My first month as a seller on Fiverr

jeremyc1992

I’ve been selling on Fiverr for about a month now and I thought I’d share my experience and overall thoughts on the platform so far.

Diving in, I wasn’t expecting a whole lot to happen during my first months as a new seller. I knew that it would be hard to get orders without any reviews and that I’d have to sell my services at a lower rate than I’d like. Going in with this mentality has really helped me stay committed and motivated as a new seller because things played out exactly as I had expected!

In the past month, I’ve completed 3 orders, made $12, and learned a few things about how Fiverr works. I learned the hard way that the response rate will drop if you don’t reply to a message in your inbox, even if you message them back on the order page instead. Due to that mistake, my response rate is down to 75%, but everything else is in the green!

I have had a few spam messages here and there so I created a quick response that I can send them and then I report the message as spam. But other than that, I have just been spending most of my days with my browser open to my Dashboard while I make tweaks to my gig, browse the Fiverr forum, or answer questions on sites like Quora.

Right now, my account is restricted because Fiverr didn’t recognize my Driver’s License as a valid form of ID or something like that for the identity verification and I tried it too many times, so while I wait for customer service to get back to me, I’m here, writing this!

Hopefully business will pick up more next month. I’m considering adding a few more gigs to my profile now that I’m comfortable with my existing gig and I have a good idea about best practices for a quality gig. In the meantime, I’m going to be working on promoting my gig and learning new skills to expand my services. I’m looking forward to another month on Fiverr!

Archived