Question about Astrology & Readings?

vitjaz

You didn’t but I assume since you need scientific proof for everything that you are not believing in any religions. I’ve known scientists who feel like you do about needing scientific proof for everything and none of them had a religious affiliation. They were athiests. There is nothing wrong with that.

So don’t make untrue claims about me if you don’t know the facts please.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So don’t make untrue claims about me if you don’t know the facts please.

Well isn’t it true that we need scientific proof of things? I simply assumed you were of a scientific mindset so you wouldn’t believe in anything that couldn’t be proven.

You can’t have it where if someone else has a belief system it needs to be proven but if YOU have a belief system it does not need to be proven.

Well isn’t it true that we need scientific proof of things? I simply assumed you were of a scientific mindset so you wouldn’t believe in anything that couldn’t be proven.

You can’t have it where if someone else has a belief system it needs to be proven but if YOU have a belief system it does not need to be proven.

Things like “make you a millionaire within 3 months” can be tested easily or astrology can easily be tested to see if it works (eg. any more than chance). Since current scientific tests have, as far as I know, shown astrology to not work any more than chance (or basically no scientific basis for it), maybe I won’t really believe in that until it’s proved otherwise.

For religion that can’t be tested as well, or most of it. Science can’t currently prove or disprove whether god exists. It’s up to a person’s belief for that, usually.

Also the donation part of some religions is different than those claiming various other things work (eg. that can be proved scientifically not to) and making thousands of dollars from it. For the religion people are free to give as much or as little (or none) as they want. Should people be making tons of money from things they know don’t work? Or where science has proved don’t work? Like claiming people will be a millionaire in x amount of time if none of them become one and no one gets refunded (or basically that the vast majority buy something that doesn’t deliver what it said it would)?

Maybe there should be a new category for astrology type stuff where no claims are made. eg. where anyone could give their predictions. eg. they could be predictions with a scientific basis. Or maybe more disclaimers could be added.

Things like “make you a millionaire within 3 months” can be tested easily or astrology can easily be tested to see if it works (eg. any more than chance). Since current scientific tests have, as far as I know, shown astrology to not work any more than chance (or basically no scientific basis for it), maybe I won’t really believe in that until it’s proved otherwise.

For religion that can’t be tested as well, or most of it. Science can’t currently prove or disprove whether god exists. It’s up to a person’s belief for that, usually.

Also the donation part of some religions is different than those claiming various other things work (eg. that can be proved scientifically not to) and making thousands of dollars from it. For the religion people are free to give as much or as little (or none) as they want. Should people be making tons of money from things they know don’t work? Or where science has proved don’t work? Like claiming people will be a millionaire in x amount of time if none of them become one and no one gets refunded (or basically that the vast majority buy something that doesn’t deliver what it said it would)?

Maybe there should be a new category for astrology type stuff where no claims are made. eg. where anyone could give their predictions. eg. they could be predictions with a scientific basis. Or maybe more disclaimers could be added.

So if you don’t believe it don’t get your fortune told.

I don’t walk into organizations I don’t agree with and begin shouting “this is all fake.”

Just for some perspective on all this:

Astrology, fortune telling, oracles, superstitions, religions, are as old as mankind itself. Every country has them, every culture has some version of them. It serves one of the most basic human needs. To slam this type of service is to deny what being human is all about, the ability to question things and have a belief in things that can’t be seen.

It’s certainly part of our American culture to believe in all sorts of odd or strange or unorthodox things and we have the freedom to believe as we choose to.

Here was fortune telling in 1400 B.C. 👐

https://www.pbs.org/empires/thegreeks/background/7_p1.html

56d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca467845076556d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca4678450765
56d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca4678450765
The Oracle at Delphi
56d45f8a17f5078a20af9962c992ca4678450765

The Oracle at Delphi\ 10x1 The Oracle at Delphi from The Greeks documentary

Dating back to 1400 BC, the Oracle of Delphi was the most important shrine in all Greece, and in theory all Greeks respected its independence. Built around a sacred spring, Delphi was considered to be the omphalos - the center (literally navel) of the world.

People came from all over Greece and beyond to have their questions about the future answered by the Pythia, the priestess of Apollo. And her answers, usually cryptic, could determine the course of everything from when a farmer planted his seedlings, to when an empire declared war.|

Hey Misscrystal since I see you feel very hurt. I want to show you the James Randi who is a Canadian-American retired stage magician and a scientific skeptic who has extensively challenged paranormal and pseudoscientific claims.

check the video it will make your day better 🙂

And yes it is criminal selling EMPTY hope. ( This is my opinion and sory not sorry )

ALSO if people doing this would believe in their service as helpfull they would without any thinking offer REFUND if service would not work. But yeah… easy money I guess.

Hey Misscrystal since I see you feel very hurt. I want to show you the James Randi who is a Canadian-American retired stage magician and a scientific skeptic who has extensively challenged paranormal and pseudoscientific claims.

check the video it will make your day better 🙂

And yes it is criminal selling EMPTY hope. ( This is my opinion and sory not sorry )

ALSO if people doing this would believe in their service as helpfull they would without any thinking offer REFUND if service would not work. But yeah… easy money I guess.

it is criminal

Believe or not. It’s your choice. No need to call sellers criminals.

You can try and appeal to statistics. I’m giving you a perspective from inside the industry. “Logo from fiverr” was a joke for a really long time before steps were made to encourage more expensive and high-quality work in that category.

A lot of strange replies from you, specially the one for logo service. Every business have their logo to represent, I checked your profile and find that you’re not very far from logo designer. Funny…

A lot of strange replies from you, specially the one for logo service. Every business have their logo to represent, I checked your profile and find that you’re not very far from logo designer. Funny…

I’m pretty far from a logo designer at the moment but thank you for your assessment of my work and the quality of my replies. Have a nice day. 🙂

I’m pretty far from a logo designer at the moment but thank you for your assessment of my work and the quality of my replies. Have a nice day. 🙂

Thanks for such a cute and honest wishes! To you as well. You’re flyer designer same cenzored different bull. ( GRAPHIC DESIGNER ) can be logo or FLYER designer. Anyway I worked with someone for flyers and it turned out it’s even easier thing to do then LOGO 🙂 * I THINK 3 DAYS AGO*

Making flyers is indeed easier than a good quality logo, though. I literally never said it wasn’t. I am, in fact, a big advocate for quality, well-compensated logo work on fiverr.

Man, these posts are always the same. Start with “genuine concerns”, end with thinly veiled insults. It’s like there is a template for it somewhere. Now seriously, I got some last minute quarantine panic shopping to do.

Archived