’s different. You’re not making any claims (or anything similar to things like astrology). If you’re designing something and do it in colours that you think look best or do it in the colours the buyer asks that no problem. If the buyer is unhappy with how something looks eg. colour-wise they can ask for changes etc. or can ask what you think are normally the best colours to use.

That’s different than asking for money for something with no proof that the category of it actually works (any more than chance etc.). With a design gig the buyer will get a design - what they paid for.

If the buyer is unhappy with how something looks eg. colour-wise they can ask for changes etc. or can ask what you think are normally the best colours to use.

Indeed. 😑

I consistently get asked about how I can prove my services in SEO and Marketing so being asked questions are pretty fair enough for any service.

I just don’t see why this category gets more scrutiny than others seem to despite the fact that the big sellers seem to get less negative feedback than most categories do.

consistently get asked about how I can prove my services in SEO and Marketing so being asked questions are pretty fair enough for any service.

To prove SEO services and ‘READINGS’ its like saying , to prove you have friends / and to prove you have imaginary friends , both can be proved but not with facts. Don’t you think ? 🙂

Someone here asked me why i’m losing interest in fiverr? my question is it’s actually not interest is more trust which I had, so fiverr is comfortable selling and encouraging services that does not work and are here only in interest to take money from people.

I think that if you go into that route you must be the real criminal. It’s playing with people emotions, caught them in moment of desperation and take their money like it’s nothing.

It’s my opinion and I strongly believe it’s wrong to have this in such a professional platform. I’m probably getting replies from psychics now, of course it’s their business! 🙂

Me as a buyer really appreciate good sellers, so btw I NEED LOGO DESIGNER, ANYONE HERE? 🙂

I NEED LOGO DESIGNER, ANYONE HERE?

There is a giant (and I mean, GIANT) category for that on fiverr which you can browse through.

Also, no, we’re no psychics. At all.

I think that if you go into that route you must be the real criminal.

Woah, wait a second. That is a very bold statement.

Do I believe in it? No, I don’t.

Will I buy it? No, I wouldn’t because I simply don’t believe in it and I don’t need it.

However if we are going your route then all religions and churches are criminals because they are selling to you something that can not be proven.

People do need to believe in something whether you believe in it or not.

And despite you or me thinking that religions are the same criminal as readings still a lot of presidents support religion as an institution. So should you also say that you loose your trust in all presidents because they support religion?

Secondly it’s a marketplace and there is a rule of supply and demand. As long there will be demand for those gigs there also will be a supply for it :woman_shrugging:

People are free to believe whatever they want as long as they are not blaming others that their beliefs didn’t work.

It’s ironic you like the one category with more complaints than any on fiverr.

I’m sure there are no bad or fake logo designers right?

If there are the buyer can get a refund straight away or give a bad review. Unlike with the astrology & readings one.

If that’s the case wouldn’t it be because there are probably more logo gigs (or more logos delivered) than any other type of service on Fiverr? It was probably the most popular service in Fiverr’s recent slideshow thing.

I’m sure there are no bad or fake logo designers right?

If there are the buyer can get a refund straight away or give a bad review. Unlike with the astrology & readings one.

If that’s the case wouldn’t it be because there are probably more logo gigs (or more logos delivered) than any other type of service on Fiverr? It was probably the most popular service in Fiverr’s recent slideshow thing.

If that’s the case wouldn’t it be because there are probably more logo gigs than any other type of service on Fiverr?

It’s not because of that. Logos appear to be (to some) quick to make, easy to steal. Which attracts many people who have no skill, talent or ethics for that kind of job. The results are… well. They are the way you’d expect.

Just for some perspective on all this:

Astrology, fortune telling, oracles, superstitions, religions, are as old as mankind itself. Every country has them, every culture has some version of them. It serves one of the most basic human needs. To slam this type of service is to deny what being human is all about, the ability to question things and have a belief in things that can’t be seen.

It’s certainly part of our American culture to believe in all sorts of odd or strange or unorthodox things and we have the freedom to believe as we choose to.

Here was fortune telling in 1400 B.C. 👐
https://www.pbs.org/empires/thegreeks/background/7_p1.html

[attachment=47120:name]56d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca4678450765
56d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca4678450765
The Oracle at Delphi

7.jpg.96efd7d85e509f6f3b7ecc977958b4e1.jpg \ 10x1 The Oracle at Delphi from The Greeks documentary

Dating back to 1400 BC, the Oracle of Delphi was the most important shrine in all Greece, and in theory all Greeks respected its independence. Built around a sacred spring, Delphi was considered to be the omphalos - the center (literally navel) of the world.

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings, to when an empire declared war.|

cleardot.gif.fa8338b18fd749d073808f5eb7788a88.gif

If that’s the case wouldn’t it be because there are probably more logo gigs than any other type of service on Fiverr?

It’s not because of that. Logos appear to be (to some) quick to make, easy to steal. Which attracts many people who have no skill, talent or ethics for that kind of job. The results are… well. They are the way you’d expect.

Though considering it’s the most popular (I think) and most delivered service (gig type) you’d expect it to also have the most complaints too. Even if only a small percentage of the deliveries had issues you’d expect more complaints than other gigs just because there’s no other gig type that has that number of deliveries.

Though I don’t really see many recent complaints on the forum about them. Especially for what is the most popular/most delivered service.

Though considering it’s the most popular (I think) and most delivered service (gig type) you’d expect it to also have the most complaints too. Even if only a small percentage of the deliveries had issues you’d expect more complaints than other gigs just because there’s no other gig type that has that number of deliveries.

Though I don’t really see many recent complaints on the forum about them. Especially for what is the most popular/most delivered service.

You can try and appeal to statistics. I’m giving you a perspective from inside the industry. “Logo from fiverr” was a joke for a really long time before steps were made to encourage more expensive and high-quality work in that category.

Some people would like everyone to think and believe the exact things they themselves believe. That’s never going to happen.

Superstition is only acceptable if it’s a big religious organization.

Get a lot of people together with a preacher in a big fancy building and ask them all to donate while talking about the big man in the sky. That’s ok.

Just for some perspective on all this:

Astrology, fortune telling, oracles, superstitions, religions, are as old as mankind itself. Every country has them, every culture has some version of them. It serves one of the most basic human needs. To slam this type of service is to deny what being human is all about, the ability to question things and have a belief in things that can’t be seen.

It’s certainly part of our American culture to believe in all sorts of odd or strange or unorthodox things and we have the freedom to believe as we choose to.

Here was fortune telling in 1400 B.C. 👐

https://www.pbs.org/empires/thegreeks/background/7_p1.html

56d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca4678450765
The Oracle at Delphi

The Oracle at Delphi\ 10x1 The Oracle at Delphi from The Greeks documentary

Dating back to 1400 BC, the Oracle of Delphi was the most important shrine in all Greece, and in theory all Greeks respected its independence. Built around a sacred spring, Delphi was considered to be the omphalos - the center (literally navel) of the world.

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings, to when an empire declared war.|

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings,

Some of that could just be advice based on their experience. It doesn’t mean any ‘astrology’ type stuff or other stuff was true.

But for those sorts of things they can use science now to test which would be the best outcomes for different things. Unlike with astrology.

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings,

Some of that could just be advice based on their experience. It doesn’t mean any ‘astrology’ type stuff or other stuff was true.

But for those sorts of things they can use science now to test which would be the best outcomes for different things. Unlike with astrology.

That was to make a point you missed, that from ancient times fortune tellers were used. It was an oracle with an elaborate way of asking questions of it. It had nothing to do with astrology.

That was to make a point you missed, that from ancient times fortune tellers were used. It was an oracle with an elaborate way of asking questions of it. It had nothing to do with astrology.

The point is, with science, the accuracy of things can be tested, so it’s probably better to use that/things that have been scientifically tested/proved than accept things that haven’t been tested/proved etc. or where there’s no real reasoning behind it.

The point is, with science, the accuracy of things can be tested, so it’s probably better to use that/things that have been scientifically tested/proved than accept things that haven’t been tested/proved etc. or where there’s no real reasoning behind it.

it’s probably better to use that/things that have been scientifically tested/proved

You go right ahead if you feel that way and leave others to do what they feel is best for themselves. I’m sure you would agree we don’t all have to think alike. It’s nice to see someone without a religious affiliation.

it’s probably better to use that/things that have been scientifically tested/proved

You go right ahead if you feel that way and leave others to do what they feel is best for themselves. I’m sure you would agree we don’t all have to think alike. It’s nice to see someone without a religious affiliation.

Where did I mention religion?

Where did I mention religion?

You didn’t but I assume since you need scientific proof for everything that you are not believing in any religions. I’ve known scientists who feel like you do about needing scientific proof for everything and none of them had a religious affiliation. They were athiests. There is nothing wrong with that.

Archived