Is Fiverr Dying? level 2, low traffic (SOLVED)

yassinegraphics

Couldn’t you multiply the number of reviews by about 1.262

How did you get that “formula”?

How many orders do you have that were not reviewed?

How many orders do you think I got this month?

Based on this thread: What Is Your Rated Order Percentage?

where the average of the 5 is about 79.2%

About 27% of the total.

It doesn’t give accurate figures for dates once it gets to about a month, and even when it gets to weeks it isn’t that accurate. But for an all-time total, maybe about 9164 (very roughly)?

I don’t know whether all the “1 month ago” reviews should be included or only up to the one labelled “4 weeks ago” for the “last month”. But there should be way to determine a rough figure for the last month, based on the number of reviews for the last month and the average rated percentage.

edit: And like I said, taking into account “recent delivery” might also help. eg. if their recent delivery was >a month ago, you know they’d not had any orders in the last month that were delivered (and the number in the queue could also be checked if wanted).

About 27% of the total.

It doesn’t give accurate figures for dates once it gets to about a month, and even when it gets to weeks it isn’t that accurate. But for an all-time total, maybe about 9164 (very roughly)?

I don’t know whether all the “1 month ago” reviews should be included or only up to the one labelled “4 weeks ago” for the “last month”. But there should be way to determine a rough figure for the last month, based on the number of reviews for the last month and the average rated percentage.

edit: And like I said, taking into account “recent delivery” might also help. eg. if their recent delivery was >a month ago, you know they’d not had any orders in the last month that were delivered (and the number in the queue could also be checked if wanted).

Everyone’s percentage of rated orders is going to be vastly different. And it’s going to fluctuate all the time.

Everyone’s percentage of rated orders is going to be vastly different. And it’s going to fluctuate all the time.

If should work if what you want is an approx correct answer. At least more correct than just going with the number of reviews. Maybe different categories have a different average of % of rated orders and that could also be taken into account.

edit: Maybe there are a lower percentage of reviews now that the seller can leave a review on the buyer’s profile though, if the buyer leaves a review.

If should work if what you want is an approx correct answer. At least more correct than just going with the number of reviews. Maybe different categories have a different average of % of rated orders and that could also be taken into account.

edit: Maybe there are a lower percentage of reviews now that the seller can leave a review on the buyer’s profile though, if the buyer leaves a review.

Maybe there are a lower percentage of reviews now that the seller can leave a review on the buyer’s profile though, if the buyer leaves a review.

I do think this is the case.

Couldn’t you multiply the number of reviews by about 1.262

About 30 (or slightly over) in the last 30 days.

About 30 (or slightly over) in the last 30 days.

Nice try, Frank is smarter than me and won’t get sucked into an argument. He’s had more than 30 reviews in the past month. Or you probably didn’t count the ones that said one month ago. Anyway based on mine, it’s not possible to tell how many I’ve had. And my sales vary a lot from month to month.

Nice try, Frank is smarter than me and won’t get sucked into an argument. He’s had more than 30 reviews in the past month. Or you probably didn’t count the ones that said one month ago. Anyway based on mine, it’s not possible to tell how many I’ve had. And my sales vary a lot from month to month.

Yes I don’t count the ones that say “1 month ago” (since it could be up to about 1.5 months ago I think) - I’m only counting up to “4 weeks ago” for that estimate (though maybe there’s a better/more accurate way). Also it depends if/when the seller reviewed the buyer for the orders, but I think in this case it was done within a day of the buyer’s review. If they don’t review the buyer, the buyer’s review will be published about 10 days after I think.

Nice try, Frank is smarter than me and won’t get sucked into an argument

With the post above I’ve just answered the question that he asked me. If someone asks a question, giving an answer isn’t arguing.

To be honest, I think this thread has been a bit too savage.

OP, you should have mentioned your absence an the fact that you went AWOL without going into vacation mode. As it is, all those 1-star reviews are going to be a major thorn in your side. However, you are seemingly getting new orders.

If I were you I would now use time that you don’t have orders to revamp your gigs, research new gig ideas, create more, and state in each why you have so many automatic 1-star reviews and assure your clients that you are once again open for business.

… and how is the OP going to guarantee that it won’t happen again …?

That’s the big question. It’s so irresponsible that I’m amazed fiverr didn’t shut down his profile. I’m sure he had a good reason. But on the other hand, a lot of people were inconvenienced and given a bad impression of the site when they placed orders and never got what they paid for.

I mean I know people go into comas or have intractable depression, or have such severe money problems they can’t afford internet service or a computer and I’m very sympathetic. Or have serious car accidents that leave them so injured it takes a year to have physical therapy or get independent again. So I understand it’s not always possible to answer messages and orders, so if it’s one of these situations or something equally severe I apologize for sounding harsh.

No one can blame you if you had some catastrophic thing happen that left you unable to function on fiverr.

Well, they could promise to never ever die and assure people that they have become magically impervious to misfortune. Or they could just say, something like: "I was a victim of a shooting last year in my home state, and I have been away from Fiverr as a result. Now, I am fully recovered and once again open for business."

Most people would not then want further reassurance that the OP will not get themselves shot again in the future.

Of course, that is just an example. The OP has stated that this was a personal matter and it seems that they do not want to discuss it. In this case, how or even if they add a brief disclaimer to their gigs is up to them.

That’s the big question. It’s so irresponsible that I’m amazed fiverr didn’t shut down his profile. I’m sure he had a good reason. But on the other hand, a lot of people were inconvenienced and given a bad impression of the site when they placed orders and never got what they paid for.

I mean I know people go into comas or have intractable depression, or have such severe money problems they can’t afford internet service or a computer and I’m very sympathetic. Or have serious car accidents that leave them so injured it takes a year to have physical therapy or get independent again. So I understand it’s not always possible to answer messages and orders, so if it’s one of these situations or something equally severe I apologize for sounding harsh.

No one can blame you if you had some catastrophic thing happen that left you unable to function on fiverr.

Fiverr could just automatically put people into out of office mode if they don’t log in/perform an action like refreshing a page while logged in for a certain amount of time, eg. 60 days. That would have helped prevent some of those cancellations.

If only people knew what I’ve gone through in the past seven years and still worked continually… but I was still physically able to work a computer and cast spells so I was lucky. I guess it could have been worse. I almost died last year, from a freak chemical accident and kept working. I’ve had our town and every surrounding town go without internet for weeks and somehow kept working by moving temporarily. But I know I was lucky in those cases that I could figure out how to continue. Some situations would have been even worse.

• 1 month later...

To be honest, I think this thread has been a bit too savage.

OP, you should have mentioned your absence an the fact that you went AWOL without going into vacation mode. As it is, all those 1-star reviews are going to be a major thorn in your side. However, you are seemingly getting new orders.

If I were you I would now use time that you don’t have orders to revamp your gigs, research new gig ideas, create more, and state in each why you have so many automatic 1-star reviews and assure your clients that you are once again open for business.

Hi again, i saved my account thanks to your tips and your positive energy, thank you very much, you are a good human being. i will always pray for you man. Thank you again.

Hi again, i saved my account thanks to your tips and your positive energy, thank you very much, you are a good human being. i will always pray for you man. Thank you again.

i saved my account thanks to your tips and your positive energy,

Most people say I’m too negative. However, I am pleased that a few positive words have made your world a little bit brighter. I’m afraid, though, that I can’t accept prayers as payment.

What you will need to do now is calculate on a score of 1 to 10 how much brighter I have made your existence. When you have settled on a number, this will be how many thousands of dollars you owe me. 😉

Or you can just help the next needy or homeless person you meet in a “passing it on” kind of way. 😉

I’m really pleased you are back on your feet!

Archived