My first gig is over $10,000

janetsmiths

Hey, how are you Missy? Long time… :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Anyways, I did not see $10000 anywhere in the question.

You stated that I should get the first amount before doing any work??? I thought Fiverr pays “after” the work is complete, not before. ————My gig is a virtual talent acquisition sourcer, where I source talent (employees) for employers. This agreement is to source 100 telemarketers and submit viable candidates based on the provided job description, to employer within two weeks timeframe. There is a 2-phase guarantee period ( basically a probationary period) After the candidate has workered the…

Well it’s not going to happen that you receive a $5000 payment from them I’m pretty sure. You certainly do not want to take on this kind of a big project without getting payment.

Well it’s not going to happen that you receive a $5000 payment from them I’m pretty sure. You certainly do not want to take on this kind of a big project without getting payment.

You are correct! I definitely do not want to ‘volunteer’ my services without raising my hand to volunteer

You are correct! I definitely do not want to ‘volunteer’ my services without raising my hand to volunteer

I’m so glad you asked on the forum about this before going ahead with it.

I congratulate you on the job. It is great you can get such a job here. I agree with others. The way Fiverr is structured, even if you meet the two week goal, the buyer can cancel any time for no reason, and they can go to paypal and ask for a refund, which will freeze your Fiverr account. I would ask for the money up front or half now and half when you get 10.

Again, there is risk that the buyer will cancel the order or ask for a refund at any time. Lets hope that never comes, but be wary. Such large orders with such long milestones are not the norm here.

I congratulate you on the job. It is great you can get such a job here. I agree with others. The way Fiverr is structured, even if you meet the two week goal, the buyer can cancel any time for no reason, and they can go to paypal and ask for a refund, which will freeze your Fiverr account. I would ask for the money up front or half now and half when you get 10.

Again, there is risk that the buyer will cancel the order or ask for a refund at any time. Lets hope that never comes, but be wary. Such large orders with such long milestones are not the norm here.

I certainly appreciate your input on this subject and advising on the “normal” process here with Fiverr. I was racking my brain on how to even structure the ‘create an offer’ section with the limited options against my particular gig situation.

Just looking at your profile and experience I have some thoughts:

You could do so many gigs such as resume writing or review, cover letters, interview preparedness, and all things that may fall under HR or people looking for work. With your experience, those types of gigs are in high demand.

Your voice gig is great, but a completely different realm from the HR one. I would suggest staying consistent in keeping your gigs in the HR theme. Perhaps you offer voice overs for hr ads or videos?

You can do well here with your skill set. All about presentation as I am sure you know.

When I started I was all over the place doing virtual assistant, poetry writing, web content, and trying different things. just to get work and reviews. I’m now at 3 Gigs that are all writing based.

Lots of folks thing the more Gigs the better, when the opposite is true. A few well designed and related Gigs are best. I do web content and write blogs, which go hand in hand. People hire me to write the web content, then come back for my blogs or listicles.

Food for thought.

@silberma1976 You have no idea how much I appreciate what you just said and wrote!!!:hugs: Thank you for that efficient assessment & advice!

@silberma1976 You have no idea how much I appreciate what you just said and wrote!!!:hugs: Thank you for that efficient assessment & advice!

Your welcome. Any more questions message me. I had so much help from seller here when I started, and I see your potential here.

Your gig description should be more about what you offer too rather than your experience.

Charles

Your welcome. Any more questions message me. I had so much help from seller here when I started, and I see your potential here.

Your gig description should be more about what you offer too rather than your experience.

Charles

I had so much help from seller here when I started

❤️

Too good a motivation to Give back! Hope everyone understands this…

Archived