What else can I do to improve my Gig and get an order?

divellish

I’m still new to Fiverr, but I’ve done my research, read the new seller tips threads and blog posts, improved my Gig as much as I can, and shared it on social media. Still no luck getting an order. :frowning_face: I’ve also seen people talk about Buyer Requests but I’m not seeing/getting any matches? I don’t know how to activate this, though.

Here is my first and only gig for now: https://www.fiverr.com/share/PX5rG
What do you think? What else can I change? Is it convincing enough for a buyer to take a chance on a Fiverr newbie?

Critiques and advice are highly appreciated!

You could mention what the cost of the commercial use license costs. Ideally Fiverr should show that before an order is placed and before the item is added to the cart. Maybe show a slightly higher res picture if that is a selling point. You could also add a .pdf or gig info video to show more examples. You’ll probably see more BR with more gigs in more categories. You could add a gig for other types of paintings.

You could mention what the cost of the commercial use license costs. Ideally Fiverr should show that before an order is placed and before the item is added to the cart. Maybe show a slightly higher res picture if that is a selling point. You could also add a .pdf or gig info video to show more examples. You’ll probably see more BR with more gigs in more categories. You could add a gig for other types of paintings.

Thank you! I applied some of the changes you suggested, like adding the commercial license cost to the FAQ and updating my sample photos. Apparently, downsizing my images to exactly 550 x 370 px makes them look crisper in the gallery preview. 😮

Thank you! I applied some of the changes you suggested, like adding the commercial license cost to the FAQ and updating my sample photos. Apparently, downsizing my images to exactly 550 x 370 px makes them look crisper in the gallery preview. 😮

What I meant was really a higher total image size - that would let the buyers see the example images more clearly after clicking on them, as they most likely would if they were interested in purchasing.

I think you need more previews. Especially considering that you don’t have a live portfolio yet. You can fit 2 artworks into one preview image and ideally they should look different from one another to show the variety.

It’s portraits so you have to give every potential buyer an opportunity to see themselves (their original character or a loved one) in what you offer. People often look for ridiculously specific things so you’re giving yourself more chances by expanding the range.

Archived