Throw a Sale feature would be nice!

The second it gets introduced, we’ll get sellers demanding to lower the starting $5 price so they can sell their work for $4 on Christmas and Mother’s Day.

Fiverr’s sellers at large don’t need a tool to lower prices. If anything, fiverr needs free classes on price formation and daily motivational talks on valuing your work (while also being realistic about its quality, for sure).

You can run your own sale. It’ll involve changing the gig image and rewriting the description. People do it all the time.

I’d love to be able to occasionally offer a sale on my services… without having to edit my prices manually. It’d be great to have a Throw a Sale button, name it, decide the discount, and maybe even choose a temporary Gig photo or banner, too.

o be able to occasionally offer a sale on my serv

I like the way it currently is. The buyer will constantly ask for discounts even after the promotion ends. Once you work for a low price then it is difficult to convince the buyer for regular higher price.

This is similar to the threads where people say they want to give their work away free.

How is “$10 off your order of $100 or more” anywhere close to giving work away for free?

Again, dentists and other professions do offer discounted services. Usually, it’s with specific limitations ($100 off $500 or more in dental work); however, my local dentist is currently offering 20% off all General Dentistry. I’ve also looked up my plumber who currently has discounts of $50 off plumbing repair. They, too, are losing money in favor of generating goodwill, which is a legitimate business strategy.

Your very post says “we are no different from” these professionals, yet you continue to insist that we need to be held at some arbitrary higher standard.

How is “$10 off your order of $100 or more” anywhere close to giving work away for free?

Again, dentists and other professions do offer discounted services. Usually, it’s with specific limitations ($100 off $500 or more in dental work); however, my local dentist is currently offering 20% off all General Dentistry. I’ve also looked up my plumber who currently has discounts of $50 off plumbing repair. They, too, are losing money in favor of generating goodwill, which is a legitimate business strategy.

Your very post says “we are no different from” these professionals, yet you continue to insist that we need to be held at some arbitrary higher standard.

I totally agree with you. That feature if added would be really amazing.

“I’m not here to argue, but if you want to offer a sale, you’re a desperate, cheap, groveling, unprofessional beggar who will humiliate themselves in a race to the bottom.”

You say you’re not here to argue, but at the same time, your word choice is provocative. Not once did I use insults to support my point of view; I only offered counterpoints and evidence to support my thinking.

Archived