Possible scam? You guys tell me

axelthetired

Yesterday and today I’ve had some dude hit me up offering x amount of money a month all I have to do is call him on ■■■■■ and he’ll tell me more. It seems extremely fishy

“Hello
I wanna make a deal with you for a long time and I would like to pay you $150 every month
It’s very simple and easy for you
If you are interested in it, contact me on google hangouts or ■■■■■
And I will have a call on there
My Gmail: [redacted for post purposes]
My ■■■■■: [redacted for post purposes]
Hope to talk to you soon
Best Regards”

If someone can’t tell you what they want you to do for them on Fiverr, it’s most probably about something that’s against Fiverr’s ToS. Also, contact off-Fiverr is against Fiverr’s ToS.
Usually, something like that message means they want you to open an account for them on some other platform, which is against that platform’s ToS, and, you guessed it, thereby against Fiverr’s ToS.

Safest course of action: reply briefly something like “Sorry, I can’t help you with that” (because some people’s response rate will suffer if they don’t reply, even if it says it won’t) and then report.

Good you weren’t tired enough to fall for that scam 😉 and welcome to the forum!

Yesterday and today I’ve had some dude hit me up offering x amount of money a month all I have to do is call him on ■■■■■ and he’ll tell me more. It seems extremely fishy

“Hello

I wanna make a deal with you for a long time and I would like to pay you $150 every month

It’s very simple and easy for you

If you are interested in it, contact me on google hangouts or ■■■■■

And I will have a call on there

My Gmail: [redacted for post purposes]

My ■■■■■: [redacted for post purposes]

Hope to talk to you soon

Best Regards”

all I have to do is call him on ■■■■■ and he’ll tell me more.

Be aware of breaking terms & Conditions.

If someone can’t tell you what they want you to do for them on Fiverr, it’s most probably about something that’s against Fiverr’s ToS. Also, contact off-Fiverr is against Fiverr’s ToS.

Usually, something like that message means they want you to open an account for them on some other platform, which is against that platform’s ToS, and, you guessed it, thereby against Fiverr’s ToS.

Safest course of action: reply briefly something like “Sorry, I can’t help you with that” (because some people’s response rate will suffer if they don’t reply, even if it says it won’t) and then report.

Good you weren’t tired enough to fall for that scam 😉 and welcome to the forum!

See, that’s what I figured. I wasn’t gonna go for it regardless but this pretty much sealed it. Thank you 🙂

Archived