Account Disabled.Blind Review (Funny).(GRAPHIC DESIGNERS)

nick_dezine

Thanks you guys for new guide.

@cyaxrex 's post is just great.

If you ever got your account back, why don’t you mention in your gig description that

there is a slight chance that my designs can share similarities with other existing logos I am not aware of, and if this ever happens, you are kindly requested to talk to me about it and I will revise the logo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@cyaxrex 's post is just great.

If you ever got your account back, why don’t you mention in your gig description that

there is a slight chance that my designs can share similarities with other existing logos I am not aware of, and if this ever happens, you are kindly requested to talk to me about it and I will revise the logo

great support guys every one on this thread.Thanks for guiding me.Yes great idea i can mentioned in my gig or in F.A.Q .This is new lesson learned.we have to avoid them before it’s happen.

Hi fiverr sellers

i am graphic designer and from last 3 years i am working on fiverr.

Yesterday fiverr disabled my account.it took me 3 years to build nice 5 star positive reviews profile on fiverr.i done totally 500+ logo orders on fiverr.None of the buyers never rated me even 4.All was 5 stars prositive reviews.Repeated buyers and tipped me over $60+ .i designed my portfolio by my own.

i had some bad experience and few scammers who just wanted money back.

But this situation is totally different.

But Few days ago a guy order $10 gig (my basic gig package).he only provided me few information but it was enough to design logo.his logo name was limelights.his business was about renting lights for events.

few hours of brain stroming what i can do in $10.so i was thinking about his work looking at the logo name two “ll” lights.then idea pop up.Rough ideas.Start checking out with some fonts.

so i designed a logo as two light bulbs check in attached picture

version 2

version 3

.this is my inspiration and my own idea.i worked as graphic designer.i did not even looked at the web or google any idea.i provided him 3 variations.To design this logo you can see two light bulbs look like 2 LL as lime lights.i checked free fonts directory and used these fonts “Belle Allure” check font link - https://www.dafont.com/belle-allure.font?text=ll

and check picture

two “ll” was pretty much look like a two lights bulbs so i thought let’s just show to him.As a graphic designer i always do my best and show every possible and minimal design to the buyer.If he don’t like just can ask for revisions.But always make first impression.

as you can see above in pictures i designed 3 variations.As he provided in his little information color green.I provided in 3 different green colors.

.i delivered it on time.i delivered these logos and explained to him why i designed this logo concepts and how it’s meaningful for your business.Fully explained.I waited for 3 days. But no response and after 5-6 days he come back and left his reviews.

i started thinking he definitely left 5 stars.because logo was great.so we can not see reviews because we are blind. lol .i left my reviews as 5 star and full 5 star for buyer .and then his reviews pop up 1 star with Claiming that logo was copied from other company called lavalife.

so i quickly searched on web lavalife and it’s a dating app - http://www.lavalife.com/ .

i thought Ohhhhhhhh sometime logo matched.buyer can ask for revision.In $10 honestly who will check all logo databases and how it’s got matched i am surprised.i explained him he can ask for revisions. but he started talking crazy like said to me “i like to see you in jail”.i wanted to refund if possible.But he started talking crazy and i said ok and blocked him.everything was going very smooth i got more orders and 5 star reviews again no problem at.All happy customers.Then fiverr refunded and cancelled his order i open up my mobile fiverr app and unable to sign in.then opened my laptop they said account disabled .even after his 1 star review i requested to customer support and explained everything.this is just happened.i wish if they can think how i designed this logo.before this order i did not know about lavalife is a dating app.i think i have to start dating now and forget about fiverr.

Please, graphic designers , your welcome share your thoughts what to do now.

Is there any way to get my account back?

This is Honest story.

---------------- NEW UPDATE : well guysthanks for your support and understanding and standing with me.But nothing in our hands. i am editing it.because fiverr is not place for me.i started here with a hope.But it’s better for me to move on to another platform.Check when i tried to explained this is what they do.They don’t understand .they are not graphic designers So they have to remove graphic design section in fiverr.

capture-20190228-211819

Thanks

Nick

said to me “i like to see you in jail”

😂 sound crazzy for 10$ but beside joking its really bad situation that you had. hope for getting it back please share all this to fiverr support . Good luck

Did the CS reply you yet @nick_dezine? I have a friend did having a very similar situation like yours. Even we, designers, do all the tip and trick, willingness doing revision, going extra mile, black & white image google search, logo archive search, there maybe be similar logo somewhere in the world. The thing is, companies may work in different industry; also, logo design industry have a lot of common creative approaches and ideas used all the time, it’s also the way how shapes are drawn, how letters are set, or drawn that make each logo unique… and the thing is, some people might just do everything like “crazy” just to get a free design. Personally I think If he/she has good purpose behind, he/she would open with your explanation and open to revision when you offered instead of “was mad” at you.
Wish you all the bests, and I hope you can create a case study after this situation :hugs:

Did the CS reply you yet @nick_dezine? I have a friend did having a very similar situation like yours. Even we, designers, do all the tip and trick, willingness doing revision, going extra mile, black & white image google search, logo archive search, there maybe be similar logo somewhere in the world. The thing is, companies may work in different industry; also, logo design industry have a lot of common creative approaches and ideas used all the time, it’s also the way how shapes are drawn, how letters are set, or drawn that make each logo unique… and the thing is, some people might just do everything like “crazy” just to get a free design. Personally I think If he/she has good purpose behind, he/she would open with your explanation and open to revision when you offered instead of “was mad” at you.

Wish you all the bests, and I hope you can create a case study after this situation :hugs:

Thanks sinsin for your support.Yes CS replied to me.Even i provided everything and created this topic and explained how i designed his logo.Only graphic designer and sellers know my pain.

Guy alex from CS said

capture-20190228-000537.png.85d14ee47e8eddad46be6818964dc945.png

their emails always look a like they did even read our messages 😄 just copy pasting their final decision about my account.

i had many buyers even buyers with 20+ orders on repeat.Many 5 stars + positive ratings.I can see some people just using other people portfolio on gigs and pretend to be like real designers.i seen people using my gig picture back then.But fiverr can’t see it.Honesty in modern world will only take you down. Shady work and outsourcing work always work with fiverr.

Thanks sinsin for your support.Yes CS replied to me.Even i provided everything and created this topic and explained how i designed his logo.Only graphic designer and sellers know my pain.

Guy alex from CS said

their emails always look a like they did even read our messages 😄 just copy pasting their final decision about my account.

i had many buyers even buyers with 20+ orders on repeat.Many 5 stars + positive ratings.I can see some people just using other people portfolio on gigs and pretend to be like real designers.i seen people using my gig picture back then.But fiverr can’t see it.Honesty in modern world will only take you down. Shady work and outsourcing work always work with fiverr.

Please be patient trying a few more rounds, maybe with more detailed evidence, process, similar online archived case study, whatever. We can imagine they must handle hundreds or more requests weekly or even daily, so “just copy pasting” sometimes can be understood. Who knows after some rounds a serious fella step in…

Anyway, hope good thing will come, in any mean.

Please be patient trying a few more rounds, maybe with more detailed evidence, process, similar online archived case study, whatever. We can imagine they must handle hundreds or more requests weekly or even daily, so “just copy pasting” sometimes can be understood. Who knows after some rounds a serious fella step in…

Anyway, hope good thing will come, in any mean.

Thanks yes sent more proofs even this forum topic.let’s see.

Thanks you guys.

Here’s their service mark registration.
http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:em68xj.2.7

I can’t quite figure out the symbolism (people holding hands?) but it does reference “coils/spirals” which is what your filament is going for. I believe it was an honest mistake but your first 2 look quite similar to it. That being said, their trademark doesn’t protect all marks that look similar. If that’s the only registered logo that looks like what you made, you’re quite in the clear because they’re not related products. Your market segments are so vastly different I don’t see “likelyhood of confusion” being upheld under any circumstances.

As far as copyright goes, I think you’re good here too. Again, I believe version 3 is significantly different and can be disregarded. Let’s look at the other 2. There’s something called the observer test/substantial similarity, which is where Joe Shmoe plays the “find the differences” game. Clearly you have differences in the addition of the circle, as well as color and weight. It’s clearly not copy-pasted. Provide source files to show that you built it from scratch. Finally, some elements of either design aren’t subject to copyright in the first place. It’s reasonable to deduce that the loops on either logo are lowercase l’s. Clearly neither designer invented the letter, and neither is the positioning super-novel (especially if that’s how the font flows in the first place) so the whole thing may be null. No sane person would accuse me of copyright infringement for typing 2 letters in Times New Roman.
favicon.png.43735db4468ed4463a6240e1b33842ba.png info.legalzoom.com

87460227_XS.jpg.010000d4ad7b7201df99b70ec3d5af46.jpg

How Close Can a Logo Be & Not Be a Copyright Infringement?

Federal copyright law protects original works of art and design used commercially, such as logos. If the copyright is registered with the U.S. Copyright Office, anyone who violates the copyright by using it without permission can be subject to a...

I’m not an attorney, judge, or IP expert, but a feel that’s a valid case to present for reconsideration. If you can show you’re not guilty of trademark or copyright infringement, then no TOS violation and no reason for your account to be disabled. I’ll keep digging and see if I can find court cases of a similar scenario.

Here’s their service mark registration.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:em68xj.2.7

I can’t quite figure out the symbolism (people holding hands?) but it does reference “coils/spirals” which is what your filament is going for. I believe it was an honest mistake but your first 2 look quite similar to it. That being said, their trademark doesn’t protect all marks that look similar. If that’s the only registered logo that looks like what you made, you’re quite in the clear because they’re not related products. Your market segments are so vastly different I don’t see “likelyhood of confusion” being upheld under any circumstances.

As far as copyright goes, I think you’re good here too. Again, I believe version 3 is significantly different and can be disregarded. Let’s look at the other 2. There’s something called the observer test/substantial similarity, which is where Joe Shmoe plays the “find the differences” game. Clearly you have differences in the addition of the circle, as well as color and weight. It’s clearly not copy-pasted. Provide source files to show that you built it from scratch. Finally, some elements of either design aren’t subject to copyright in the first place. It’s reasonable to deduce that the loops on either logo are lowercase l’s. Clearly neither designer invented the letter, and neither is the positioning super-novel (especially if that’s how the font flows in the first place) so the whole thing may be null. No sane person would accuse me of copyright infringement for typing 2 letters in Times New Roman.

f75fd7499e5bea5a05b462dcbd6ca83be150134a.pnginfo.legalzoom.com

0a65b9ff898520b3497d935359a2afdb056bf4c5.jpeg

How Close Can a Logo Be & Not Be a Copyright Infringement?

Federal copyright law protects original works of art and design used commercially, such as logos. If the copyright is registered with the U.S. Copyright Office, anyone who violates the copyright by using it without permission can be subject to a...

I’m not an attorney, judge, or IP expert, but a feel that’s a valid case to present for reconsideration. If you can show you’re not guilty of trademark or copyright infringement, then no TOS violation and no reason for your account to be disabled. I’ll keep digging and see if I can find court cases of a similar scenario.

Thank you very much. Honestly guys this was the 100% coincident.And buyer in his place was right but also his behaviour was not good.i was ready for revision and refund.

logo is very similar.But i used fonts instead to making an actual icon with pen strokes.yes it’s like “find the differences” game.i have sources files including where i typed fonts to make those “ll” as an icon.

here reply from CS after last email to them with proofs.

nicki.png.744a7e89b3e467b4351b93a735199877.png

You provided a fantastic detail about this case.I am posting all of your information to CS and all proof.

oh i am not Guilty your last words scaring me. I’ll keep digging and see if I can find court cases of a similar scenario.

It was really a $10 job.well in case i have all the proof to explain.No need to worry about it.i hope fiverr understand this situation.

Thanks

never don’t block your clients.

yes pixcyy.But when i work there was already enough pressure.And he was just not ready to reply.His responses was late.Coming back after order completion date.And saying words that no one want to say.With a Love i can give him extra $5 in refund.Communication is the key.

Thanks

Thank you very much. Honestly guys this was the 100% coincident.And buyer in his place was right but also his behaviour was not good.i was ready for revision and refund.

logo is very similar.But i used fonts instead to making an actual icon with pen strokes.yes it’s like “find the differences” game.i have sources files including where i typed fonts to make those “ll” as an icon.

here reply from CS after last email to them with proofs.

nicki

You provided a fantastic detail about this case.I am posting all of your information to CS and all proof.

oh i am not Guilty your last words scaring me. I’ll keep digging and see if I can find court cases of a similar scenario.

It was really a $10 job.well in case i have all the proof to explain.No need to worry about it.i hope fiverr understand this situation.

Thanks

I am seriously surprised by Fiverr Support. They are quite ignorant and doesn’t know copyright law.

What @wooden_fish said is right. Fonts that free for use can not be claimed as copyright infringement and on top of that the same logos if they are not registered internationally across all industries CAN be used like in your case. And on top of that your third logo is quite different. I am quite disappointed at fiverr staff and how they handle situations without knowing the rules of “copyright”. Big boooo for them.

I am seriously surprised by Fiverr Support. They are quite ignorant and doesn’t know copyright law.

What @wooden_fish said is right. Fonts that free for use can not be claimed as copyright infringement and on top of that the same logos if they are not registered internationally across all industries CAN be used like in your case. And on top of that your third logo is quite different. I am quite disappointed at fiverr staff and how they handle situations without knowing the rules of “copyright”. Big boooo for them.

Thanks maria.Yes i am providing every proof and article to help them to know how this graphic designs Logo similarity cases and copyright works.

There are few rounds when i design logo for my clients.logo can not be done in first delivery.But sometime when buyer provide accurate information it can be done in first delivery if buyer like to discuss and reply quick to my question.i provided him 3 versions just to get the idea so i can provide him more revision if don’t like it.

yes not all companies have international copyright.Lavalife looks small dating apps.There are tons of dating apps.well fiverr just want to support a $10 buyer.And i earned like maybe $10,000 from fiverr.

20% commission will be like $2000.

He was the only one with 1 star i think.others were all with 5 stars very happy customers.Never had this problem before.

Its really a bad luck and a bad experience. It also matter of headache. A logo may be lightly match with other ones. For this should not suspend account without remind. I think the buyer firstly complain to CS with document so they did this. You also present your document to CS. Looks what happend next.
We expect you will get access on your account again.

Its really a bad luck and a bad experience. It also matter of headache. A logo may be lightly match with other ones. For this should not suspend account without remind. I think the buyer firstly complain to CS with document so they did this. You also present your document to CS. Looks what happend next.

We expect you will get access on your account again.

Thanks zimosho for your support.When buyer left 1 star that same day presented my all proof just like this to fiverr CS.They said it’s all right that time but then just disabled my account.And we have to wait our earned money for 90 days to withdraw.OMG what if i need my money right now.if some one have emergency.well if logo is matching he is not be able to use.I don’t understand really what they are expecting for $10.What fiverr is doing ? these changes like blind review.Some People from asian country india , pakistan , china and other small countries people depends themselves on fiverr income.Thank god i still have other sources to make money.

Yeah it really bad luck and also fiverr does not give we the sellers any chances to explain our self in this type of situation and It is really demoralizing. I am so sorry to hear your sad experience. I think we need to advocate for level playing ground for both buyers and sellers on this platform.

Yeah it really bad luck and also fiverr does not give we the sellers any chances to explain our self in this type of situation and It is really demoralizing. I am so sorry to hear your sad experience. I think we need to advocate for level playing ground for both buyers and sellers on this platform.

Thanks for your support.check here when i tried to explain with all the proof.This is how they respond.

capture-20190228-211819.png.0c2276f1790d73fd8b19b7782fe114c9.png

why he said have a good day in my bad days ? .It’s funny just like blind review.😁

Archived