How about a $25 minimum for BRs?

edlee_vo

I am sorry about your experience, but that’s not true. I found my highest paying and most loyal clients on BR.

Yes, there is spam. Yes, there are also cheapskates. But there are great offers as well.

That’s fine and dandy and everything, but I have worked on Fiverr for about a year and a half now, and only used the BR section in the beginning. That is because I can never find any work there for an adequate price (To me, an adequate price is 2 or more cents per word, a number I know most professional writers would scoff at. TBH, this price is less than half of what I usually charge).

I don’t think is totally correct, though I agree that it describes the average buyer in BR. When I’ve been really slow I’ve often bid on as many jobs as I can in BR, though I try to pick ones that look like new buyers. I have about 6 or 7 regular buyers that I originally found on BR over the past few years.

I try to use it every so often, but like I said before, I can never find adequate priced gigs. The rare occasion I might find one, I never get hired for it. But for the most part, I have pretty much just given up on it.

I don’t agree. If there were fewer of the penny pinchers, perhaps more serious buyers would post—attracting even more professional sellers.

I know when I raised my prices I attracted better buyers.

It sounds more like a way to drive potential buyers off the platform because they think the prices have gone through the roof. If we personally as sellers do this, then fine. I do this myself. But just imagine if you, going to Fiverr to ask to get work done, finding out that you now have to pay a minimum of 25$, plus a 2$ processing fee, and even fees on tips.

If I saw that, I’d go elsewhere.

But hey, it might be good and I might be wrong. Fiverr has been experimenting with everything else lately, so why not this too?

But hey, it might be good and I might be wrong. Fiverr has been experimenting with everything else lately, so why not this too?

Okay. I’ll take this as a spirited endorsement. 😁

Let us not forget the elephant in the room. Most of the worst offenders are fiverr Sellers themselves—at least in my category.

Some of these are legitimately looking for a working partnership. Most however are trying to cheap out because they have to keep their own gig prices low. Why? Because they produce substandard work and that’s the only way they can sell anything.

Let’s face it. There will always be a bottom and there will always be bottom dwellers. Folks who have no pride in their own work and no respect for their customers will buy from and sell to the lowest common denominator. (Afterall that’s what the Real World thinks of fiverr.

Why should we make it easy for them? Personally I think Sellers should be prohibited from using Buyer Requests. In fact I’m going to make a new post.

Maybe they could put a $2 posting fee so that anyone who posts has to be serious.

It could even be done that if they hire someone who replied then they don’t have to pay a service fee.

Edit: this would also end the BR spam from sellers

Maybe they could put a $2 posting fee so that anyone who posts has to be serious.

That would be a huge insult towards buyers. Fiverr has too many fees as far as I’m concerned. Fees when you buy, fees when you tip, now fees when you post on buyers request?

What is Fiverr? A club with a $5 to $20 cover charge? Most clubs don’t charge that because they know their patrons will spend fortunes drinking.

Fiverr already makes 20%. Why isn’t that enough?

Extra fees encourage buyers to seek alternatives to Fiverr, we as sellers cannot afford that. Fiverr cannot afford that. Losing a $40 order over a $2 fee is terrifying.

That would be a huge insult towards buyers. Fiverr has too many fees as far as I’m concerned. Fees when you buy, fees when you tip, now fees when you post on buyers request?

What is Fiverr? A club with a $5 to $20 cover charge? Most clubs don’t charge that because they know their patrons will spend fortunes drinking.

Fiverr already makes 20%. Why isn’t that enough?

Extra fees encourage buyers to seek alternatives to Fiverr, we as sellers cannot afford that. Fiverr cannot afford that. Losing a $40 order over a $2 fee is terrifying.

We don’t want Buyers to avoid fiverr. We want them to use BR as a last resort—as fiverr intended. I want Sellers to avoid BRs because they are fully aware of how the system works and have the resources to find what they want the proper way.

And how many $40 orders do you get from BRs?

We don’t want Buyers to avoid fiverr. We want them to use BR as a last resort—as fiverr intended. I want Sellers to avoid BRs because they are fully aware of how the system works and have the resources to find what they want the proper way.

We want them to use BR as a last resort—as fiverr intended.

It’s a tool. If Fiverr didn’t like it, they wouldn’t offer it. Some buyers want to see lots of offers, or they want to hire lots of people, and don’t have time to look at hundreds of gigs.

I usually bid from $10 to $30, but I’ve seen budgets all the way up to $200. I never bid for more than what I charge on my gigs.

Besides, BR’s are a great place for slow days, great place for those who aren’t on the first row. The only buyers Fiverr should punish are those who do PayPal chargebacks, the rest deserved to be protected. Extra fees don’t generate goodwill for Fiverr.

We want them to use BR as a last resort—as fiverr intended.

It’s a tool. If Fiverr didn’t like it, they wouldn’t offer it. Some buyers want to see lots of offers, or they want to hire lots of people, and don’t have time to look at hundreds of gigs.

I usually bid from $10 to $30, but I’ve seen budgets all the way up to $200. I never bid for more than what I charge on my gigs.

Besides, BR’s are a great place for slow days, great place for those who aren’t on the first row. The only buyers Fiverr should punish are those who do PayPal chargebacks, the rest deserved to be protected. Extra fees don’t generate goodwill for Fiverr.

And like any tool it can be misused.

I usually bid from $10 to $30, but I’ve seen budgets all the way up to $200. I never bid for more than what I charge on my gigs

I never bid higher than my gigs, either; and that is always higher than the request. That wasn’t my question

I usually bid from $10 to $30, but I’ve seen budgets all the way up to $200. I never bid for more than what I charge on my gigs

I never bid higher than my gigs, either; and that is always higher than the request. That wasn’t my question

102876_1.png fastcopywriter:

I think some are looking for a problem where there is no problem. BR already has the issue that the search bar isn’t working, I search “whatever” and get no relevant results. That’s a problem. Buyers posting requests isn’t a problem, if a request is irrelevant to me, I ignore it. There’s even an option to hide bad requests although I rarely use it.

Your question was:

“And how many $40 orders do you get from BRs?”

I answered your question. Don’t tell me my answer is invalid because I’m getting orders worth $30 instead of $40. Besides, when a bid is accepted, there’s always the chance to send additional custom offers, thus a $30 can become a $40 or a $50.

What every seller needs is TRAFFIC. If you get the traffic, you get the sales. BR for example is a great way to create word of month, sometimes the buyer who declined your bid might hire you for something else.

If buyers had to pay $25 for BRs, then the traffic would die, they would go elsewhere.

I don’t mind Fiverr experimenting, but they shouldn’t make experiments that kill traffic. If “Available Now” didn’t work, then I’m fine with Fiverr getting rid of it. If they were to charge for BR’s, that would be a disaster.

I think some are looking for a problem where there is no problem. BR already has the issue that the search bar isn’t working, I search “whatever” and get no relevant results. That’s a problem. Buyers posting requests isn’t a problem, if a request is irrelevant to me, I ignore it. There’s even an option to hide bad requests although I rarely use it.

Your question was:

I answered your question. Don’t tell me my answer is invalid because I’m getting orders worth $30 instead of $40. Besides, when a bid is accepted, there’s always the chance to send additional custom offers, thus a $30 can become a $40 or a $50.

What every seller needs is TRAFFIC. If you get the traffic, you get the sales. BR for example is a great way to create word of month, sometimes the buyer who declined your bid might hire you for something else.

If buyers had to pay $25 for BRs, then the traffic would die, they would go elsewhere.

I don’t mind Fiverr experimenting, but they shouldn’t make experiments that kill traffic. If “Available Now” didn’t work, then I’m fine with Fiverr getting rid of it. If they were to charge for BR’s, that would be a disaster.

That’s a problem. Buyers posting requests isn’t a problem, if a request is irrelevant to me, I ignore it. There’s even an option to hide bad requests although I rarely use it.

A Seller does not see every Request posted, especially at the lower levels where it may be more important. Why allow abuse that may cause a Seller to miss a valid request?

The option is “Remove” not “Hide.” Once gone it never comes back.

A $25 MINIMUM for the Offer. Let them go hunt for someone for the small jobs. fiverr is trying to “Go Pro” and increase prices and raise their image. I said require posts to offer a minimum of $25 for the job.

That’s a problem. Buyers posting requests isn’t a problem, if a request is irrelevant to me, I ignore it. There’s even an option to hide bad requests although I rarely use it.

A Seller does not see every Request posted, especially at the lower levels where it may be more important. Why allow abuse that may cause a Seller to miss a valid request?

A $25 MINIMUM for the Offer. Let them go hunt for someone for the small jobs. fiverr is trying to “Go Pro” and increase prices and raise their image. I said require posts to offer a minimum of $25 for the job.

But that’s life. The early bird catches the worm. Those sellers that are checking buyers requests 3 times a day deserve to get more orders than the ones that rarely go there. I don’t see the abuse, to me this is no different than people who go to police auctions, buy tax liens, learned bitcoin mining, and do other things that others aren’t familiar with.

Doesn’t matter, if you clicked “remove” it’s because the request was irrelevant to you. If you made a mistake, there will be other requests in the future. It’s important not to bid on everything, but only the most relevant offerings. Since we cannot afford bad reviews, refunds, etc, it’s better to lose sales than to take chances on dubious orders.

Well, I think that’s a bad idea. What if a customer needs a brand name, slogan, e-mail, or other job where the budget is $10 to $20? You can make money from small orders just like you can from big ones.

Let others go “pro” if they want. I don’t want to, nor should I have to. The market needs people like me, my reviews are proof of it.

But that’s life. The early bird catches the worm. Those sellers that are checking buyers requests 3 times a day deserve to get more orders than the ones that rarely go there. I don’t see the abuse, to me this is no different than people who go to police auctions, buy tax liens, learned bitcoin mining, and do other things that others aren’t familiar with.

Doesn’t matter, if you clicked “remove” it’s because the request was irrelevant to you. If you made a mistake, there will be other requests in the future. It’s important not to bid on everything, but only the most relevant offerings. Since we cannot afford bad reviews, refunds, etc, it’s better to lose sales than to take chances on dubious orders.

Well, I think that’s a bad idea. What if a customer needs a brand name, slogan, e-mail, or other job where the budget is $10 to $20? You can make money from small orders just like you can from big ones.

Let others go “pro” if they want. I don’t want to, nor should I have to. The market needs people like me, my reviews are proof of it.

Well, I think that’s a bad idea.

Noted.

You seem to have managed to miss the point of the entire thread, but your last comment tells me why:

Exactly! There will always be a place for sellers like you and buyers will always find you. That place, however is not in the Buyer Request area.

Your question was:

What every seller needs is TRAFFIC. If you get the traffic, you get the sales. BR for example is a great way

This is a good point. Buyers who check out your gigs after you submit a proposal are still doing you good.

Let them go hunt for someone for the small jobs. fiverr is trying to “Go Pro” and increase prices and raise their image. I said require posts to offer a minimum of $25 for the job

Pros have to charge a minimum of $100. A $25 minimum on BR just makes to hard for new sellers and level 1-TRS who might or might not go “Pro.”

Making a $25 minimum for BR would basically just turn an existing tool into a useless thing. I’m not saying the tool is perfect, but I don’t understand how your idea would help. I also don’t see many forum buyers or sellers jumping to agree with you. :thinking:

Currently most of the time sellers below level 1 get about zero buyer requests shown due to Fiverr’s restrictions. How will it help them at all if jobs with a minimum $25 budget are only allowed in the Buyer Request section. Level 0 sellers would practically never see a request.

Currently most of the time sellers below level 1 get about zero buyer requests shown due to Fiverr’s restrictions. How will it help them at all if jobs with a minimum $25 budget are only allowed in the Buyer Request section. Level 0 sellers would practically never see a request.

How will it help them at all if jobs with a minimum $25 budget are only allowed in the Buyer Request section.

How does it help them to be treated like suckers and worked to death for $5 by the bottom feeders?

I know for a fact that new Sellers and sellers that have been knocked back to below Level One because of fiverr’s onerous cancellation policy, still get BRs—but less than Level One and Two Sellers. Should their few slots be taken up by bottom feeders; particularly when those are other fiverr Sellers preying on them?

I don’t think so.

How will it help them at all if jobs with a minimum $25 budget are only allowed in the Buyer Request section.

How does it help them to be treated like suckers and worked to death for $5 by the bottom feeders?

I know for a fact that new Sellers and sellers that have been knocked back to below Level One because of fiverr’s onerous cancellation policy, still get BRs—but less than Level One and Two Sellers. Should their few slots be taken up by bottom feeders; particularly when those are other fiverr Sellers preying on them?

I don’t think so.

I said “most of the time”. Yes they do get buyer requests but most of the time probably get about 0. Most of the times I check there are 0 requests showing. Currently there are only 2 requests showing (that’s including every category) but they are irrelevant.

Should their few slots be taken up by bottom feeders; particularly when those are other fiverr Sellers preying on them?

What it means is there will be a lot less people posting requests in the buyer requests section. Those with level 0 will have even less chance of seeing/responding to a request or a relevant request. Which means less chance for them to be able to get orders and less chance to get to a higher level where they could see a proper number of requests. Though even level 1 and above sellers would see a lot less requests if the min budget was $25.

What you could do is just ask for a filter for the higher budget requests - or the ones with no budget specified. Or have an additional request section for the higher value requests (sort of like “Pro Requests” but not up to the Pro seller’s minimum price).

I said “most of the time”. Yes they do get buyer requests but most of the time probably get about 0. Most of the times I check there are 0 requests showing. Currently there are only 2 requests showing (that’s including every category) but they are irrelevant.

Should their few slots be taken up by bottom feeders; particularly when those are other fiverr Sellers preying on them?

What it means is there will be a lot less people posting requests in the buyer requests section. Those with level 0 will have even less chance of seeing/responding to a request or a relevant request. Which means less chance for them to be able to get orders and less chance to get to a higher level where they could see a proper number of requests. Though even level 1 and above sellers would see a lot less requests if the min budget was $25.

What you could do is just ask for a filter for the higher budget requests - or the ones with no budget specified. Or have an additional request section for the higher value requests (sort of like “Pro Requests” but not up to the Pro seller’s minimum price).

Most of the times I check there are 0 requests showing. Currently there are only 2 requests showing (that’s including every category) but they are irrelevant.

One only sees requests if one has a gig in that category—sometimes a Buyer will miscategorize his request. As a Level One I see about 15-20 throughout the day, and I am only in one category. I have no idea how many I may be missing.

Those with level 0 will have even less chance of seeing/responding to a request or a relevant request.

First, fiverr never meant BRs to be the primary marketing tool for Sellers, nor the primary search tool for Buyers. It has pretty much degenerated into a mudpool of toads with a few frogs floating on lily pads—who may be princes in disguise.

Wouldn’t you rather compete for two $25 jobs than ten $5 ones asking for $25 worth of work each?

What you could do…

No, what I could do is try to help dredge BRs out of the cesspool and get the low budget fiverr sellers who don’t value their own work and undercut competent sellers, out of the pool.

Most of the times I check there are 0 requests showing. Currently there are only 2 requests showing (that’s including every category) but they are irrelevant.

One only sees requests if one has a gig in that category—sometimes a Buyer will miscategorize his request. As a Level One I see about 15-20 throughout the day, and I am only in one category. I have no idea how many I may be missing.

Those with level 0 will have even less chance of seeing/responding to a request or a relevant request.

First, fiverr never meant BRs to be the primary marketing tool for Sellers, nor the primary search tool for Buyers. It has pretty much degenerated into a mudpool of toads with a few frogs floating on lily pads—who may be princes in disguise.

Wouldn’t you rather compete for two $25 jobs than ten $5 ones asking for $25 worth of work each?

What you could do…

No, what I could do is try to help dredge BRs out of the cesspool and get the low budget fiverr sellers who don’t value their own work and undercut competent sellers, out of the pool.

What chance will I have of even seeing the the 2 $25 jobs? As an unleveled seller as soon as a certain number of unleveled sellers respond to those they will disappear and be unavailable for every other unleveled seller.

I’d prefer, right now (as I’m not currently >= level 1) for there to be 10 $5 requests as at least I’d have a chance to see some of them. They would also get me more orders and likely be from different sellers which could give me other orders. Those orders could then give me the chance at higher priced orders, and those orders could give me the chance to get to a higher level. More orders completed will also mean less chance of an “ordered by mistake” order affecting your stats in a way that will stop you increasing your level or stop it from reducing your level.

So right now, if the buyers are all reasonable in what they are asking for, I’d rather have a lot more <$25 requests than 2 $25 request that I may never see or have a chance to send an offer to because of Fiverr’s restrictions. More requests will also mean more variety and more chance that they are relevant to my gigs.

What chance will I have of even seeing the the 2 $25 jobs? As an unleveled seller as soon as a certain number of unleveled sellers respond to those they will disappear and be unavailable for every other unleveled seller.

I’d prefer, right now (as I’m not currently >= level 1) for there to be 10 $5 requests as at least I’d have a chance to see some of them. They would also get me more orders and likely be from different sellers which could give me other orders. Those orders could then give me the chance at higher priced orders, and those orders could give me the chance to get to a higher level. More orders completed will also mean less chance of an “ordered by mistake” order affecting your stats in a way that will stop you increasing your level or stop it from reducing your level.

So right now, if the buyers are all reasonable in what they are asking for, I’d rather have a lot more <$25 requests than 2 $25 request that I may never see or have a chance to send an offer to because of Fiverr’s restrictions. More requests will also mean more variety and more chance that they are relevant to my gigs.

So right now, the buyers are all reasonable in what they are asking for,

Well, if you are comfortable that this is the case; go for it. I have no idea how much work you are willing to do for $5 (and that’s your business, ) but if you are still in business next year at this time, let me know and I will apologize to you profusely.

So right now, the buyers are all reasonable in what they are asking for,

Well, if you are comfortable that this is the case; go for it. I have no idea how much work you are willing to do for $5 (and that’s your business, ) but if you are still in business next year at this time, let me know and I will apologize to you profusely.

I meant (and edited to say) “If the buyers are all reasonable in what they are asking for” (meaning if both sets of buyers were being reasonable in what they were asking for for their budget - the 10x $5 vs the 2x $25).

So while it’s different for you because you’re >level 0, for those that aren’t, giving them some buyer requests that are relevant is better than giving them much fewer that will disappear so quickly they’ll probably never be able to see them or send an offer to them.

Some orders (that will help you get others, and help you increase your level) is better than no orders from there being no buyer requests (or no relevant buyer requests) shown to you when you view the BR page.

Right now I see just one buyer request (the total for all categories). That one request is irrelevant. How many do you think I’d see if the minimum budget was $25?

… fiverr never meant BRs to be the primary marketing tool for Sellers, nor the primary search tool for Buyers

Maybe they could fix the search option then so that the “refine filter” section worked properly and allowed someone to refine the search by the category they want as soon as they’ve pressed “search”. Not having a category selectable immediately after doing a search (even though that category is where most of the gigs with that search term are - ie. the category with the highest number next to it) isn’t exactly helping people find a gig.

Maybe they could also make it so that searching for a gig by its search tag actually (always) displayed the gig in the results. Maybe they could also allow more than 5 search tags. Maybe they could make the “online” search filter actually (always) work.

Archived