Is my gig any good?

fillib26

There’s a lot that’s good about your Gig. That’s probably why nobody replied to your previous threads – there weren’t many obvious suggestions to be made.

You could strengthen your description by talking more about the benefits of your service. At the moment, you only list what you do. We know people don’t pay money for services; they pay money for the benefits of those services (attention, peace of mind). Lots of people will come to your Gig knowing the benefits your service offers, but you may find it beneficial to state them explicitly nonetheless.

Also, your packages section is confusing. But, and this is a big but, I know you ask people to contact you before ordering, so I’m sure you’re able to direct them to the proper package once they contact you. My worry is that somebody will order your basic package and hand you a task worthy of your premium package, simply because they didn’t know better (and didn’t bother to message you). You’ll be left in a predicament then: do the work for less money, hope the buyer pays the added fee, or cancel.

Also, your premium package offers unlimited revisions. Those can be trouble. Somebody on this forum called @maitasun has a saying (well she has many sayings, but this is the only one that makes sense): Unlimited revisions = unlimited headaches.

Somebody on this forum called @maitasun has a saying (well she has many sayings, but this is the only one that makes sense)

See you in my office in ten minutes, I need to reevaluate you and adjust your medication… 🧐

Somebody on this forum called @maitasun has a saying (well she has many sayings, but this is the only one that makes sense)

See you in my office in ten minutes, I need to reevaluate you and adjust your medication… 🧐

See, Fillib26, other than that one saying, I can’t understand a word she says. 🤨

I ain’t getting any orders

You’re not doing badly. You’ve earned two orders in your first month.

It’ll take time to grow. You’ll probably need to make tweaks now and again to perfect your Gig. These tweaks won’t always be obvious at first.

Also your gig doesn’t seem to list any limits for the duration of the edited video created or the amount of footage the buyer can give you to edit, or any limits on file sizes. Maybe some people would also want 4K video edited but it says you deliver in full HD.

See, Fillib26, other than that one saying, I can’t understand a word she says. 🤨

I ain’t getting any orders

You’re not doing badly. You’ve earned two orders in your first month.

It’ll take time to grow. You’ll probably need to make tweaks now and again to perfect your Gig. These tweaks won’t always be obvious at first.

Is the description any better? I feel like I made it worse. Thanks so much for the feedback btw, optimizing the little things can be a pain in the bum, especially when I don’t know if it’s downgrade haha.

Some animated titles would be awesome on that video. Sell your service as it plays.

Make it uniquely yours. kick up your prices. Hardly seems worth starting windows 10 and your

video suite for $5

I was thinking of adding titles I just haven’t found a place to put them. As for the prices, since I’m starting out I wanna make it as cheap as possible so that later when I get more reviews I’ll have more confidence to increase my rates. Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Also your gig doesn’t seem to list any limits for the duration of the edited video created or the amount of footage the buyer can give you to edit, or any limits on file sizes. Maybe some people would also want 4K video edited but it says you deliver in full HD.

That makes sense, I should get on that. Thanks for the advice 🙂

I feel much better today. I’ve been having violent arm spasms, but my desire to talk back has gone. I assume that means the new medication is working? 😉

Is the description any better? I feel like I made it worse. Thanks so much for the feedback btw, optimizing the little things can be a pain in the bum, especially when I don’t know if it’s downgrade haha.

Your updated description better describes your product, which is good. You haven’t spoken much about the benefits of your product yet, but don’t stress too much. You don’t have to do that right away.

Over the coming months, think about what your customers are looking for when they buy video editing. Think about how you’re able to deliver what they want.

When you’re clear on that, include the information somewhere in your Gig – video, description, FAQ.

There’s a saying amongst salespeople: don’t sell the product sell the solution. Your Gig is the solution to many people’s wants and needs. You have to make that clear to them. 🙂

I feel much better today. I’ve been having violent arm spasms, but my desire to talk back has gone. I assume that means the new medication is working? 😉

Your updated description better describes your product, which is good. You haven’t spoken much about the benefits of your product yet, but don’t stress too much. You don’t have to do that right away.

Over the coming months, think about what your customers are looking for when they buy video editing. Think about how you’re able to deliver what they want.

When you’re clear on that, include the information somewhere in your Gig – video, description, FAQ.

There’s a saying amongst salespeople: don’t sell the product sell the solution. Your Gig is the solution to many people’s wants and needs. You have to make that clear to them. 🙂

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling much better 🙂 Anyway, please don’t worry, you know you can always count on me if you should need to be adjusted again. 👿

As for your arm spasms, what can I say… There’s no way you can have it all, but don’t worry, you’ll learn to live with it. 😅

By the way, @fillib26 hasn’t yet followed your, mine 😈, “only making sense” advice of getting rid of the unlimited revisions offered in his Premium package, and also hasn’t set the time limit on his Standard & Premium packages as per @uk1000 suggestion. 😬

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling much better 🙂 Anyway, please don’t worry, you know you can always count on me if you should need to be adjusted again. 👿

As for your arm spasms, what can I say… There’s no way you can have it all, but don’t worry, you’ll learn to live with it. 😅

By the way, @fillib26 hasn’t yet followed your, mine 😈, “only making sense” advice of getting rid of the unlimited revisions offered in his Premium package, and also hasn’t set the time limit on his Standard & Premium packages as per @uk1000 suggestion. 😬

I understand London has been very hot these past days, that must have messed with the prescribed dose.

Yes! Although, I went for an unscheduled swim a couple of days ago, which was quite pleasant. I won’t tell the person who pushed me in that I enjoyed it. I haven’t finished guilt-tripping them yet. 😬

By the way, @fillib26 hasn’t yet followed your, mine 😈, “only making sense” advice of getting rid of the unlimited revisions offered in his Premium package

Who would dare to ignore the advice of somebody who shoots fire from her eyes?!

@fillib26, it’s definitely worth reconsidering the unlimited revisions thing. Type “unlimited revisions” into the search bar and read some of the horror stories. Some sellers had to work with clients for months all because they promised unlimited revisions.

I understand London has been very hot these past days, that must have messed with the prescribed dose.

Yes! Although, I went for an unscheduled swim a couple of days ago, which was quite pleasant. I won’t tell the person who pushed me in that I enjoyed it. I haven’t finished guilt-tripping them yet. 😬

By the way, @fillib26 hasn’t yet followed your, mine 😈, “only making sense” advice of getting rid of the unlimited revisions offered in his Premium package

@fillib26, it’s definitely worth reconsidering the unlimited revisions thing. Type “unlimited revisions” into the search bar and read some of the horror stories. Some sellers had to work with clients for months all because they promised unlimited revisions.

I’m so sorry to hear that… 😬 I hope by now you have dried out. :sweat_smile: And you’re soooo right, that shouldn’t be done to no one… 😝

Don’t tempt the devil, look that I’m very sweet… I’m sure you would deslike garlic lollipops, ain’t so? 🤨

Yes, and don’t forget, about nasty buyers asking for huge amount of whatever for x dollars - more over if @fillib26 hasn’t set a time limit on each package. 😬

I need to reevaluate you and adjust your medication…

Duck and cover @ahmwritingco, there is a pineapple on your way.

Archived