Request for VA phone calling was denied. Why?

hfl_jean

Exactly,

Many might have many reasons for needing that kind of service.

How about the hearing-impaired

(Not referring to “his” case though)

The hearing impaired often have a special phone, they type and an operator speaks for them. Then when the operator gets a reply, he will type for the hearing impaired to see the answer. Of course, it wouldn’t be convenient for cold calling.

I’ve talked to someone in those circumstances. It works, but the delay in response time that way is extremely cumbersome. Also, when I was talking to the operator, in my mind, I had to wrap my brain around saying “you” to the operator, knowing I was not actually talking directly to the real person. It was tricky for me knowing what was happening, let alone for cold calling.

I’ve talked to someone in those circumstances. It works, but the delay in response time that way is extremely cumbersome. Also, when I was talking to the operator, in my mind, I had to wrap my brain around saying “you” to the operator, knowing I was not actually talking directly to the real person. It was tricky for me knowing what was happening, let alone for cold calling.

Exactly, that’s why most deaf people prefer texting whenever possible. Some deaf people can speak and read lips, and there are some technologies that let you see the person speaking to you on the phone, such as S.

Personally, I hate being seen when I’m on the phone. Hate S interviews, I find them awkward. I’d rather meet face to face or talk on the phone.

Exactly, that’s why most deaf people prefer texting whenever possible. Some deaf people can speak and read lips, and there are some technologies that let you see the person speaking to you on the phone, such as S.

Personally, I hate being seen when I’m on the phone. Hate S interviews, I find them awkward. I’d rather meet face to face or talk on the phone.

If I remember correctly from ASL class, even super experienced lip readers end up with humungous gaps in conversation. It’s even worse when people exaggerate the motions which just totally screws up the message.

If I remember correctly from ASL class, even super experienced lip readers end up with humungous gaps in conversation. It’s even worse when people exaggerate the motions which just totally screws up the message.

Hey, why & where did you learn ASL?

(just Curious) I did too

Perhaps for the same reason

Archived