Buyer wants to cancel the order after delivery

htasmeem

That’s why you should never do projects on Fiverr that take that long. It’s very risky and the stakes are high, plus there’s no point if you’re not paying to cover the hours you’re spending.

All my gigs take at least 3 days!!! I agree - ask him what else you can do. Tell him to be specific. Tell him you will do whatever it takes to make him happy (may not be quite true!!). Tell him you think your job is quality and you are the expert and he is not (I have this problem a lot!). And then forget about him and get on with life.

All my gigs take at least 3 days!!! I agree - ask him what else you can do. Tell him to be specific. Tell him you will do whatever it takes to make him happy (may not be quite true!!). Tell him you think your job is quality and you are the expert and he is not (I have this problem a lot!). And then forget about him and get on with life.

Tell him you will do whatever it takes to make him happy

I actually said not to do this. We aren’t slaves.

Don’t cancel the order. But the next time before you deliver the work. Ask the buyer if he or she is fully satisfied first before delivering the order.

In this case you can have something against the buyer if they try to blackmail you. Let’s say for example when you asked the buyer if he liked the order and he said, “Yeah, I like it and I think is wonder. You can deliver.” Then after delivering the buyer requests for a cancellation, you can send the screenshot of the message showing the buyer was satisfied to the CS.

That will give you some advantage over the buyer in the Resolution Center.

Tell him you will do whatever it takes to make him happy

I actually said not to do this. We aren’t slaves.

We are in fact slaves to some silly rules that Fiverr has. Cancelling and being late - even thought it is unreasonable and out of your control - can have devastating effects on your marketing and business on Fiverr.

What if he gets angrier due to this repeated denials and reports my account? Isn’t that something to be worried about? What do you propose in this kind of situation?

What if he gets angrier due to this repeated denials and reports my account? Isn’t that something to be worried about? What do you propose in this kind of situation?

If you did nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear. CS will tell them to work it out with you and CS will tell you to work it out with them. @misscrystal said she pressed the decline disput button over 50 times before one buyer gave up!

We are in fact slaves to some silly rules that Fiverr has. Cancelling and being late - even thought it is unreasonable and out of your control - can have devastating effects on your marketing and business on Fiverr.

That’s not what I meant by “we aren’t slaves.”

You said that you agreed with me that we should always make the buyer happy and I never ever said that.

You think that is good advice but it isn’t and it doesn’t prevent problems with buyers. It just tells them you’ll let them manipulate you.

Comparing the level system to slavery is offensive and illogical. No one forces you to be here.

That’s not what I meant by “we aren’t slaves.”

You said that you agreed with me that we should always make the buyer happy and I never ever said that.

You think that is good advice but it isn’t and it doesn’t prevent problems with buyers. It just tells them you’ll let them manipulate you.

Comparing the level system to slavery is offensive and illogical. No one forces you to be here.

I do let them manipulate me - I have to, they have too much power. Economic circumstances forces me to be here - and I do alright thanks.

I do let them manipulate me - I have to, they have too much power. Economic circumstances forces me to be here - and I do alright thanks.

I do let them manipulate me - I have to, they have too much power.

Then you have a lot to learn about business.

Economic circumstances forces me to be here

You can be here and respect yourself at the same time.

We are not slaves to our buyers. There are many ways to mitigate the impact of the things that are unfair about this place.

I do let them manipulate me - I have to, they have too much power.

Then you have a lot to learn about business.

Economic circumstances forces me to be here

You can be here and respect yourself at the same time.

We are not slaves to our buyers. There are many ways to mitigate the impact of the things that are unfair about this place.

I have been in business for a long time. Most of my gigs are advising people about business!

So tell me how to mitigate those things which are unfair - because they have cost me a fortune in right now and in the past.

They could save me thousands every year.

Maybe if you didn’t have this attitude you wouldn’t have so many issues with buyers.

Successful business people focus on things they can control.

What attitude? Trying hard to deliver a good service? Successful business people control what they can control and monitor what they cannot control - it’s in all the business text books. I cannot control the crass stupidity and arrogance of a new Fiverr customer.

I regret my apparent condescension. I do not know you. I wonder if you have some insights. Most - almost all my gigs - require discussion with my buyer. I ask awkward questions. Sometimes people take a while to reply. Sometimes they ignore the request for extension time - why do they care? And the extension request is not well done by Fiverr who do not make the point. And this even happens with people who are more than delighted with what they get. And so I go down levels losing both kudos, ability to list all my gigs and reduction in Buyer Requests. I get a lot of orders from Buyer Requests - I have sent over 2000 of them with a level of success. So how do I get over that?

Archived